Offside

Hi...

I think nearly all goals scored especially by opponent is offside, but it still Counts...

Pretty frustrating i think...

There seems to be a hugely uneven playing field when it comes to scoring goals. My team absolutely dominates but misses sitters or hits the woodwork every other game. I can actually live with that, it's football. But coupled with the opponents sneaking in a goal with their only shot and their only highlight every other game as well is just BS. Still seeing it happen after 2 different teams in 3 seasons with 4 different tactics.

Put it simply, when it's a highlight of my team's attack the chances of scoring is 30%. When it's the AI it's around 70%. And it's not a matter of the quality of the chances created...my team takes shots with actual clear cut chances, the AI just slams it in. This has never bothered me in past versions but it feels like they've really cranked it up this time.
Especially away games, regardless how good you are, or who your opponent is, it is almost impossible to win. If you do, you are very lucky. There's at least 70% chance that you have to lose away from home. The opponent, even though they are very average at best, will manage to play like Barcelona and score from some very slick passing game. If not, they will bang into the net from a cross which flies like a freaking guided missile.

On the other hand, our players, who are more superior to them, will play like a bunch of chicken and keep giving the ball away to the other team because they have no idea how to pass properly or make a right decision. They also forgot how to shoot properly so we ended up wasting all the chances which don't come very often. It really ****** me off that they suddenly forgot how to play proper football and this happens ever since they introduced the new match engine.

FM2012 is still the best to me, yes your team can become superman at times but at least it's more enjoyable than losing to some Championship side with Arsenal because we are not at home.

Hi...

I think nearly all goals scored especially by opponent is offside, but it still Counts...

Pretty frustrating i think...
Oh, don't get started with offside. One of the main reasons that I can't win away is because 90% of my through balls are called off for offside, even though some of them don't look like it is so. The opponent, however, will manage to make all those precise passing and their strikers are able to break our offside trap almost every single time. Then you know what happens next, a goal conceded.

Last edited:
Especially away games, regardless how good you are, or who your opponent is, it is almost impossible to win. If you do, you are very lucky. There's at least 70% chance that you have to lose away from home. The opponent, even though they are very average at best, will manage to play like Barcelona and score from some very slick passing game. If not, they will bang into the net from a cross which flies like a freaking guided missile.

On the other hand, our players, who are more superior to them, will play like a bunch of chicken and keep giving the ball away to the other team because they have no idea how to pass properly or make a right decision. They also forgot how to shoot properly so we ended up wasting all the chances which don't come very often. It really ****** me off that they suddenly forgot how to play proper football and this happens ever since they introduced the new match engine.

FM2012 is still the best to me, yes your team can become superman at times but at least it's more enjoyable than losing to some Championship side with Arsenal because we are not at home.

Oh, don't get started with offside. One of the main reasons that I can't win away is because 90% of my through balls are called off for offside, even though some of them don't look like it is so. The opponent, however, will manage to make all those precise passing and their strikers are able to break our offside trap almost every single time. Then you know what happens next, a goal conceded.
Try to play with a structured defensive system, sometimes you will win by just 3 shots/ game ;)

Try to play with a structured defensive system, sometimes you will win by just 3 shots/ game ;)
Actually I did, tried 4-4-1-1 with counter and very structured mentality, won a couple of games but sometimes it still got wrecked by home teams (Swansea for most recent) for some reasons.

Seriously, playing as Arsenal, I want to play in Arsenal way, beautiful attacking football with quick passing game. I don't want to sit deep every single game and hope for the best. I know you will have better chance to score from crossing, but again that's not the style of football I desire. This match engine really limits the way you should play football.

To me, it seems more realistic. Playing away from home is more difficult and even the top teams have to make tactical variations against any opposition - beautiful, attacking football isn't always the best way to win and even Arsene parks the bus occasionally.

I had to switch from my preferred tactic to make progress - the biggest thing on this version is that you can actually get sensible tactical advice from the coaching team. What do your coaches suggest for tactics?

Actually I did, tried 4-4-1-1 with counter and very structured mentality, won a couple of games but sometimes it still got wrecked by home teams (Swansea for most recent) for some reasons.

Seriously, playing as Arsenal, I want to play in Arsenal way, beautiful attacking football with quick passing game. I don't want to sit deep every single game and hope for the best. I know you will have better chance to score from crossing, but again that's not the style of football I desire. This match engine really limits the way you should play football.

Don't be obsessed with what the news said about tactical style, it just merely marketing. I agreed that Arsenal mostly play football with attack - quick tempo and shorter passing, but it does not mean they attack everywhere. Look at the last match with 2 goals comes from Bellerin crosses, is that attacking football ;)

PSG came in with a way too low bid for my wonderkid central midfield regen, so I rejected. He then got upset, because he fancied a move to PSG because he would get a higher wage there. I spoke to him and told him I'd give him a new contract with the kind of wages he'd get at PSG, and he says he's happy with that, let's start contract talks.

I go to offer him a new contract.....and he won't discuss terms because he's unhappy that I rejected PSG's bid. *facepalm*

The lack of first team football problem is getting out of hand. You are telling me that starting 3 out of 9 matches are not enough for a defender with rotation status? That is exactly what happened with 3 of my defenders. If 1/3 of the matches are not enough, then how many is "enough"? 50%? If so, then what's the point of having "First Team" and "Key Player" status because you are playing almost as much as my main men. I could play them every other game to keep them happy, but that is not something I would like to do in the long run because I setup my starting lineup based on tactical needs and my opponents. I seriously can't give in to their demands all the time but I don't want to lose them at the same time.

