Why do I have to specify if I want to train a player as a left or right fullback? A fullback on either side does the same job! Does this new implementation help with training for new positions?

Why do I have to specify if I want to train a player as a left or right fullback? A fullback on either side does the same job! Does this new implementation help with training for new positions?

Yes, it will retrain him for that position. So if he's naturally a LB and you want him to able to play RB, select RB training for whatever role. It will also help to play him there. Should speed it up and he won't usually become natural at the new position without playing it.

some little chump who has a contract of hot prospect, has sat in my reserves all year and has not played one first team game for me just turns up to complain about not being in my champs league squad. Jog on

Me and my mate are in a network game in the 5 season. I'm atletico he was Seville anyway We've been top 4 for basically 4 seasons alternating between 2-4 but last season my mate finished 5th and got the sack. Now its January into the season after and he can't get a job or interview anywhere getting rejected from teams like Eibar, Brighton, Betis, Derby, Villa, Gijon ect after a relative solid run for Sevilla. Any reason why he can't get a smaller job? Must be a bug because I remember this happeningon FM13 near the early patches.

Abysmal Player morale

I gave a team meeting at the end of the season saying that with a few quality editions we could finish in the top half that season (media prediction 9th).I signed 7 players, 4-5 would play a lot that season, some good first team players. Then with a week to go before the transfer window shut my four best players said they were worried I hadn't strengthened the squad and their morale all went to abysmal. I signed some free transfers to bolster the squad up to 23 players registered ( I have several players under the age of 21 so don't need registering) and they are still all on abysmal morale. Has this happened to anyone else and if so did you find a work around?! Any help would be much appreciated!

Ok, am I the only one who things that all top club players are over-valued?????

2018 in my save:

busquets 65M
Jerome Boateng 58M
Samaris 42.5M
Matic 42.5M
Gylfi Sigursson 41.5M (Still in Swansea!!!!!)

WTF??

First season at Saints, over christmas had Forster (already out for the season), Stekelenberg (broken arm), Gazzaniga (damaged heel) and Kelvin Davis (pulled hamstring) all injured. Had to play Spurs and Arsenal with an 18 year old keeper - who has FOUR keepers injured at one time?!?!?!

Managing Gloucester, at home v Margate. Winning comfortably 2 nil. Used my last sub, then not even a minute later a CB goes off injured. Still won 4-3 but 3 goals they shouldn't have had.

Who on Earth was the researcher who decided to make Daryl Murphy a 'consistent' performer?!

View attachment 1001378

Has 1 good season, in his distinctly average career, and gets made into a goal machine.

Scoring for fun, something which he was unable to do in the SPL and the Irish Premier League. Yet 1 good effin season and he's made into a Championship monster.

Did he score against me I hear you ask?! Yes, yes he did - but he only got 3 thankfully.
Not the most realistic thing to happen. Look at Ighalo for Watford, distinctly average goal scoring record before joining, now can't stop scoring.

when players with **** stats always play well against you

Might also be a random attribute in the database. Or is it set in the database?

Last edited:
Pitch Condition

Managing Worcester City who are currently sharing Kidderminster Harriers ground; Aggborough. The pitch condition has unsurprisingly deteriorated, but I don't mind, it's lower league, it happens, and I tend to play pretty direct anyway. As we all know occasionally an opposition manager will have a little moan that the pitch needs sorting our, not big deal.

However.

One manager has taken a distinct disliking to the pitch and has complained twice this season. A certain Mr Dave Hockaday. Kidderminster Harriers manager! F*** you Dave! It's YOUR pitch YOU sort it out! He complained when I was technically AWAY at Kidderminster!

This is misplaced anger I'm sure, but I'm now going forth on a vendetta against that man. Every club you manage, I'll be there. Every player you want to buy, I'll be there. I will drive Worcester City into the ground just to ruin your life Dave. You messed with the wrong ex-Sunday League player with a National B licence.

Rant over.

P.S. If anyone knows of a potential solution, hit me up.

when you play counter mentality and then have 66% possession just to lose to two counter attacks..

South African football is interesting...

goal keepers, every year - I always feel that my keeper makes decisions you would never see in real life, or always palms a shot into his goal whereas the opposition keeper is always super reliable regardless how **** his stats are

The only thing thats really bothering me since the update is the derisory offers i seem to get for all my players. Just won a league and Champions league double with Man Utd in my 3rd season and all of Europes big guns are after my talent. Arsenal come in for John Stones (valued at close to £40 million) with a bid of around 13 million with add ons taking it up to about 23 million!!! Are you having a laugh! I bid for Bellarin (who's valued at 30 million) 30 upfront and 30 after 48 months, they reject it and ask for something like 80 upfront and 40 after 24 months!!!! Its they same with all my players, teams bidding crapy offers for them but expecting monumental sums for there own! Really think they need to balance this out a bit as i'm sick of having to reject pitifull bids for my players, then offer them a new contract cause their unhappy i rejected said **** bid! Doing my head in!

