This tactic is pretty amazing. Quickly becoming my favorite, as it plays really beautiful football. 1 goal allowed in the first 5 games only. I've only changed the OI's, left everything else the same. I don't know why it works, but it's consistently good. Well done, Mamaiemaipunemfesu (whatever that name means!) (H)

View attachment 381034View attachment 381033

This tactic is pretty amazing. Quickly becoming my favorite, as it plays really beautiful football. 1 goal allowed in the first 5 games only. I've only changed the OI's, left everything else the same. I don't know why it works, but it's consistently good. Well done, Mamaiemaipunemfesu (whatever that name means!) (H)

View attachment 587215View attachment 587217

What are your OI changes?

What are your OI changes?

DR/DL/WBL/WBR - Close down always, Tackling easy
DC/DCL/DCR - Tight marking never, Close down always, Tackling easy
AMC - Tackling hard
ST/STCR/STCL - Tight marking always

Changed the instruction for the AML to Cross to Far Post as well, the right winger always seems to get on the end of it for an open goal.

Last edited:
DR/DL/WBL/WBR - Close down always, Tackling easy
DC/DCL/DCR - Tight marking never, Close down always, Tackling easy
AMC - Tackling hard
ST/STCR/STCL - Tight marking always

Changed the instruction for the AML to Cross to Far Post as well, the right winger always seems to get on the end of it for an open goal.

The side defenders usually have "dive into tackles" and they are tackling hard (to get possesion higher up the pitch). Usually tackle easy is for the central defs, as the ycan be booked => red.

Tight marking for defenders is bad as it disrupts the defensive shape. Close down will get them out of position, you`re screwed vs a pacey striker with great off the ball (think aguero).

Marking for strikers is bad because that means they will stick to their assigned player, when transition from defense to attack the opposing players will be close to them aka they can be easily dispossesed :)

View attachment 381016

Under 19 are raping using this tactic aswell as it looks. (H)

I already explained this. Its more than normal to be raped if you got a team full of hulks and you press up the pitch :))
Plus the fluidity = 0, the tactical attributes of the players are close to 10 i imagine, its nearly impossible to go 22 league wins out of 22 with that. in half a season it could be brought to give you a 75% win ratio imo.

No coach can take over say Stoke and beat everything.

this plays some beautiful football, and gets the results to back it up. amazing job! i'm done with trying to make any more tactics and finally gonna have some fun playing this game :)

THIS TACTIC IS GREAT (for top sides only)!

Lol, I do understand why people think OP's a **** because some of his posts makes him come across as arrogrant, but you gotta give him something; the tactic actually works. And it works quite well. Because OP couldn't be arsed with posting screenies, I cba to do it myself. So you'll just have to take my word for it.

The tactic is actually quite impressive, but I'm only seeing things from one perspective; I managed a Manchester United side and won a treble (didn't win the league cup because my 1st. and 2nd. goalkeeper was injured for the league cup final, and the opponent was Chelsea). So based on people's different experiences and mine, it's probably safe to conclude that this tactic is only for strong sides.

EDIT: Well done, OP. But for future references, I'd recommend you to put a little bit more work into your first post if you want people to try it out. Now you'll probably get more stick than you actually deserve, so a little humbleness along the way would've saved you some time (from defending yourself).

Last edited:
There will be a gap between mid and attack, there is no link + the all suport bonanza will lead to what Mourinho called a sterile possesion. Especially if you meet a deep defence that stays on feet & stand of opponent.

What's the reasoning for the WB and RF down the right hand side?

Best tactic hands down for top teams.
Do you have any PPM recommendations?
Currently I'm just training my players (Arsenal) to copy Barcelona's PPMs.

Also, how do you set up your OIs?
Just assistant manager?

i agree. the best tactic but for top teams only, or playing as the favourite or even in home games. it would be awesome to develop a counter or less posession based version for iunderdogs or away games.

Best tactic hands down for top teams.
Do you have any PPM recommendations?
Currently I'm just training my players (Arsenal) to copy Barcelona's PPMs.

Also, how do you set up your OIs?
Just assistant manager?

Assistant, usually they should be set by me as i know better who the opposing threats are and how to counter them. But it takes time and i didn`t wanna waste 2 days to finish a season. Your assistant should have high tactics/tactic knowledge determination motivation discipline.

ppms
fake 9 = messi`s. The important ones are come deep to get the ball (Off the ball, Anticipation, Decisions, Creativity) (to involve himself in the building of the attack) tries killer balls often (Passing, Technique, Creativity, Decisions, Teamwork) (already instructed for direct passing) - to set up team mates that move into goal scoring / play one twos = fasten up the game. Places shots = the type of finishing. Player will put shots unreacheable for the goalkeeper. (Finishing, Technique, much Composure). This could have been even better by having "curls ball" but its one of the hardest ppm to train as it requires tutoring. Lob keeper = 1v1 situation (Creativity, Technique, Composure, Finishing, Flair, Decisions).

