Who to be!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 211016

View attachment 985634

View attachment 211015

View attachment 211014

View attachment 211013

Parking the Bus :p Another decent month Declan Rudd my GK has been solid as a rock in goal and given our lowish scoring record its a blessing given his poor start of the club its welcome news and got that monkey off my back he's even got interest from crystal palce!

This tactic is working... but I do fear teams are going to find us out our individual performances are so poor only together staying do we have any kind of chance of staying up oh and rodriguez signed for st etienne and is available for loan ;) and Bielik who we loaned last year from arsenal who was awesome for us signed for stoke!

AND eddie howe is england manager how crazy is that! tbf i take him over hodgson :P

I stopped reading after you beat Southampton! :P just kidding. Amazing work my friend, I had no idea anybody could do so well with the Skates.

View attachment 211002

View attachment 985664View attachment 210999

View attachment 210998

1373469687_cultures-escape-bulgaria-gandalf-you-shall-not-pass.jpg

That pretty much sums up the idea behind this year however recently weve been more like this...

you-shall-not-pass.jpg

Not quite as effective :p what can I say we have the 2nd lowest wage bill and had no money to spend doing our best! we had an awful run so the last 4/5 games I have actually been a bit more brave gone to counter and flexible and tried to play a bit more like last year its gotten a few more points hopefully I can bring in Rodriguez and all **** will break lose!

In terms of players Dan Crowley, Declan Rudd and Pompey man Ben Close have been carrying the team so ...

21666090.jpg

While my defence is so bad it makes me want to gauge my eyes out :p

We are currently 19th 25 games gone with 28 points

3 teams go down Southend on 10 points so there already gone
Crystal Palace!!! who just fired mancini! WHAT! on 22 points
and forrest on 25 so its really tight at the bottom

View attachment 210995

Dont often do one matches but two days after our last match had to rotate and im delighted we pulled this out the bag i used my target man who has been poor upfront with another striker and it totally worked I feel like mike basset atm tho :p

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

View attachment 210948

View attachment 985812Line up: Rudd Beevers Burgess Huntington Duckworth Close Crowley Norwood Paganini Ainsworth Morris

So Middlesborough Vs Portsmouth 3rd round fa cup Apologies because I had this on key so cant reli rememeber the match too well because of lack of highlights but I played rather defensively again and we went 1-0 down in the 38minute things weren't looking good.

I kept the faith with the style but gave a team talk telling them to push forward

time went by

2 mins of extra time given and in 92:50...

[video=youtube;UXMVmkgF7c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXMVmkgF7c0[/video]

View attachment 210904

View attachment 985938View attachment 210903
View attachment 210889
View attachment 210888

So... turns out im amazing :p Plan A + Plan B = THE GREATEST TACTIC EVER!!

:p getting quite excited but in reality why the **** not so Declan Rudd who was so poor last year has turned into a demi god I dunno what it is but saves so many certain goals so much so burnley (prem) wanted him so had to give him a new contract but got rid of his release clause!

By the tactic im been starting with my plan A counter attacking fast football getting the goal and then using my plan B tactic defensive structure and its worked like a charm

Dan Crowley has been really good for us as has ben close and while my strikers are no rodriguez adam le fondre and carlton morris yea me neither norwich IRL
have got 17 goals between them not amazing but decent enough oh southampton are bottom, rodgers at reading :p

we are making an audacious attempt for the players were in 10th 51 points 4 points off the playoffs oh well in fairness they have a game in hand tbf we would get destroyed in the prem so probs for the best how have I not been approached by top clubs! my contracts still up at the end of the season :D

to top it all off is this the sickest goal u have seen in the champ?

<font size="4">[video=youtube;nk4nTPFNeys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk4nTPFNeys[/video]

outrageous
:D

View attachment 210731

View attachment 986133

View attachment 210730

View attachment 210729

View attachment 210728

Well here we are the end of season 3!

