Had the same problem with Ings and Lovren. But they're both apparently first team players (I lol'ed when I saw that.) so just change their roles to Squad Rotation players and it should be fine.

Benteke, just sell him. Terminate his contract or sell him or whatever you want to do with him. He's utterly useless and a waste of space.

Benteke is out on loan and scoring in La liga, hopefully that will increase his value a little which dropped to about £14m. I'll take whatever I can get at the end of the season, likewise with Lovren who is definitely the weakest link in my otherwise strong defence. Ings is a useful player and can contribute - I had him transfer listed and dropped to the U21s and he's not moaned since. Anyway, I digress...

1) Opposing goalkeepers with horrible stats making insane save after insane save in a game which you are dominating only to lose to a shot from 30+ meters out even though you have a world class goalkeeper...
2) CARDS, CARDS EVERYWHERE
3) Opposing defenders blocking every possible shot from every possible angle
4) Injuriers lasting for seasons... Had Harry Kane get a 4 month injury, finally got back on his feet, eased him into the first team again. First full game BANG Harry Kane out for 4 months...

When the AI goes overload they get a goal money back guaranteed. When I go overload I leave the defense exposed, they get a goal money back guaranteed. ****.

1) After some seasons, I'm fine with changing tactics to adapt each year. However, in some matches, suddenly all my players shoot with terrible accuracy and my opponent's goalkeeper made a lot of incredible saves. 30 - 40+ shots with 3-4 clear cut chances and 5-7 half-chances, still no goals.

I think the problem is not tactics or complacency. If so, my whole team should play terribly. However, they still pass and defense very well. It's just that they can't shoot.

Yes, I know it's cheating but I rematch and won 4-0, 5-0 easily with same tactics, same pep talk. It happened, like, 5-7 times a season. What's wrong in the first time, or the engine just messed with me?

2) I managed a national team. The game only lets me replace the seriously injured player, not the slightly injured.

However, there is a problem. For example, I managed England and have 2 international matches in 7 days. A player injured for 6 days is useless. At the beginning of the second match, he is at 70-75% fitness and can't play well. But the system won't let me replace him anyway.

Selected players for the Champions League, left out an 18 year old whose transfer status is Hot Prospect. Starts going off on one cause he was left out! Shut the **** up!! You're barely playing in the league yet and I want my best players in the CL squad not kids who are still a bit **** and need to play a lot more!!

I do love Football Managers policy of every time the opposition have a shot on target it goes in.

Liverpool win the league, plus the Europa league. Bonus is that one of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City or Arsenal are going to miss out on the Champions League. Man Utd finish in 5th.

Check the Champions League fixtures... what's that, Chelsea v Man Utd in the final. Man Utd go on to win on penalties and Van Gaal is treated as a genius. Mourinho also keeps his job due to being runner up in Europe and the league.

this is getting ridiculous. no way a team of Walcott, Alexis, Giroud, Barbosa, Ozil couldn't just score past Valdes (yes, he's in Hull in my game now). i watched full game of this, a lot of times, my strikers are in position to score, they decided to pass even when the instructions are ****** shoot on sight with shoot more often on players instruction. i almost threw my laptop because of this.

View attachment 188036

Last edited:
this is getting ridiculous. no way a team of Walcott, Alexis, Giroud, Barbosa, Ozil couldn't just score past Valdes (yes, he's in Hull in my game now). i watched full game of this, a lot of times, my strikers are in position to score, they decided to pass even when the instructions are ****** shoot on sight with shoot more often on players instruction. i almost threw my laptop because of this.

View attachment 1011779

The game is fixed by the match engine. If you are too successful with a tactic, they start to manipulate it and make your players retarded in the final third. It won't stop till you use a new tactic. foolish game.

The game is fixed by the match engine. If you are too successful with a tactic, they start to manipulate it and make your players retarded in the final third. It won't stop till you use a new tactic. foolish game.
That's bullshit. There aren't any artificial limiters in place.

The game isn't 'foolish' by adapting to your tactics - it's dynamic AI. You need to adapt your tactics to keep on top of it.

Just look at Chelsea this season; won the league last year and teams found them out this year. So why is it questioned when a game adopts this? Understandably with Chelsea there were plenty of other factors that led to their poor form, but these things are also reciprocated in the game.

Chelsea wasn't a case of faulty tactics. It was a case of bad man management. The players stopped playing for the coach. And chelsea wasn't dominating games why an incredulous amount of attempts on goal and possession and then losing to the oppositions only shot or 2 on target.

And it's laughable to say the A.I is adapting to your atctics when you see what goes on in the game. They aren't adapting to anything, all the match engine does is stop your players from scoring even though you dominate the whole game, how is that adaptation? when it happens almost every game? it's simply not realistic, this game is not based on reality as most of you would like to believe.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's complete horse-cr*p. Mine works completely fine, and has done for a number of seasons. Something tells me you are projecting your own failings onto the game instead of admitting them.

Chelsea wasn't a case of faulty tactics. It was a case of bad man management. The players stopped playing for the coach. And chelsea wasn't dominating games why an incredulous amount of attempts on goal and possession and then losing to the oppositions only shot or 2 on target.

And it's laughable to say the A.I is adapting to your atctics when you see what goes on in the game. They aren't adapting to anything, all the match engine does is stop your players from scoring even though you dominate the whole game, how is that adaptation? when it happens almost every game? it's simply not realistic, this game is not based on reality as most of you would like to believe.
Then don't play the game. If you ever open your eyes, you'd see that teams don't adapt to your tactics. They're simply more defensive because you're doing well. The AI is at a basic level, yet still outsmarts you.

"Dominate" is a word that often gets thrown around when someone has more possession and shots, but it means nothing if you're not penetrating and getting decent chances.

The fact is that of the few pkm or save examples that do get posted, the user's tactic is always **** and he/she has no idea it is because stats show more possession and shots. If you're so certain you are correct, create a thread, upload a pkm and the screenshot of your tactic.

The fact is that of the few pkm or save examples that do get posted, the user's tactic is always **** and he/she has no idea it is because stats show more possession and shots. If you're so certain you are correct, create a thread, upload a pkm and the screenshot of your tactic.

Exactly, can you imagine if everyone posted screenshots of all the times they'd "dominated" and actually won the game! The threads would be endless! It happens in real life all the time when a team has all the possession and shots, but can convert and get beaten by a lucky goal or the other team just converting their one chance.

Then don't play the game. If you ever open your eyes, you'd see that teams don't adapt to your tactics. They're simply more defensive because you're doing well. The AI is at a basic level, yet still outsmarts you.

"Dominate" is a word that often gets thrown around when someone has more possession and shots, but it means nothing if you're not penetrating and getting decent chances.

If you took your head out of fm's **** you'd see that all your excuses are utter nonsense. Defensive football does not come in anyway close to explaining it. You just stick to that line if it makes you feel any better about your fantasy fm game. The rest of us are not so deluded to think the game is very logical.

Exactly, can you imagine if everyone posted screenshots of all the times they'd "dominated" and actually won the game! The threads would be endless! It happens in real life all the time when a team has all the possession and shots, but can convert and get beaten by a lucky goal or the other team just converting their one chance.

How often does it happen 5 games in a row mr realistic genius?

If you took your head out of fm's **** you'd see that all your excuses are utter nonsense. Defensive football does not come in anyway close to explaining it. You just stick to that line if it makes you feel any better about your fantasy fm game. The rest of us are not so deluded to think the game is very logical.
That's strange. Your PKM doesn't seem to show up.

Last edited: