Pokemon..

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 85K
I can't stand playing with sound tbh.

I have to admit, I am not as into this one as I was when the last ones came out.

Worth buying? Still can't make up my mind.

I am jamming Pokemon Fire Red :) started last night :) played Red, Blue and Yellow back in the day, I do not like the new age pokemon... I like the original ones like Raichu, Blastoise, Snorlax etc :) thats why I love Pokemon, not these new age ones that are like all 5 classes mixed into one that can psy, fire, water attack in one :)

got a lvl 22 Wartortle, 17 Mankey, then other ****** ones I have caught, Nidoran, Geodude and the likes :)

Gawd, I miss these games! Nintendo aside, I once got a shiny Charizard in a packet of cards and had the full fossil set.. Was worth a bomb but I lost them ALL! Uber gutted I was.. Must have been 12+ years ago though, outgrown them now.

It seems quite easy to me so far. I've just got my 5th gym badge and I only use 1 Pokemon to battle with. In the past I have always built up a strong squad of Pokemon but on Pokemon White the only pokemon I have used, apart from in double battles, has been my Tepig (now Emboar).

I haven't came up against a water gym yet though so by then I may need to catch and train another decent Pokemon to do that part.

It seems quite easy to me so far. I've just got my 5th gym badge and I only use 1 Pokemon to battle with. In the past I have always built up a strong squad of Pokemon but on Pokemon White the only pokemon I have used, apart from in double battles, has been my Tepig (now Emboar).

I haven't came up against a water gym yet though so by then I may need to catch and train another decent Pokemon to do that part.

Seriously, it is easy till you get to Pokemon League then its next to impossible unless you have a varied team, I had 2 fighting 2 fire and 2 Water, And even when there all level 50, or there abouts, I can't win, my advice, get a Psychic pokemon

I remember using Charmander back in the day on Red. Brock's Rock pokemon followed by Misty's Starmie et al was devastating! It was tough as **** for a 10 year old Chaz!

Oddly, you should be alright, as the only gyms left are flying, ice and dragon.

Strangely i've just got my 5th badge too, and all the pokemon i really want for my team are on route 6 onwards, so I have 6 pokemon around level 31-32, but only want to keep two of them atm.

I finished pkmn white yesterday. Joy oh joy. And for elite 4, **** psychic, get Scrafty and some dragon, my advice Haxorus. About last gym leader, buy Blizzard and Hail ( when you use hail blizzard cant miss 8-| ) . You should catch some legendary from Pinwheel Forest too :)

i this a DS rom or dsi? (is there a difference :s)

plus where do you get a good emulator from please? i've got desmume v0.9.7 and i cant open the start menu on pokemon black no matter what & i've even fiddled with the configuration

I use desmume 0.9.6 and it works for me do you have the rom in the same folder as desmume? If it still doesn't work try downloading this and putting it in the same folder not sure if you need the original for the patched one to work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ukihf9qbzgv3ux

I used to play a lot when i had a gameboy, also used emulators to play time to time. For older versions, I always got Abra. Kadabra was the strongest pokemon you could get in the game.(pokemon red). I also remember that I was able to caught all 3 legendary birds (Moltres, Zapdos, Artiquino) in gameboy but since I had used master ball for Artuquino i couldnt catch Mewtwo! He basically raped all my pokemons hahaha.
Goos old days..

Just got to the town with the final Gym. Dragon-type I hear it is. I've only really trained 4 out of the 6 in my party, the other 2 are just HM slaves.

My team so far:

Samurott lvl.45
Darmanitan lvl.45
Sawk lvl.45
Eelektross lvl.45 (Beast)

After I beat this guy I'll be looking to get that three-headed dragon Pokemon before I go to the Pokemon League. Can't remember it's name, look epic though.

Just beat Lance to beat the Pokemon league. I enjoyed reliving the memories, now just gotta rape Khanto. My team:
Ampharos lvl 45
Vaporeon lvl 46
Sudowoodo lvl 46
Alakazam lvl 46
Pidgeot lvl 45
Typhlosion lvl 46

Just beat Lance to beat the Pokemon league. I enjoyed reliving the memories, now just gotta rape Khanto. My team:
Ampharos lvl 45
Vaporeon lvl 46
Sudowoodo lvl 46
Alakazam lvl 46
Pidgeot lvl 45
Typhlosion lvl 46

That is a pretty beast team, Kanto is as good as raped ;)

just beat lance to beat the pokemon league. I enjoyed reliving the memories, now just gotta rape khanto. My team:
Ampharos lvl 45
vaporeon lvl 46
sudowoodo lvl 46
alakazam lvl 46
pidgeot lvl 45
typhlosion lvl 46

slowpoke? :'(

That is a pretty beast team, Kanto is as good as raped ;)

haha in honour of the first game I will be doing the gyms in the order they were in that. i.e Pewter first. had to train up a fair bit in victory road cave to be able to take down Lance's 3 dragonites :S I thought he had 1 and then 2 dragonairs
slowpoke? :'(

too slow :p I never really came across one and then when I got evee I spammed playing the pokeathlon to get a water stone ;)

I still can't beat even the first pokemon on the elite 4, Psychic is the task, any tips? Pokemon White btw

is pokemon white actually worth buying? all these kernal updates for r4 make me :s.