Pokemon..

• Thread starter Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 86K
Yes, all models come with WiFi.

The original model and DS Lite include the ability to play GBA games as well, whereas the DSi and DSi XL don't have that feature, but boast a number of other things including a larger screen.

Your call.

A basic DS lite does the job really.

Got my Alakazam up to level 35 now, he's pretty strong but his HP level is about 87 which is a bit low. Also my Umbreon and Ditto had 3 eggs in about 20 minutes earlier lol.

That isn't the case. The only effect that remaining at base level has is learning abilities earlier on. When a Pokémon evolves, their abilities change to reflect their final stage.

So if you evolve a Cyndaquil at level 30, that Quilava will have the same stats as it would have, at level 30, if you evolved it at level 14???

This sucks. I beat the Elite 4 last night so I decided to start again with a different angle, got 3 and a half hours into my new game, tried to save it and it wouldn't let me!! :@ Apparently I have to delete my save at the title screen before I can make a new save. Frustration!!

So if you evolve a Cyndaquil at level 30, that Quilava will have the same stats as it would have, at level 30, if you evolved it at level 14???

This sucks. I beat the Elite 4 last night so I decided to start again with a different angle, got 3 and a half hours into my new game, tried to save it and it wouldn't let me!! :@ Apparently I have to delete my save at the title screen before I can make a new save. Frustration!!
Did you not go and do the Kanto region? :O That's like the best part in my opinion.

Got my Alakazam up to level 35 now, he's pretty strong but his HP level is about 87 which is a bit low. Also my Umbreon and Ditto had 3 eggs in about 20 minutes earlier lol.

Yeah, I have a DS lite and it's fine...

Yeah, Alakazam's, HP is low, but you don't really need it due to his speed and Spec. Attack. I always use Reflect and Light Screen (leanrs Reflect at level 28 and you to buy Light Screen from the big Mart thing in Golden Rod - TM 16) at the start of more difficult battles to minimize the damage taken, and then I always have Recover and Psychic as his other two moves.

My Kadabra has a very low HP poor as well. Ampharos however, is a beast with 110+ HP at level 32-33. ^^)

Stats vary between Pokémon. I could catch five level 10 Rattata, for example, and each of them is likely to have different stats.

My point is that evolving them late doesn't mean they 'hold out' on potential stat gains. It just means they learn moves earlier on. When they do eventually evolve, they gain the improvements on their stats all at once.

Did you not go and do the Kanto region? :O That's like the best part in my opinion.

Nah... I'm gonna this time though. :)

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Stats vary between Pokémon. I could catch five level 10 Rattata, for example, and each of them is likely to have different stats.

My point is that evolving them late doesn't mean they 'hold out' on potential stat gains. It just means they learn moves earlier on. When they do eventually evolve, they gain the improvements on their stats all at once.

Yeh, I know that part. :) I was talking as if it was the same Cyndaquil.

I am trying to catch Mewtwo atm, without using my masterball, I wanna save it. dunno why.

Anyway its pretty annoying! :(

Yeh, I know that part. :) I was talking as if it was the same Cyndaquil.

Alright. (A)

I've evolved most of my team now anyway. Feraligatr, Ampharos, Kadaba and Weepingbell. I plan to evolve the latter two once they learn the moves I want, as well.

As for Pidgey and Growlithe... they will be late-bloomers. :D I am aiming for level 48 with Growlithe before I change him into the awesome Arcanine.

Does anybody use the moves such as Growl etc.? Or any moves that do not do damage but increase/decrease a certain spec?

Does anybody use the moves such as Growl etc.? Or any moves that do not do damage but increase/decrease a certain spec?

I don't. Prefer to spank the other team while they use them! ;)

If I'm getting owned I will, to like lower their attack so I can heal a bit, or lower their defence so I can try and own them back.

Prefer to batter them though.

& Billy, yeah Ampharos is beast :)

Damnit, all of this is making me want to re-buy a ds....

I just found a moon stone, and I think that evolves Jiggleypuff, I might be wrong? But at the minute it is level 13, what level should I get it to before evolving? As in will it not be able to learn good moves if I evolve it?

Damnit, all of this is making me want to re-buy a ds....

Same mate, I'm considering trading in my Xbox games for one..

I'm in Ecruteak Town now, and am levelling up my team before I fight Morty. I currently have the following:

Level 26 Totodile
Level 26 Kadabra
Level 24 Pidgey
Level 24 Bellsprout
Level 24 Onix
Level 24 Mareep

As you can see, I've only evolved Kadabra, as I'm leaving them at their base level to learn their abilities earlier on. Abra only has one move, so I had to evolve it into Kadabra to learn some offensive ones.

I'm interested in doing some trading soon. I need to evolve my Kadabra and Haunter. I can also supply a Growlithe for those interested in exchange for a Vulpix.

I have a Vulpix level 29, and can level up if you want?

Is anyone here interested in trading me a Dragonair/high level Dratini for something? I'm thinking of getting one just before I fight the 8th gym, so I can use it there and at the Elite Four at a high level too :)

Just to be clear, I'll give you something for your Dragonair/high level Dratini, not the other way around :$

I've never once gotten a Dragonite myself. I might actually do it this time around. :)

Foxy, I only have a level 14 Growlithe for trade. I'm keeping hold of my main 35+ one as he is a key part of my team now.

Is anyone here interested in trading me a Dragonair/high level Dratini for something? I'm thinking of getting one just before I fight the 8th gym, so I can use it there and at the Elite Four at a high level too :)

Just to be clear, I'll give you something for your Dragonair/high level Dratini, not the other way around :$

I would if I could connect to the internet on my DS lite, I need to sort out my routers security settings 1st, I could get you a lvl 40 one from that dragon cave using my super rod, thats how I got mine, what would you want to trade for it?

Back