Who would you play and what positions both tactics

View attachment 1132911

as its gone per shape since my last post

If your using the 4-3-3 I would probs go Hemed as target man, and try to get some real pace and workrate as the wide forwards. As much of an FM legend, maybe Rhodes needs to go, Winnall is probs not good enough and Hooper is getting older. Might not be the tactic but maybe the players. You need 6 strikers. 2 left footed pacey strikers, 2 target men, and 2 right pacey footed strikers. You might get away with 5 but try and get some electric pace into the team. Also maybe switch to the 3-4-3 a couple of games as you might grind out some results.

Hope that helps

In my first season in Premier League i finished 4th, i qualified for Champions League, i won the Carabao cup, and reached the FA semi finals!!! Right now i have players fitting the 4-3-3 tactic cause i bought them last year, but once i guarantee against first 4 places this year, i will change to 3-4-3 for the year after this one. Pav let us know if you make any changes.

If your using the 4-3-3 I would probs go Hemed as target man, and try to get some real pace and workrate as the wide forwards. As much of an FM legend, maybe Rhodes needs to go, Winnall is probs not good enough and Hooper is getting older. Might not be the tactic but maybe the players. You need 6 strikers. 2 left footed pacey strikers, 2 target men, and 2 right pacey footed strikers. You might get away with 5 but try and get some electric pace into the team. Also maybe switch to the 3-4-3 a couple of games as you might grind out some results.

Hope that helps

make a player filter please

I switched to the 433 after the defeat (defeat was with Kryznar's 4-1-2-3, I was neck and neck with Arsenal at the top of the league at that point, equal points. Now 9 points clear with four games to go):

View attachment 78685

I put this up there with JesAustralia's 4-3-3 Beta tactic from last year, it blitzes the opposition.

Last edited:
I started using the 433 in my first season in my Everton save and although it was high scoring I couldn’t tolerate how easy it was for the opponent to get goals and get back into the game, the season ended well (top 4 finish) but after all the points thrown away I felt like my team had the potential for more. Fast forward to season 2 using the 343 and I feel like I’m cheating, all my strikers are eating but Niasse who is rated 2.5 stars if he didn’t score another goal from January onwards would probably still win the golden boot.

I will do some filters lads will try and get some up for the weekend.

You need 6 strikers. 2 left footed pacey strikers, 2 target men, and 2 right pacey footed strikers.

Whats the ideal right footed on left side, and left footed on right side or vice versa?

Having a run with Gateshead. I will share my results. Actually in november undefeated and 1st. My biggest issues are on defense, as i dont have pacey CBs, and when my wing backs are closing a lot to the atackers, leaving the wing totally alone. They even go to the midfield trying to get the ball back, then their FB, Wingers use that space to cross alone. That how i concede some goals. But in atack, it is superb.

Will try the 4-3-3. Having Issues with the LIAM's Goalgalore at the moment.

Can you screen shot your tactics and team instructions and I can put them in the OP, cheers mate. Really glad the 3-4-3 is working for you I won back to back titles in Belgium but I would say this is more impressive. And could be a go to tactic in the top divisions :)

View attachment 78660View attachment 78659

Thats pretty much my team 1st season.

Sturaro and Batshuayi I bought in January, used Lewis Cook / Bennik Afobe before then.

Got a little bit of second season syndrome. Defence remains ridiculously strong but my strikers have forgotten how to score. Getting lots of 0-0's and 1-1's this time round. Still 3rd in prem and 1 point behind leaders after 7 games but I'm confident my team will get through it.

Edit: 2 games after complaining I cant score.... Bournemouth 9 - Liverpool 2. Ooops :)

View attachment 78646

Last edited:
Half way through second season with Bournemouth using 3-4-3.

A poor start to the season culminating in a lot of draws left me with points to make up in pursuit of a very consistent man u team who invested very heavily pre-season. However, my team rediscovered their goal scoring touch and we are undefeated after 19 games.
Debut CL campaign got off to a dreadful start, 2 draws and 2 defeats after 4 games left me staring at an unceremonious exit. An absolute drubbing of Wolfsburg followed leaving only a win over CSKA Moscow needed in final game to qualify. Cue DeFoe 93rd min and Callum Wilson 95th min goals for a 2-0 victory. Literally fell out my chair when that went in!

View attachment 78632View attachment 78631View attachment 78626View attachment 78629

Last season I very much plug and played the 3-4-3. However this season after a bit of frustration with consistently drawing I implement the following tweaks if needed:

If still drawing after 30 mins and what I'm seeing isnt giving me a warm feeling I switch to attacking mentality and Overload on about 70 mins.
If I want to protect a lead I switch my wingbacks to support duty.

OIs: I leave to *** Man as OP states.
Teamtalks: I leave to *** Man
Match Prep: I've tinkered around with this and the best consistency I've found is to leave it on Match Prep all season. Player training I left on Team work for the first couple of months before switching back to balanced.
Individual player training Ive set to the role they are playing as for each player. For players like Callum Wilson who may play either AF or CF or Lewis Cook who plays both the BWM and MEZ rols, I've set what I thought they'd play the most as.

I've had 2 games that have had "red cards" that could have resulted in a devastating loss.

Chelsea: Michael Keane off on 17 mins, was 1-0 up.
Took off STCR and switched wingbacks to support. Didnt see one chelsea attack in the highlights but had wave after wave of bournemouth assaults. Won 3-0

View attachment 78628

Tottenham: Lucas Romero CMCR off 85th min. 3-0 up. Left the midfield space blank, changed wingbacks to defensive. Won 5-1

View attachment 78627

I found in both those games once my player was sent off the opponents went all out. By putting my wingbacks to def/support it helped ensure defensive solidarity at the expense of my wingbacks being deeper and forced to ping "early crosses from deep" into the box. As the teams playing direct my strikers were expecting this and as the opponent was pressing so high up the pitch these early crosses were literally catching them with their pants down for every single attack. It was hilarious watching wave after wave of my 3 strikers vs 1 defender or 1 on 1 with the keeper despite being the team down to 10 men and being expected to have shut up shop and be camping in my own box.

Can not understate how good this 3-4-3 is. To be unbeaten with a mediocre Bournemouth team half way through the season is really something. Thanks PAV for such an amazing tactic. Lets hope the inevitable updates dont break this one! The unsung hero position of this tactic? In my opinion the BPD Stopper in the centre of the back 3. He always sweeps forward from his line with the other 2 and destroys opponent attacks, then launches a devastating counter attack either to the wingbacks or directly to one of the 3 strikers. So good to watch :)

Last edited:
Can anybody that plays the 343 with a top team with top strikers tell me if they’re having an issue with strikers not converting clear cut chances? My mediocre rated strikers needed 6 clear cut chances to put 1 goal past Tottenham, but it’s becoming a recurring theme.

Having serious problems with this tactic with my Roma game Last 3 games since started using it Roma 2-6 Napoli, Gent 3-4 Roma, Inter 3-1 Roma. Crazy how many goals conceding, always from wingback out of position. The gent game I had 30% possession :/. Karsdorp avg.7 before changing last game rating of 3.8! never seen such low rating ha. wingback

Had my first troubles with the 433 since taking Wealdstone to League one. We lost nearly every game until October but have just won 7 in a row. Hopefully it stays that way.

View attachment 78548

CM Roles

Has anyone attempted to change the roles for the two CMs in the 3-4-3?

I am using it with Newcastle with some really good results, however my current crop of CMs don't really suit the roles currently assigned.