Pepe Reina 'considers Liverpool future

R1cky, you've made your point, which is incorrect. Don't change the subject, or try blindly defending your incorrect point.

R1cky, you've made your point, which is incorrect. Don't change the subject, or try blindly defending your incorrect point.

Wow. Somebody ELSE picks out a spelling error, and you accuse ME of changing subject?

^^)

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Actually it is because Valdez is not even spains number 3.

Valdes*

Remember.. The spelling is vital, apparently.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

It's not incorrect, because my view that Reina is nowhere near world-clas standard is my own opinion. So how can that be incorrect?

Valdes*

Remember.. The spelling is vital, apparently.

Christ, you're dumber than I thought. He was taking the **** out of your spelling implying that in fact, 'Valdez' is not Spanish, 'Valdes', however, is.

If you need me to explain in simple words please let me know.

The same Reina that cannot get a look in regarding the Spanish national side?

Reina is a good keeper, at best. Nowhere near being of world-class standard.
Are you a complete moron? Apart from the others telling you the spain keeper order, with de gea nowhere near.. consider the best french player of the year, Nasri, not making the france world cup squad.

Also how many times has Valdes played behind a defense of johnson - kyriakgos (sp?) - skrtel - konchesky? He has 4 ******* world class defenders infront of him ffs (well, excluding abidal). What a stupid and completely biased comparison.

It's not incorrect, because my view that Reina is nowhere near world-clas standard is my own opinion. So how can that be incorrect?
You can't just claim "it's my opinion, i'm right", because that makes you a blind fool. It was the same in another thread when someone claimed Pedro is **** or something similar. You can't argue with the stats.

Teenagers name-calling..

Can't be bothered replying now, you lose a debate so resort to throwing names like 'dumber' and 'moron' about.

If you can't take the debate, don't join in.

United fans even say he's the best in the league, and he's better then Valdes.. UNITED FANS!!

Nuff said.

wtf, he was Spain's second choice keeper throughout the world cup.

Reina has played for Spain 21 times and has been in the national set up 5 years.
Casillas has played for Spain 116 times and has been in the national set up 10 years
Valdes has played for Spain 3 times and has been in the national set up 1 year.

Please explain to me in any way, how this makes Reina 3rd/4th choice.

Teenagers name-calling..

Can't be bothered replying now, you lose a debate so resort to throwing names like 'dumber' and 'moron' about.

Actually I made my point, as quoted above for you. Yet you fail to respond.

Pretty sure that makes you the loser of the debate?

Teenagers name-calling..

In your last 5 posts you've dodged the actual "debate" and chose to reply about name calling (bit sensitive are we?) or spelling. Who gives a ****. Fact is you're no longer arguing your point, my guess is because you can't.

It really annoys people when you waltz in with the most ridiculous biased comment and dig a hole further. That's why the majority of the time football is a pointless topic to discuss among fans, since not many people look at the bigger picture. (though this forum is actually an exception most of the time)

When have you ever seen Valdes play with a awful defense in front of him?
He has Pique and Puyol in front of him all the time.

You can't really say things like this without having proof.
You have seen Reina play with an awful defense in front of him (Skrtel, first half of this season) and he's been amazing.

Except that Barca play extremely attacking football, and we could make the same argument for any top keeper.

Valdes is one of the most underrated players in the world. He is a phenomenal keeper. I watched a lot of Barca last season and he is an amazing shot-stopper and rarely has a bad game. I personally think he's better than Reina but I don't watch Reina that much so my opinion isn't too valid. A lot of people would agree with me though and it seems that almost everyone in the thread that says Reina is better are Liverpool fans, and let's keep in mind that this is an English forum. I'm pretty sure that in Spain Valdes is more highly regarded. Just my opinion though.

Teenagers name-calling..

I'd love to see you debating if that's what you call winning an argument...

Except that Barca play extremely attacking football, and we could make the same argument for any top keeper.

Valdes is one of the most underrated players in the world. He is a phenomenal keeper. I watched a lot of Barca last season and he is an amazing shot-stopper and rarely has a bad game. I personally think he's better than Reina but I don't watch Reina that much so my opinion isn't too valid. A lot of people would agree with me though and it seems that almost everyone in the thread that says Reina is better are Liverpool fans, and let's keep in mind that this is an English forum. I'm pretty sure that in Spain Valdes is more highly regarded. Just my opinion though.

A very true point.. But I imagine most that are debating this only ever see Valdes on itv in Champions League matches lol

I haven't really seen anyone underate valdes. I think that assumption comes from the fact he's playing amongst a team of world class players who get the headlines. He's pretty recognized as a world class keeper by any knowledgable person.

Though them playing attacking football doesn't really stand up. Pique and puyol are always back (and if pique is on a run, he's covered). Busquets is a third CB practically. Abidal is quite defensive minded being a natural CB and Barca mostly have the ball anyway. Possession = less shots from the other team.

For me reina is better since he's proved it numerous times with a **** defense. Imagine where we'd be this season without him.

See what youtube can do?
He obviously only watches youtube. He made the odd error this season, and he was quite error prone when we first signed him. But in the 2 years before this season, I can't remember him making a single mistake. Id love ricky to prove me wrong though.

Last edited:
A very true point.. But I imagine most that are debating this only ever see Valdes on itv in Champions League matches lol

Nope, I watch Barca most Saturday nights on Sky, and Reina > Valdes.

Heskey scoring a wonder goal.​

See what youtube can do?​

I see you've still failed to respond to my original point.​

I don't argue with teenagers who start name calling on forums mate.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

Teenagers name-calling..

Firstly, Aup Troll, how's the trollin' going?

secondly, how are Alex etc losing the debate, when for the past 5 pages, you've dodged every comment they've made, think that means you've lost the debate?

forgive me if i don't know how to debate properly though...

oO)