There wasn't an awful lot to play for be time march came along and the lads and to be honest my enthusiasm for this season dropped off. However we managed to secure a 14th place finish 8 places above our media prediction and bearing in my southend were just an embarrassment look at the wage bill

View attachment 210727

I mean I think thats pretty good considering :) So lets see my team what can I say Declan Rudd turned into an awesome shot stopper very impressive altho he did let in a few freak goals you know where there going to cross it and miraculously finds the back of the net seems to be a few of those on this year's fm.

Dan Crowley was a godsend he got a lot of assists 9 and had a big role to play with many of the others often making pass that lead to assists.

Adam Le FOndre became unhappy and didnt do paticularly great in the end Morris always started and especially in the end had a decent return 32apps 17goals is a solid rate.

And Lastly the only one of my original kids who look like they can have any real future here Ben Close consistent doesnt do anything amazing kind of your hard working run in the mill james milner type of character but tis great to see a club grown player in the starting line up week in week out. May and Haundstrup are also club grown...

We also have some decent youngsters coming through regen player called talbot is getting some serious interest had a £1m bd for him in janaury well rising to 1m but still!

my contract still runs out and if im honest I wouldnt mind going somewhere else my budget this year is only slightly bigger than last year and im going to need a whole new squad again I mean I have several on loan Roberts and White im cutting lose roberts has done well for us over the 3 years but he's 34 didnt really make the step up and thanks to a match highest wage clause... stupid mistake by me hes on too much money.

thanks for reading guys :)

original

View attachment 210432

View attachment 210431
Three's a Crowd four's a Ramble

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the football ramble My Names Marcus and Josh Steer is here!
Thats right Luke Pete and Jim are all away and we nearly cancelled today's show but then the always excellent Kelly wells had true to form an excellent idea What if we did an interview with Portsmouth Manager Josh Steer and He is here today but first

So firstly given your his young age I've asked what current players would make a good manager?

Now Ive gone with Ibrahimovic because he'll come in make it all about him He'll dub himself something like I am the best one! and just take all the media spotlight of the players and your not going to argue with Zlatan are you!

So I'm on my own so Ive got the points suck it Marcus!

"Anywa Ladies & Gentlemen Josh Steer is here! Hi Josh great to have you,"

"Hey, thanks great to be here love the show"

"So tell us you've got the job your 22 first management job you've got a dressing room filled with players most of who are older how did you earn their respect?"

"Well to be honest it wasnt as much of an issue as you might think you know I mean by this point word had gotten out that well nobody had heard of me but a 22 year old had the job and while I did hear a few sniggerings and a there were so many puberty jokes behind my back ^^ but overall the lads were proffessional and as soon as they got that understood what I was talking about it was never that big of a deal I suppose though it was a friendlier less tense atmosphere especially to begin with and there were a few lets see what we can get a away with"

"so there was struggle to start with?"

"yea I suppose that's fair but obviously we had a lot of youngsters to begin with aswell so it wasnt that big of a deal I think in a lot of ways it helped me relate to the players which given I didnt play at any level helped"

"yea obviously your re-known for playing youngsters, embedding them into the team taking them under your wing etc"

"yea we had a lot of talented youngsters when I came all really hard working and rated highly by the staff so it was obvious to me really especially given the lack of depth in the squad to put them in the first team make them feel loved and try to really maximize their potential"

"Absolutely its always great to see especially as they were all english and am I right in thinking that Ben May is now captain club grown and was only playing league 2 football 3 years ago!"

"Yea, he's committed and a great player and obviously weve had recent success in promotions"

"yes two back to back promotions very impressive and now a respectable 14th place finish given that you were one of the favorites to go down and on such a low wage budget is outstanding"

"Well I cant take all the credit but yea we've done very well obviously the first year we were one of the favourites to get promoted while we didnt actually have a great squad which is partly why we saw so many of the youngsters playing but the fans and board really got behind that so even though we had a ok start it bought me a bit of time even when we dropped out of the playoffs I still had the backing of the board in a lot of respects we underachieved in the first year and I only avoided the sack thanks to attacking football, playing young players and of course managing promotion"

Im afraid we've run out of time great to have you Josh and hopefully we can finish off the rest of the interview soon!

