Mario-f'n-Balotelli! How long does it take to SI to get that the guy is totally a lost cause, so that the player doesnt have to edit his insane attributes every year?! FM2020? ;)

Last edited:
Mario-f'n-Balotelli! How long does it take to SI to get that the guy is totally a lost cause, so that the player doesnt have to edit his insane attributes every year?! FM2020? ;)

I haven't checked, but I would assume some of his hidden attributes like Professionalism and Consistency are pretty ****. His Team Work and Work Rate are **** at least.

I haven't checked, but I would assume some of his hidden attributes like Professionalism and Consistency are pretty ****. His Team Work and Work Rate are **** at least.

But then his "Scoring against user's team" is 20 :D

is anyone else having real problems when it comes to creating chances, whatever tactic im using it seems really difficult

I'm finding this version of Football Manager terribly boring. I love attacking tactics and would rather win 4-3 than 1-0. Right now the game seem to be insanely overtuned towards the defensive part of things. Every save I play, and almost every screenshot I look at on different forums, even the top top teams struggle to score more than 2 a game on average.

I have no problems winning stuff. 4 Premiership and ECC titles in a row with my beloved Man Utd is nice and all, but it's so ****** boring atm. Even with world class players in every positions it seems impossible to beat 3 goals a game on average. Last version I'd be scoring 5-6 on average with these players.

I'm sure this version of FM is AMAZING for the people that love realistic and defensive tactics, but I'm already so bored I haven't played the game in over a week. For me FM has always been about fun first, not realism first. It seems they've hit the realism part right on the head with this one though. Which is probably exactly what they wanted.

Im ipswich and bless the board, they have just spent 54milllion on a new stadium, problem is that its smaller than the one we are at now!!!

Bring back "free" fining or the player ratings need to be much harsher. At the very least you should be able to fine players who's rating is under 6,8 (if the team loses). It really ****** me off that you dont have a proper way to vent your anger in-game. Instead I just end up destroying my mouse! A team meeting that isnt about hand holding but about the last game the players totally f'd up. Punishment training would be soooo great!

Bring back "free" fining or the player ratings need to be much harsher. At the very least you should be able to fine players who's rating is under 6,8 (if the team loses). It really ****** me off that you dont have a proper way to vent your anger in-game. Instead I just end up destroying my mouse! A team meeting that isnt about hand holding but about the last game the players totally f'd up. Punishment training would be soooo great!
6.7 is 'average' so if you fine your players for POOR performance when they have 6.8 ratings, you're really going to break your mouse because you'll have regular squad revolts.

Edit: That's exactly why it was removed.

Last edited:
6.7 is 'average' so if you fine your players for POOR performance when they have 6.8 ratings, you're really going to break your mouse because you'll have regular squad revolts.

Edit: That's exactly why it was removed.

I don't want to fine them for a poor performance as such. I want to fine them for "not playing up to the managers standards"! ;) So what if the squad revolts or I get the boot for fining? Surely it should be my choice as a player. I can always start a new game! SI keeps tying players hands more and more every year. It's pretty much the same way of playing every year now. Keep the morale high like you're running a daycare for children and play possession football.

By the way... It takes an a-hole like Mourinho about two seasons to turn the players against him. In FM it takes only a few bad team-talks... ;) :D

Every single cross results in a goal against me. My line is great head on but when its a cross they watch the ball reach the forward for the tap in EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!

Jsut had to reload 3 matches after start of season 2 as United. Valencia, Rojo, Shaw, Blindt, Peruzzi, Bastian, Rooney, Depay, Vardy, Mata All out for 3 weeks +. Got Herrera fresh back from injury, Jones just came back, but made 2nd season unplayable despite 4-0 vs West Ham, 0-0 vs Arsenal and 2-2 Vs Liverpool. I think 4Chan is hacking me ><
I have majore reserves against a few things in FM16 aswell. never seen the massive Penalty missing altho i never get many penalties....

First of all, i think the 3rd match engine is missleading wich leads to a LOT of frustration. How many times have you not seen the opponent midfield play aball to the left or right winger, only to have youre fullback run beisde the ball, ignore it the whole length and wait for the winger to pick it up? What about defenders just standing there when the ball is free and they are 2 inches away? goes a second and Enemy player picks it up.
And Goalies >< Powerfull Shoot inc, Goalie bends down and tries to pick it up like its a lose ball traveling at turtlespeed towards him.

And Corners... I think last season i had 1 goald direct from corner and then another 2-3 from rebounds, thats it. Have tried many different corner tactics, but i cant figure it out at all :/ Not asking for a cheat, but would be nice if my Centreback atleast a few times can connect with a cross and put it into the net,

And there is the issue with Players moaning DEFINETIVLY!
I offered Gaston Gil Romero a new contract, his agent wanted him to get 5 times the current pay so i negotiated only to have agent close the talk, then next promt on screen Gaston Demanded new contract, but now i could not negotiate, so i had to sell him, had no otehr choice as im not goign to have him moan for days spread the pleague in the dressingroom. Id love to give him a new contract but i didnet know his Agent was Greedy McGreed... sigh

Screen: View attachment 201218

Valencias Goal was a playthrough from Rooney 1v1 with goalie.
januzaj played a One-Two with Schweiny, came 1v1adn put a screamer in the corner.
Skrtel Owngoal <3 (high ball towards Skrtel should be CCC :D )
Last one was Rooney from penalty area recivign a pass dragging it right and powering it into the goal.

What is a CCC?

Last edited:
Since the new patch my game has crashed all over the place, anytime 3D graphics are used there is a crash but at one point it was simply stuck on the loading screen with all the different languages. Just leaves me incredibly frustrated after having tried everything possible that helped when this happened in earlier versions.

I just can not defend.. No matter how much I try to change things it doesn't happen.. It's always cross header goal.. No matter whether I Mark him, Close him down, not put a man on him.. I am so close to just giving up because even after listening to people and how they work around it, it just doesn't happen!

For everyone complaining about "getting FM'ed", have a look at the stats from Dortmund's Europa League game yesterday:

View attachment 997388

Only 6 on target, poor! Purely going by stats it should have been a 2-0 (about 1 in 3 sot are converted and 1 in 10 shots, FMs actually surprisingly close). But naturally footie ain't a numbers game and there's always a match played in behind the stats. Not having watched this, assuming an underdog scoring an early lucky goal and then closing shop for good, successfully frustrating the favorite by keeping men behind the ball (with that bit of luck, chance being such a big part of football anyways).

Still the term of getting "FM'ed" actually was slightly justified. AI teams very readily would just sit back, when watching football how often do you see teams being considered the underdog in a match not making any of their wide backs advance an inch when in possession, sometimes for entire matches? It's like 5, 6 players always behind the ball, never out of position once. Technically, on FM, that would be defend duties all around.

jhZT6F1.jpg

As a result, they will never be caught out of shape when possession turns over, never once will one of their centre backs need to step out of position to close down a wide threat, never will their shape be borked up. In parts fueled by downloads, human tactics tend to be far more exposing no matter against whom. So no surprise there that the chances of the parking bus AI tend to be of better quality -- if they still come. In theory FM 2016 should see more of this, as the typically control high line aggressive closing down tactics have the d-line not retreating an inch even when the opposing ball carrier is already knocking at the half way line, the d-line reacts far more sensitive. Plus opportunity for through ball over the top is taken more readily. The "statistical" domination still shouldn't be that huge as parking bus teams are able to better hold onto the ball rather than aimlessly giving it away. But only time and players will yell. :D

Last edited: