Post your frustration/rage

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 659
  • Views Views 177K
In what was a frankly bizarre season, I was managing Spurs and somehow found myself second by a point to Chelsea and nine points clear of third with just five games to go. I'd only lost three games all season and with two relegated sides in my final five games I thought I had a chance of winning the league.

How wrong I was.

FM contrived to make me lose the remaining five games, including a 4-0 home defeat to a relegated Aston Villa side who had only scored 19 goals all season, Arsenal won their remaining five games, Man City won three and drew two dropping me to fourth.

Just to really rub it in, Man Utd went on a winning streak and required a seven goal swing to pip me to fourth on goal difference. I lost 2-0 at home to Stoke, Man Utd won 5-0 away at Liverpool, including goals in the 93rd and 95th minute.

I finished fifth by one goal and was promptly sacked for not making the Champions League.

In what was a frankly bizarre season, I was managing Spurs and somehow found myself second by a point to Chelsea and nine points clear of third with just five games to go. I'd only lost three games all season and with two relegated sides in my final five games I thought I had a chance of winning the league.

How wrong I was.

FM contrived to make me lose the remaining five games, including a 4-0 home defeat to a relegated Aston Villa side who had only scored 19 goals all season, Arsenal won their remaining five games, Man City won three and drew two dropping me to fourth.

Just to really rub it in, Man Utd went on a winning streak and required a seven goal swing to pip me to fourth on goal difference. I lost 2-0 at home to Stoke, Man Utd won 5-0 away at Liverpool, including goals in the 93rd and 95th minute.

I finished fifth by one goal and was promptly sacked for not making the Champions League.
This is one of the most brutal stories I'e ever read about FM.

The collision detection thing.

So "we've added a collision detection to stop players going through others and taking the ball from behind".

Things in my games never happened before:

- Players going through other players.

- Players robbing from behind.

- The only one slightly bothersome that did happen: fast players unable to overtake slow ones.

Things that began to happen afterward in my games:

- Players passing through other players.

- Players robbing from behind.

- Defenders in blocking position having the ball pass through their chest.

- Strikers that are about to hit a ball into open goal suddenly turn or walk back away from the goal.

- Players competing for a ball shooting in opposite directions away from the goal like it was a bomb.

How wrong I was.

That... is sad. :(

How wrong I was.

That's why I don't feel ashame for reloading my save file, the game really likes to screw you over in the most dramatic way possible.

Here's my latest gripe: For three times in two months, I lost the match because some players from the opposition suddenly scored a fluke from 3x-4x yards away in the 8x minutes, one of them is the Champions League finals.

How wrong I was.

Of course if you even dare mention this on si website a mod is on you saying it doest happen nothing to see here sweep,sweep and then a few fanboys pop in saying your lying:P

Of course if you even dare mention this on si website a mod is on you saying it doest happen nothing to see here sweep,sweep and then a few fanboys pop in saying your lying:P
No, what they would rightly say is that it did happen, but that there are reasons for it happening. In short: Most likely, the players bottled it due to pressure. Tactics may not have helped, but we don't know the details here.

Playing with arsenal, just beat chelsea 5-1 and lost with man city 8-0..
what the actual ****?

16 games in to my 3rd season schweinsteiger has played 15 and missed 1 through injury but feels he isn't getting enough first teaam football :s

Playing with arsenal, just beat chelsea 5-1 and lost with man city 8-0..
what the actual ****?

Current ME is good that way. If you play the same tactic and instructions two matches in a row vs. very good managers, You'll most definately get your *** handed to you on a plate in the second match.

Current ME is good that way. If you play the same tactic and instructions two matches in a row vs. very good managers, You'll most definately get your *** handed to you on a plate in the second match.
This doesn't happen. It's not the ME or manager AI. They just cannot 'learn' from each other as if they've scouted the previous match.

Though it would be amazing if the AI had an actually awareness of where possibly weak areas are (as long as you aren't able to field 15 outfield players there's always going to be space to exploit, there is no perfect tactics*), that's certainly not what happened. The AI adapts slightly to conditions and formations, but in the long-term it only "adapts" by recognizing whether it is the underdog or the favourite in a match, and adjust accordingly. Happens in every single match in the game world, and naturally shifts dynamically. As teams raise in reputation through success and vice versa. At the start of the game with any of the EPL top sides, you will find many opposition who simply want to avoid heavy defeat. Vice versa though if you're starting with say Bournemouth. They also play matches dynamically by increasing/decreasing risk, i.e. not merely hoping something will change if things go their way but increasing risk when trying to get back into a game, plus vica versa if they try to hold onto a lead.

