Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
be better if you posted something for me to get an idea of garry mate, At minute, like i said, dodgy internet connection, if i try upload owt i'll probably get disconnected.

ah kk i get what you saying

ill get going try be as quick as i can.

fair do's! thanks mate.
Aye he's ineligible for my next match as its Euro cup and i didnt select him, i had to drop a player for a player trained in england and i decided it to be him.

I will regret that.. and already do.
What i didnt realise was;
4 of my key players are suspended from this match..
2 of them are injured!

having to bring a reserve left back in until i snap up someone... Juan Manuel Vargas looks likely at about 9M i reckon, we'll see!

Ahh thats not good, who is the match against? Yeah I will be putting another bid in for him come 09 transfer window without a doubt, he's young and has fantastic stats.

Imagine having him and Srna in your squad, ****** **** you'd get tonnes of assists from them both.

Last edited:
I'm playing grasshopper.. Smashing them 2-0 at half time...

update: nah they've scored two back. But its only 1st leg and it was away so technically i'm winning at the moment on away goals.

We'll see what the rest of the match ends up like..
Oh, i retrained owen to play an AMC role and, HAHA, it works like a charm you know? Owen running at the keeper.. the keeper panics and comes out, owen either runs around goalie or squares it to torres, and bam. :D

Grasshopper haha you should hammer them at Anfield. And yeah I saw that from your screenshot before that he was AM/FC! I've got Matias Fernandez playing as AMC for me at the moment and he's playing fantastically and I've got no need for another Striker at the moment so Owen can stay at Newcastle :P

Just starting a match against Sunderland, Arsenal beat me 2-1 which is annoying but hey, it was a good match and it was at the Emirates.:P

sorry if i took ages.

btw i dont play senna at 'DMC' i play him as 'MC' right next to fabregas.

these player instructions are built carefully to my arsenal team and was carefully put out and thought out correctly to the players around him so it would probs only work for me so its up to you to tweak them or you can use it to give you an idea.

where it says 'zonal' on senna's PI you should only change that to the big games where you man mark whoever(ronaldo, lampard, gerrard, fabregas).

the one of the left is senna and the right is fabregas(which looks rathr simple)

Last edited:
haha, makes sense.
But aye, Owen's on and off the pitch for me, he's a good player but he's not exceptional.

Torres and Bojan
With gerrard and Senna(or Mascherano)

Arshivan on the left and Kuyt on the right

hopefully Vargas too... as wingback...

This is gonna get interesting!

Looking pretty **** hot this year

---

Aye, well at minute i got this

------Bojan-----^---Torres---
^---------------^------------^
^-------------Gerrard---------^
^-----------------------------^
Arshavin------Senna---------Kuyt

Dosenna-Carceras-Carrager-Arbeloa

----------------Reina-----------

If that makes ANY sense to you whatsoever..

Senna is on his own, but sometimes i'll move gerrard back into MC with senna, OR bring gerrard off and play mascherano in that position (or bring senna off)
i've got lots to choose from at the minute with, Aimar and Enoh new midfielders i've picked up, aswell as Owen being able to play an AMC if needed...
I've got lots of depth to my midfield now, but im lacking in good quality defenders.

anyway i've taken your senna advice and im gonna tweak it about abit

Last edited:
if you want to copy it then fine but i will 100% guarantee it wouldnt work for you.

i just hope i gave you an idea or something.

i'm not copying it directly.. again, im just gonna have a look at see what i can do in my own team. but the rough idea is generally what i reckon i'll play him like...
:)
i just dont think he does well out there on his own, my style of play is more attacking with wingers and AMC, less time for defense in the midfield, which is why i rely on solid fullbacks and need to get ahold of a new one, and a new winger, fast :D

I'm going to go now guys so will speak to you tomorrow. Sunderland held me to a draw; 2-2, we gave away stupid goals but got 2 back, 1 thanks to Veloso who scored on his debut, and I did tweak the formation so I guess I've myself to blame for that.

i'm not copying it directly.. again, im just gonna have a look at see what i can do in my own team. but the rough idea is generally what i reckon i'll play him like...
:)
i just dont think he does well out there on his own, my style of play is more attacking with wingers and AMC, less time for defense in the midfield, which is why i rely on solid fullbacks and need to get ahold of a new one, and a new winger, fast :D

guardado is a quality winger so is mata

good to hear ive gave you a idea, just look around your squad and build your tactics/formations towards them.

my style is attacking just that senna is my driving force whenever he doesnt play or he doesnt play good im kind of hopeless because i havent got a player like him in my team.

cya craig.