Inside forward (your typical villa/neymar). Remember villa was a striker. Henry was a striker. the reason they were asked to stay by the line is to stretch the defense and create space. When they get the possesion usually they go for the net, allowing alba to stay wide and keep at least a defender there.
So i`ve trained neymar to have Run with ball often(Dribbling, Acceleration, Flair, Agility), Dribble through center (Dribbling, Flair, Quickness, Balance, Agility) cuz he will cut inside(Dribbling, Anticipation, Decisions, Flair, Agility, Finishing, Passing) and place shots (Finishing, Technique, much Composure) . Basically this should instruct the player to cut inside and shoot/pass. Will train him to "play one twos" aswell.

Winger (right) the pedro style. (usually second goalscorer)

move into channels/cut inside/place shots/gets into opposition area.

Central midline.

Left = the more attacking midfielder (typical iniesta)
Tries killer/dictates tempo/ play one-twos/gets forard. I`m thinking of training him move into channels aswell.

Right = the DLP, usually xavi, the guy that comes back to take the ball from either busquets/defenders, usually doesn`t venture too much in attack and is almost never to be found in the opposition box.

come deep/killer/dictate tempo/one-twos.

HB - busquets. Originally a def midfielder aimed at recycling possesion and pressing up the pitch, he was later used in guardiola`s setup to help the defenders when wing backs venture in attack (he was even used as cb, which he sucked balls at cuz he had not enough speed to catch up with the loose defenders)

Stays back at all times/ runs rarely with ball/short passing

Left back (alba)
gets forward whenever possible, runs down the left, knocks ball

Righ back (alves). Alves usually is to be found in guardiola`s setup as a winger/defensive winger. There are times when he is even more advanced than the Winger. What his going up allows is the winger to get into goalscoring opportunities by having almost permanently his back covered. In my setup i`ve sold alexis and pedro (each for 40+ mils) cuz i hate them irl and i`m playing deulofeu (cheap free + shitloads of skill). He has over 20 goals, more than neymar simply because alves`s pushing forward.

Runs down right/gets forward whenever possible/dive into tackles/ hugs line/shoot with power (this is not a must, alves has it so he scores some goals aswell).

central defs should have just "does not dive into tackles".

What's the reasoning for the WB and RF down the right hand side?

View attachment 380901

Messi was not a if/ pedro was not an if aswell. Messi had times when he swapped position with eto`o, being a false nine from his usual winger role. Pedro while under pep i remember had 20 goals a season. pretty similar to my winger ^^

Last edited:
End of season, beginning of WC. I got just 1 defeat and 1 draw in international friendlies (dunno why it was set for the assistant to manage friendlies).

16 goals received in a full campaign with over 100 scored. Just 3 goals in all CL matches lol. Defence looks rock solid, interceptions are made mostly before getting any way closer to the box.

Messi has !!!! 74 goals

View attachment 380888View attachment 380887View attachment 380886View attachment 380885View attachment 380884View attachment 380883

Under 19 has same tactic. Manager is Samaden (ex inter youth develop)

View attachment 380882

Pretty similar to my team and i got noob youngsters. Just 2-3 are good, rest are ****. The best are loaned out.

Time to get to what really interested me in playing. Tours/financial feeder club and how much revenue can be generated through merchandising abroad.

End of season, beginning of WC. I got just 1 defeat and 1 draw in international friendlies (dunno why it was set for the assistant to manage friendlies).

16 goals received in a full campaign with over 100 scored. Just 3 goals in all CL matches lol. Defence looks rock solid, interceptions are made mostly before getting any way closer to the box.

Messi has !!!! 74 goals

View attachment 587569View attachment 587572View attachment 587574View attachment 587575View attachment 587577View attachment 587580

Under 19 has same tactic. Manager is Samaden (ex inter youth develop)

View attachment 587582

Pretty similar to my team and i got noob youngsters. Just 2-3 are good, rest are ****. The best are loaned out.

Time to get to what really interested me in playing. Tours/financial feeder club and how much revenue can be generated through merchandising abroad.

holy ****. thats unbelievable! congrats mate! although i fear that this tactic only works for big teams