The last time somebody uploaded this it revealed either a a) highly risky specific marking duty on one of the defensive fulcrums, i.e. one of two centre backs being dragged all over the pitch to open passing lanes all over the shop or b) a highly creative formation that eventually was hit very hard as soon as the user played against an AI manager with a preferred formation edited into the db that would, for the lack of a more appropriate word, rape it. In the latter case more specifically the user team had a madeshift backline of three consisting of a single CB and the LB and RB. As that produces visibly hugely gaps in the match play (that play is not for show, focusing on statistics will never tell you any of the full story), he was raped as the opposition manager fielded a 3 central forward formation, and the 3 forwards ran riot in exactly those two channels you could have driven a convoy of trucks through. That wasn't due to the AI having "cracked" that tactics, but due to the researcher who had edited a 3 centre forward formation into the manager's profile in the db.

C) iT might have been but a freak occurance still. Without an upload it's tough to tell though. ;-)

* I think this should be actually a disclaimer made on the tactical download forums. It is ludicrous how every year it is not a small fraction of those who download typically very aggressively tactics who complaing getting "FM'ed". Tactics that might do them well, but lead to the additionally soft goal plus struggling to have superbly conversion against sides parking the bus by pushing up and essentially going battle-ram on a brick wall against AI underdogs often far too readily sitting back. This should be even more of an issue in FM 2016 as counter attacking plus defending deep has improved, and teams who defend deep don't find it as hard to get out of their own half when they intercept attacks regularly as deep as in their own area. Not that I don't sympathize with anyone who doesn't want to delve in the game that deeply, or struggles with some of the tactical UI, mind. The screenshots displaying how you've had 20 shots vs the opponent just three and you still loose don't at all tell whether that was an unlucky or a deserved loss though, in patricular as many of those shots will be from lukewarm header attempts after the many set pieces when play is happening almost exclusively in the OPs half.

Last edited:
I was top of a very tight league 2 with York 1st season going into the last game where we're playing Morecambe who are in 23rd. Of course we lose... and slip to 4th... out of the automatic promotion places :) Whats even funnier is I looked at our fixture list 6 games before the end and said to myself "I bet we lose the last game and it costs us"

I’LL be honest, im almost done with this game…
In the pursuit of realism, they have ruined it, especiallywith the recent update.
No 1 tactic works for more than a few months at a time. Yetconstantly changing tactics also doesn’t work… so what exactly should I do…just accept that last week I was beating City and United 4-0 in their ownbackyard, but this week im losing 3-0 at home to rock bottom Crystal Palace?
Ive added some of the worlds best young stars to my side.Lincoln, Odegarrd, Ajer, Lucas Silva yet they miss gilt edge chances and opennets by the absolute bucket load.
It is not unknown for my side to have 6 CLEAR CUT chances,score none of them and lose 3-0 (this happened versus Arsenal, who had 1 clearcut chance)
Other examples include a 0-0 draw with Swansea City (18thin the league) where I had 5 clear cut chances
Nothing works, no tactic seems to change it, no differentapproach. I consistently dominate games and lose.

I don’t want to win / win / win, but neither do I want toconstantly fight with tactics and spend half my life messing around with them,for them to work for a few months and then start the process over again.

Its boring and its taken the fun out of the game. I am a 18year veteran of the game who is seriously contemplating not wasting my moneynext year. And for all the ‘realism’ comments out there, there are thousandsupon thousands of posts saying exactly the same thing as I have above.
This game is broken, FM NEED TO FIX IT NOW!

I'm getting pretty tired of this game! It doesnt awaken the passion it used to. Just going through the motions now. Nothing really changes year after year. It's basically a player database update! The players pretty much transfer to same teams in every save game. Managers get fired and hired for the same team over and over. The game is basically forcing you to keep the morale high. Team meeting are a circle jerk eventhough your team losing the championship in their current form. Players whine about lack of playing time when on holiday in june! Pre-game inteview a journalist is asking how do I feel about missing some random injured player who has played 1-4 games during the whole god **** season. Or about some random youth player that i gave a contract just keep the bodycount. Forget the ME, the whole AI should be much more responsive!

I would be all for SI having a year off if it would mean a total overhaul of the game.

Last edited:
Back