Thanks sounds good :)

Last edited:
View attachment 210401

View attachment 986528

View attachment 210400

View attachment 210399

So End of the transfer window results were mixed...

So Declan Rudd My great GK has left :( everton came in he wanted to leave they tripled his in game value so I accepted Delac former chelsea player is his replacement... he's not as good :p but cheaper.

Gary Roberts, has retired for the best high wages was going to be let go anyway along with several rejects from last year Chris Dagnail and Aidan white in particular im pleased to get rid of

I did make a mistake I bought Pucini who was an AML and I missed the fact he didnt have a work permit... so I had to loan him out immediately as a result I didnt have enough wingers in the squad and I ran out of money so I sold my only winger left Ainsworth 400k at 30 years old quite pleased with that

So this year im playing 4-1-2-1-2 I only have three strikers sadly no rodriguez! WHO IS TRANSFER LISTED!!! bastards

but managed to secure Morris on loan again along with Dan Crawley, jay da Silva (didnt do that well last year but always performs well in training very young and highly rated by staff i also got Burgess on Loan this year i wanted less reliance on loans so im not going to get anyone else in on loan

Benaloune is my big name signing yea... let that sink in got him for 62k from crystal palace highly rated by staff however he is my new highest wage earner on 17k a week!

This year wage bill has gone up to 7m a year I think it was 18th lowest in the league also let duckworth go had to I liked him but he was poor last year and got two new right backs in so wasn't needed.

So bit of a risk with new formation but we shall see how it goes!

View attachment 210388

View attachment 986543

View attachment 210386

View attachment 210385

View attachment 210384

A pretty good start! undefeated, 4-1-2-1-2 new formation is doing alright for us mainly due to our midifield strength, which is a good thing with the formation helps to see more of them currently in 5th as you can see Jay da Silva has done much better been playing him as wing back to help the lack of width and he's relished the role :) Delac is ok in goal he's no rudd and freaking Benalouane has been poor and he's my top earner on 17k argh!

Still though its all bout this kid who just got a new contract for arsenal not surprised

View attachment 210382

View attachment 210292

View attachment 986656
Well our unbeaten run came to an end against Huddersfield shame :S cant blame the players this time though all my fault changed the tactic based on recommendation from staff and it was a disaster my plan A tactic (on counter) is doing the business however I have changed formation slightly my AMC hasnt done that well and given my strength in midfield im now playing an unusual 4-1-3-2 3 CM's but were doing alright got thrashed by LFC shame but destroyed Forrest and Beat Bolton comfortably 9 games in 4th in the league and I have a new goalscorer Tony Watt who I bought as my 3rd choice striker got him on a free from charlton and a cracking match against Forrest getting his hat-trick I don't really expect us to stay in the playoff positions this year so top 10 is my new aim for the season which would still be an impressive feat :)

Portsmouth-006.jpg

H6es8MIKK6TGAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:
View attachment 210285

View attachment 986664

View attachment 210283

Derby Day Lets do this!

We are definitely the underdogs but were going to give it our all we beat them last time we can do it again! Sorry SaintMotBot! :p

5mins in morris shot over close though

8mins very long ball by james (saints) must be 40 yards fine Aleix Vidal in the 6 yard box yea the former Barcelona guy! scores... 1-0 down

10mins Delac to my right back Faraoni up to crowley lovely long ball across the grass to morris hes one on one... GOAL!!! pegged back immediately 1-1 :) good strike aswell outside the box

15mins corner over by beevers

23mins: there corner crowley clears up to watt misses

34mins saints corner cleared away throw in ball comes in Vidal ... 2-1 why is he at the saints!

HT

62 mins may to morris ball in to WATTS! dam gr8 save

82mins Corner header... post! surely tap it in...! omg cleared grrrr

87mins morris awful awful shot what was he thinking!

91min: targett cuts inside to james goal near post poor keeping

3-1 FT :(

Back