Cards...

Yellow, red, double yellow...

Yellow card with 30 seconds in the game..., 1 minute after another yellow card, and after 30 minutes all my defenders have a yellow card! well, i play with hard tackle, so i understand that i will have a lot of cards.

BUT,

What i don't understand is that the opposition plays hard too and gets half the cards and half the fouls when i have 66% of possession AND THE SAME AMOUNTS OF FOULS!!!

Surprising, all the opponents have great skills in tackling and marking, not to say that keepers that don't play for me, tend to be a mixture of Buffon/Neuer/Courtois while De Gea is a ****** hole with gloves!

In the past 5 games, more than 120 shoots, half of those on target, 7 woods, 20 CCCs, 30 half-Cs, 6 goals scored.
Opponent? 20 shoots, 4 CCCs, 2 Half-Cs, 5 goals scored.

I mean, it happens once in a while, right?

Cards...

Yellow, red, double yellow...

Yellow card with 30 seconds in the game..., 1 minute after another yellow card, and after 30 minutes all my defenders have a yellow card! well, i play with hard tackle, so i understand that i will have a lot of cards.

BUT,

What i don't understand is that the opposition plays hard too and gets half the cards and half the fouls when i have 66% of possession AND THE SAME AMOUNTS OF FOULS!!!

Surprising, all the opponents have great skills in tackling and marking, not to say that keepers that don't play for me, tend to be a mixture of Buffon/Neuer/Courtois while De Gea is a ****** hole with gloves!

In the past 5 games, more than 120 shoots, half of those on target, 7 woods, 20 CCCs, 30 half-Cs, 6 goals scored.
Opponent? 20 shoots, 4 CCCs, 2 Half-Cs, 5 goals scored.

I mean, it happens once in a while, right?

I know the feeling.. I just had a game where I had 5 CCC's to their 0.. missed all 5 and drew 1-1 thanks to an own goal

The only thing thats really bothering me since the update is the derisory offers i seem to get for all my players. Just won a league and Champions league double with Man Utd in my 3rd season and all of Europes big guns are after my talent. Arsenal come in for John Stones (valued at close to £40 million) with a bid of around 13 million with add ons taking it up to about 23 million!!! Are you having a laugh! I bid for Bellarin (who's valued at 30 million) 30 upfront and 30 after 48 months, they reject it and ask for something like 80 upfront and 40 after 24 months!!!! Its they same with all my players, teams bidding crapy offers for them but expecting monumental sums for there own! Really think they need to balance this out a bit as i'm sick of having to reject pitifull bids for my players, then offer them a new contract cause their unhappy i rejected said **** bid! Doing my head in!
This. So annoying. It gets even worse when the player gets pissy when the **** bid isn't accepted..

Like the lad on page 16 or 17 said, either the game is impossible or just lower league management is. I've now had 3 sackings and 3 straight relegations in the Conference South, literally every single tactic I try fails, whenever I get a goal I concede 2 more regardless of mentality and the few players I do buy turn to *****. An example was Ladapo at Margate - 15 goals a season minimum for 2 years, I buy him 3rd season and he gets 1 in 9.

Seems really difficult not only to get any kind of grasp on tactics at this level but also the way the game operates is clunky: can have team meetings with the same comments almost every time but can't make public comments or praise players publicly. Endless tedious press conferences and team talks but you can't call out a manager randomly or actively stir pre match (unless I'm missing something in which case my bad).

Im not someone who wants to win every game 5-0 to have fun but 3 straight bottom of the leagues is getting a bit ridiculous now. If I play 2 strikers we get beaten. If we play 1 striker we don't score. I buy 19-21yos from League 1, Championship and other league clubs and they offer promise but aren't good enough: I buy veterans and what little stats they have plummet after six months. Almost impossible to get anyone above 21 on loan too.

I keep persisting but have tried almost every formation imaginable - there doesn't seem to be any kind of formula for winning whatsoever. As a previous poster said the random and constantly changing managerial advice kind of sums up the game - feels like p*ssing in the wind making changes every 3 games hoping something will work, but so far it never does. At first I thought well I need to learn more, but after 3 years of the game I'm beginning to wonder if it's me or the game itself.

View attachment 196063View attachment 196062

Last edited:
Who on Earth was the researcher who decided to make Daryl Murphy a 'consistent' performer?!

View attachment 1001378

Has 1 good season, in his distinctly average career, and gets made into a goal machine.

Scoring for fun, something which he was unable to do in the SPL and the Irish Premier League. Yet 1 good effin season and he's made into a Championship monster.

Did he score against me I hear you ask?! Yes, yes he did - but he only got 3 thankfully.
I totally hear you on this. Murphy scored 42 in 44 on my save. I get that some players get into the form of their lives like Ighalo but really, there were games where he scored 5 goals by himself.