Portsmouth F.C - The Rebuilding Job

Who to be!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On last years game I got back to back promotions too with Pompey, but when I got to the championship I got given no money at all and my squad was wank. Left in October. Starts getting depressing watching Rotherham destroy my side...

On last years game I got back to back promotions too with Pompey, but when I got to the championship I got given no money at all and my squad was wank. Left in October. Starts getting depressing watching Rotherham destroy my side...

tell me about it mate I only did alright thanks to relying on loans!

View attachment 210216

View attachment 986749
View attachment 210214

View attachment 210215

Well it was alright I suppose mixed results but in fairness southampton and Leicester are both newly relegated teams so no shame in losing to them.

Weve got a preferred 11 going on now which is annoying various members of the squad who arent in it I currently have 4 unhappy players...

Not great Dan Crowley is still kicking *** 17 apps avg rating 7.45 Tony watt and Carlton Morris doing a ok job upfront 13 goals between them across 28 games nearly 1 in 2 not too shabby

Jay Dasilva the chelsea kid is also doing well which is part of the problem my best players are loanee players so next year is going to be tricky but we'll deal with that when we get there!

9th in the league, board are still delighted and they are going to expand stadium, improve training and youth facilities which is great!

Oh I also had another upgrade in staff during pre-season new assistant manager and head of youth development and added another goalkeeping coach my coaching team is now the best in division for everything bar fitness and man management!

Roll on November :)

View attachment 210200

View attachment 986768
View attachment 210199

Another steady if unspectacular month, lets see Delac and Norwood both got international call ups! proud of them lol erm adam may broke his foot which is annoying he's still young and he will only be out for 4 months so we should be alright.

Results are ok weve been hanging on a lot of times especially agaisnt newcastle Delac was a rock!

Davide Faraoni deserves praise my RB hes doing really well bursting forward helps the lack of width we are 10th in the league 7 wins 6 draws 5 losses which aint bad at all still got players moaning about lack of playing time and Bealouane who I got from palace highly recommended on 17k a week is utter rubbish need to get rid have to do it in january tho methinks bournemouth job is available...

Good job! Enjoying reading this.I would like see you take portshmouth to BPL but if your next season budget is ****** then I would like see you another team :D

Good job! Enjoying reading this.I would like see you take portshmouth to BPL but if your next season budget is ****** then I would like see you another team :D

haha cheers and noted would you believe that im not that highly coveted? noone wants me! I put my initial reputation as semi-professional and they've been put off so far!

More motivation to focus on portsmouth

View attachment 210079

View attachment 986904

View attachment 210066

View attachment 210077
View attachment 210074

Yea this was bad really bad horrible sucks any other synonyms you can think of.

I dont even know where to begin

Lets start with wigan lost 2 -1 50-50 possession I had 20 shots to their 8 I dont know how we lost but we did...

Leyton orient this was ARGH! :p lost 4-3 had 25 shots to their 10 53% possesion oh yea heres the kicker just remembered so its 3-3 maybe 75mins were all over them shot after shot chance after chance only a matter of time corner comes in gets cleared to their midfield who plays a long flat ball now he over hit it so the keeper comes out say 18 yard box and my defender has also been chasing it... Delac hits it as hard as he can right in the guys face he gets knocked out picks up a gashed head o.g game over...

Brentford and Charlton were just far superior in fairness however with 2 wins out of the last 3 perhaps out luck has turned resorted back to a 4-1-2-1-2 to be honest im going back to wingers next year works better I feel.

Players so despite the mediocaracty throughout my right back is doing well Faraoni and pearson in a decent run Crowley form has dropped off a bit but hes still miles ahead of everyone else sold Benalouane 17k and his performances were just awful wasnt making my 1st XI

Finally Norwood 27 usually starts avg rating 6.94 non negotiable bid has come in from huddersfield who are 3rd were 13th 33 points not that bad in fairness the bid is 525k upfront rising to 875k?

decisions decisions either way I need a new centre back

View attachment 209974
View attachment 987022

Portsmouth Vs Ipswich 3rd Round

View attachment 209973
This would be great for us financially if we can win and I haven't done that well in cups so far so for me too it would be nice to win it haha

2mins 1-0 down... or you know theres always the league

3mins corner to them off the line oh heck

25mins in they've had 8 shots to our 1 and they have 56% possession change of style methinks

28mins they sure forwards high float cross oh for **** 2-0

46mins 3-0...