I understand what you mean Gary, Fortunately i can play him or Mascherano (who usually perfoms top to be honest) and gerrard, which just push the defenders to the limit.
They score some cracking goals between them. And Torres just plucks goals from nowhere, it's insane.
I'm planning on taking the cup this year, no holding back.

Night craig mate. Come back 2moro we'll continue our chat ;) See how well you're doing and what new players you've signed!

I understand what you mean Gary, Fortunately i can play him or Mascherano (who usually perfoms top to be honest) and gerrard, which just push the defenders to the limit.
They score some cracking goals between them. And Torres just plucks goals from nowhere, it's insane.
I'm planning on taking the cup this year, no holding back.

Night craig mate. Come back 2moro we'll continue our chat ;) See how well you're doing and what new players you've signed!

i see.

if gerrard and Mascherano play top quality then i wouldnt play senna to be honest it just put your head into two minds and you dunno what to do.

its just getting the balance spot on, Having too many attacking players who are willing to get foward whenever possible will leave you hopeless or play too defensive your team are going to be on the back foot and your defenders are more prone to making costly mistakes under immense pressure.

when you get the players and tactic spot on your unstoppable tbh.

aye it's just down to finding those tactics!
I'm going to try playing senna on the right (dunno if he can play there on yours, i may have retrained him) instead of Kyut and perhaps try to work down the centre instead of field, using senna as some form of defence against opposing wingers.

If he fails at that, then it might be time for him to move on to another club, somewhere that he might fit in more!
--

i've managed to grab Vargas for a costly 12.5M
Which is abit expensive, but i've got the money to throw around so why not?
Think it's my bed time now. My next game is chelsea, so i'll play them before i go to bed. I'll let you know the result!!
Just gotta plan some kind of tactic for containing lampard, essien AND drogba now! ****** ****.
Well aye, i've bought a fair few players during this transfer window! I think it's time to sell a few. Depending on owens next 4 performances, i might end up selling him.
Same goes for senna!

Last edited:
I went out before but FM is started up again so back I go to FM! I hope the results i'm getting in my friendlies are going to reflect on the results in the prem, but we'll see, I've still got a few signing to make yet, need another AMR.

Here's your proof mate, you can sell anyone when you've got Man City in your game! And by the way, the one on the left is the game i'm playing now and the one on the right is the game I got sacked later on from!

That NEVER happens on any of my games. City always buy really well (Srna, Zhirkov etc). The only player they had off me was Itjande for about 900K. The only massive offer I had for any player was £27-28m for Mascherano from Inter

That NEVER happens on any of my games. City always buy really well (Srna, Zhirkov etc). The only player they had off me was Itjande for about 900K. The only massive offer I had for any player was £27-28m for Mascherano from Inter

man city are clueless on game tbh. They sign like 7 players - srna, zhirkov, hamsik, gago, obasi and some others

but they are soo rubbish! its unbelievable so easy to beat.

Ouch I hope you didn't accept it as you do know you only get 20% of the sale!

no way, was thinking about it and then saw that I only get 20%. And promptly told Inter where to go ha!

on my man city one i have gone for a team of crack youngsters. I recomend igor akinfeev, oscar(sau paulo in brazil) zapata, matias fernandez(great player in AM scores load and sets up loads) and miguel veloso.

They all round the 13M mark and you should have no problem getting them with liverpool

Hey guys, what about a right winger/wingback?
I've got about 15M to spend so :)

Back