Had similar issues playing with Norwich. Due to pre-season injuries I started my first match of the season with Vadis Odjija in midfield. He played well and kept his place. Six games in, he started the first three, missed two through injury and came on at half time in the sixth. Is that good enough? Oh no, he doesn't think he's playing enough for a player on a rotation contract!

Conceding in the first 45 seconds of a game happens way too much. And people say to watch the first part of a game to see what's going wrong which makes perfect sense but conceding from center half the time doesn't help!!!

Facial Injuries. Unrealistic, 1st season with AFC Wimbledon I think I've had 15 facial injuries, a team would be lucky to have 1 in a year.

View attachment 189933

20 Shots,13 chances, 2 hit the woodwork, 60% possession. Still don't score, it's out of control. And this isn't even that bad compared to other times when I have 30+ shots against an U/18's GK and don't score 1.

I hate you sometimes FM, instead of just making the game play normal it is filled with dumb actions to make up the numbers, 30secs away from winning the League 2 title, my full back dribbles the ball from the centre of the pitch back into our own box ("you're going the wrong way you ********" i yell), taps it out in front of himself and then leaves it and waits for the opponent to run from 10m away and take it and score. Its times like this I think about quitting the game and replaying it. This **** makes the game unplayable. The GK's are even dumber.

10 Year FM player

Spurs

Start a new game as Spurs: 2 weeks into pre season (2 matches, 1 week of light fitness training and a week of team cohesion) all bar 1 midfielder out long term (2 month+)

Man united

Start new game: 2 weeks into pre season (2 matches, 1 week of light fitness training and a week of team cohesion) all bar 1 defender out long term.

Start a new game again: 2 weeks into pre season (2 matches (no injuries), 1 week of light fitness training and a week of team cohesion) all bar 1 defender out long term.

Start a new game AGAIN: 2 weeks into pre season (2 matches (no injuries), 1 week of light balanced training and a week of team cohesion) all bar 1 midfielder out long term.

Start ANOTHER new game AGAIN: 2 weeks into pre season (2 matches (no injuries), 2 weeks of light team cohesion) all bar 1 midfielder out long term.

and still the same old problems persist with set pieces.

Won't be buying 2017 this is the 2nd game that has had a serious issue with slapping long term injuries on the same position repeatedly (human players only - this happens to everyone in our Multiplayer group too).

I hate you sometimes FM, instead of just making the game play normal it is filled with dumb actions to make up the numbers, 30secs away from winning the League 2 title, my full back dribbles the ball from the centre of the pitch back into our own box ("you're going the wrong way you ********" i yell), taps it out in front of himself and then leaves it and waits for the opponent to run from 10m away and take it and score. Its times like this I think about quitting the game and replaying it. This **** makes the game unplayable. The GK's are even dumber.

i feel you...

Not seeing problems with conceding goals (only 11 in 23 BPL games) or injuries, even with Sturridge in the team.

The demands for regular first team action, especially early in the season and for new signings is a bit annoying and the choice of response doesn't have the desired answer - so far Lovren, Benteke and Ings have all complained.

My other frustration is the number of offside calls - the strikers just seem to be dumb and not watching for it - it's not just my players and seems to happen a lot more than expected.

Not seeing problems with conceding goals (only 11 in 23 BPL games) or injuries, even with Sturridge in the team.

The demands for regular first team action, especially early in the season and for new signings is a bit annoying and the choice of response doesn't have the desired answer - so far Lovren, Benteke and Ings have all complained.

My other frustration is the number of offside calls - the strikers just seem to be dumb and not watching for it - it's not just my players and seems to happen a lot more than expected.

If you're getting offside so often, increase the tempo ................................

Fm 2016 is a fine game, but FM 2015 was better. FM 2016 is a 6,5 . FM 2015 was a 8. FM 2016 has never had me that much as FM 2015, maybe because FM 2015 was easier , maybe to easy. The defending is just not good i have the feeling, Backs dont have a function in defending and the conditon of players is the worst..

Last edited:
Chelsea%20v%20Milton%20Keynes%20Dons_%20Stats%20Match%20Stats_zpsiv8svqxi.png

Well, I'm MK DONS ;)

Had the same problem with Ings and Lovren. But they're both apparently first team players (I lol'ed when I saw that.) so just change their roles to Squad Rotation players and it should be fine.

Benteke, just sell him. Terminate his contract or sell him or whatever you want to do with him. He's utterly useless and a waste of space.

Although the match engine is very smooth (can't find another word to praise it) its not understandable what went through those SI brains to launch a FM16 like this:

1- Training:
a) started with FM15 and the issue is still to be fixed: some player is training an attribute, the coach makes a suggestion for a different attribute training and as soon as its changed, the coach makes the suggestion for the previous one;

b) started with FM15 and the issue is still to be fixed: player unhappy with trainings and not improving, when chating he agrees he has to do more. Next month he's still unhappy and not improving and agreeing he has to do more;

c) absurd injuries, also since FM15;

2- Press Conferences: still boring, just a few more questions added;

3- Player Instructions: a) as for Close Down, it displays something and when clicking to edit shows a different one; b) If Close Down TI is set to Much More, player can't close down like the team;

4- Team Instructions: Counter Mentality lacks a tempo level;

5- Translations: awful and, worst, no feedback for almost a month;

6- Match Engine: endless bugs with discipline, marking, closing down, positioning, penalty kicks, short corners

They could have sticked to FM15 and miss this year's edition.