4-0 im off to scream now

well that went well 4-0 ft

View attachment 209935

View attachment 987067
View attachment 209934

View attachment 209933

View attachment 209932

So Out goes Benaolouave however u spell it in comes morrison see above a tad slow but a solid CB on nearly half his predecessors wages and with £0 upfront and £100k if he gets to 50 apps a safe bet

Form has been as u expect from a mid table side other than the disappointing humiliation from Ipswich

only real news is that ive been sticking with the 4-1-2-1-2 and adam le fondre has starting scoring again which is nice

were in 12th atm and im classed as untouchable altho to be honest I dont feel it I mean I know technically we are doing really well for our budget but still meh mid table teams are really boring I need more money to get them into the prem!

any Q's/ I would like to see feel free to post :)

Last edited:
View attachment 209918

View attachment 987094
View attachment 209917

We Cant seem to find any consistency in results suppose it makes sense given our quality.

So ben may is coming back from a broken foot which is nice, in terms of matches often were getting the goals early and conceding late which is annoying ti htink our concentration is poor or maybe fitness might look at that during training

Tony watt is the man in form this month scoring a hattrick agaisnt sheff wed altho in fairness they are bottom

weve fallen to 14th but still fairly tight my aim is still top 12 and to beat 63 points which we go last season :)

View attachment 209901

View attachment 987114

View attachment 209900

View attachment 209899

I dont know what to do everything Ive try isnt coming off we can score we just cant defend for the life of us time after time we concede and its costing us ive gone from untouchable to secure the players morale is low and they even brought me in to a team meeting saying they felt I was underachieving were now 20th 44 points 7 games left 9 points clear of the relegation zone we should be ok in that regard but this month has just been a disaster dasilva got suspended and injured as did crowley and despite the goals we just cant defend even with a new tactic of highly structured defensive football we cant defend might be time to give all in and the end of the season...

Ouch mate - March looks like it hurt!!

Are you able to post a screenie of the table?

View attachment 209806

View attachment 987215

View attachment 209804

View attachment 209805

View attachment 209803

Well there we have it the end of the season it which has turned ugly and sour to say the least. I still cant really understand it everything was going ok results were mixed but we in around 12th for the majority of the season but key injuries/suspensions to may and jay da silva really hurt us and as a result I tried tightening up the defence but the defence is so poor all it did was stifle my attacking options and allow even more goals in!

While it's a step backwards from last year, ultimately we have survived which all what really counts I've relied less on loan players and with a transfer budget fingers crossed I can get out of this forsaken league!

View attachment 209802

Not sure I really agree with that to be honest I dont see how duckworth is ahead of faranoi who was class for us and also rodriguez isnt starting! :p

So no money Zilch not a dime not even more wages...

And the new plans for training facilities have been scrapped

and so have the youth facilities

and so has the plans to expand the stadium

and so has my positive outlook on life ^^

So No money, 4 players on loan 3 of which are my best players what the **** do I do now?

View attachment 209801

Morale is mixed... we had some decent players & performances it all just slipped away in some respects it doesn't even matter too much I doubt financially there's a massive difference between say 14th and 20th
all though it is really depressing

it might be time for a new adventure

sorry went too far ahead to do it off march hopefully the latter post is sufficient!

Tis all good mate! Stick with them - if you can get them back into the Prem you'll have no money problems then!! I find the best saves are the ones where you have to go through some real adversity as it makes the success all the sweeter!

Tis all good mate! Stick with them - if you can get them back into the Prem you'll have no money problems then!! I find the best saves are the ones where you have to go through some real adversity as it makes the success all the sweeter!

You will like my next post :)

Back