Is anyone else seeing a high number of goals scored immediately after the second half starts, like within 20 seconds. This is on both sides too, in the last 20 matches I've played there have been 8 goals scored within 20 seconds of the restart. And I can remember this seeming like a problem before but when I stopped to count it, it seemed like an insanely high number. The splits are three for me and five for my opponents - one team just seems to be able to waltz through untouched by the others and score. Granted I'm playing in a poor level of football, Vanarama South, but this just seems to high to be true?

Anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug...or just a lack of concentration from bad players?

Love the game, being threatened with a mutiny 5-10 times a season when talks with players wanting first team football or to join a new club doesn't go well seems excessive though.

anyone else having trouble with fullbacks going walk about? completely leave mahooooosive space for wingers to run into and fire in a pin point cross that results in a goal?

I've got my fullbacks to stay in position and they constantly end up everywhere they don't need to be.

also my strikers can't finish the simple goals, inside the 6 yard box and they manage to hit the keeper. despite having massive open parts of the goal to aim for :(

The match engine is still so crappy wtf, marking and defensive positioning still not fixed after so many years... You can tell your defenders to mark tight/close down always but they would still sit back passively like dummies. This is ridiculous

Lost Hull 0-1 at home with an own goal at 1 min... My team tried 16 shots and 8 on target while Hull only got 3 shots and 0 on target.

Last edited:
Oh I hate this game so much:')

Back to FM15 until they sort out this defence BS..

used to be able to actually keep clean sheets with the original Aberdeen team and concede between 20-30..

I had to restart just about every game this season to get a decent result because apparently tactics will work against 2 teams and completely break down against the next one....

goalies have always and will always continue to do my head in on this game, they have always been my main bug bear. They have far too much influence on results compared to real life.

I never understand why on this game your goalkeeper always has to gravitate towards the near post in relation to what side of the pitch the ball is on. There is no need to be at your near post when the opposition have the ball 40 years from goal on the touchline

anyone else having trouble with fullbacks going walk about? completely leave mahooooosive space for wingers to run into and fire in a pin point cross that results in a goal?

I've got my fullbacks to stay in position and they constantly end up everywhere they don't need to be.

also my strikers can't finish the simple goals, inside the 6 yard box and they manage to hit the keeper. despite having massive open parts of the goal to aim for :(

Are you playing as Liverpool?

sounds like Moreno and Benteke most weeks haha!

ive just had to walk away from any fm for the first time ever, the game just isnt fun anymore for me. In trying to make the game more realistic i feel it has done the opposite. If in real life i saw half the football matches that occur on fm actually happen then i would be stunned. I have lost enjoyment totally

Please for answer?

Biggest rage is constant changing of Match engine, with every new patch in first 6 months. So u find some excelent tactic, and after 20 days it does not work anymore in new patch.

So, does anyone know when will be final patch for ME (match engine)????

thx

Biggest rage is constant changing of Match engine, with every new patch in first 6 months. So u find some excelent tactic, and after 20 days it does not work anymore in new patch.

So, does anyone know when will be final patch for ME (match engine)????

thx

late Jan/Early Feb

Beating a team you have no right in beating and following that up by getting beat 5-0 by a team you should be beating 5-0

I created a LvG tactics by accident.
High average possession - 63 %
Unable to win matches, languishing in mid table... haha..

getting so tired of players shooting from stupid pointless angles that they have no hope in scoring from

Generally untrue, the logics never once change during patches. However that's what you get from either downloading or playing trial&error. Personally rather than doing that, if anybody's struggling I'd advice sticking to the ***-man outright. H onestly, you can get results just by going on holiday not doing a thing (not guaranteed, but then neither is your own success, injury, random chance and much more influence the course of each season hugely). Ultimately it's better and worse players actually competing on the pitch too though, and the assistants are logically about as sound as any AI manager.

Already some massively popular threads in the download section here with tactics that have two box to box players and not even a hint of a holding player, like every player given license to venture forward. Those are tactics made by people who never have seemed to watched a single football match in their lives. Those should still ship with a donkey sticker. They beg for those matches where the opponent scores his only shot on target. And that is truly the same each year.

Last edited:
The only point of pre and post match interviews with managers is to try and create a beef between two managers. You praise an opponent, you're being patronizing, you say they overachieved you're being insulting..