Post your frustration/rage

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 659
  • Views Views 177K
I have a player, a young kid, he is home grown. He isn't available for under 21s or under 18s yet every time I get to a league matchit says he ineligible due to being in another match that day.

the known issue with multiple players closing down opponents when unnecessary. It always seems to be in my game to lead to a goal and it can be very frustrating

Well, I started reading this section of the forum pages by pages and was relieved that I was not wrong to quit this game. Found a similar story to mine on almost every second page.
One thing which I just can't bear out is even now the so-called gurus or genius who talk about the tactic balance, the morale, the strategy, the pairs and combinations, the ladders concept, the art of counter, the art of possession, manumad, etc. will blame us for everything that goes wrong in FM. Their concepts/ideas/theories are all torn apart by FM and still they believe that FM is right and we are wrong.
I'm happy to play PES than FM as at least I can believe at what I'm doing and how I'm doing. FM is just ****. Won't buy it any further.

You had only two clear cut chances.. You should look, why your players (worldclass) weren't able to make more of them..
Well, this is exactly what I said about earlier. They will blame us and ask reason why you lost and will always favour the FM even after providing them sufficient proof in the form of match stats. This is insane!!!

Match stats don't mean **** though, there's opponents that are happy to let you "statistically" dominate plus the stats don't show any tactical switches by an AI which can turn things around mightily. You might have conceded of genuine bugs who knows. The "OP needs less shots to score", aside of actually rotten luck which happens, I can sum that up in a vid. Watch it. (Aside of that, don't ever trust the ccc stat, you need zero of those to win ever, it's flawed). You don't need to be a "guru" at anything, this is painfully obvious football basics on any poor level from just watching but 30 seconds of play. It's that simple that I'm personally actually worried about the future of the series, as peeps apparently can't be arsed to even watch those 30 seconds, or seem to never have watched a match of football in their lives if they don't pick this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEyszTyRkk

1. Sequence, an AI manager with Napoli with the scoreline being level outside of set pieces and counters barely advancing anyone and dropping deep upon the interception. Nobody caught out of position ever, Barcelona has to play round a ♥♥♥♥♥on of players and if they arrive at the box, it's always packed at every attempt, so the average will be poorly. Yeah, that's very rigid with lots of defend dutys, but that's how AI operate if they're content with a draw or just not conceding much. Away ties at Camp Nou are tough ties, so even a decent team as Napoli may engage in such.

2. Sequence: the same match same AI Manager with Napoli desperate to get an equalizer at the scoreline being 3-4, with but a cm/D providing protection. Everybody else pushing up. Ball's cleared to two central forwards (can be up to THREE!!!) who don't track back in FM, immediate counter attack for Barcelona and only a desperate tackle keeps this from being a decent shot on target. THIS IS HOW MOST HUMAN PLAYERS PLAY AS A DEFAULT. Talking from versus mode experience too, and looking at the download sections it's utter madness and will have everybody screaming "broken game" in no time should another improvement to AI decision making come. There seems to be an increasing number of downloads that have no defend duty/hold position player whatsoever, so no matter how many shots you get, every interception is likely going to be a perfeclty decent chance for your op. WHAT TEAM OUTSIDE OF SCHOOLKIDS LEVEL KEEPS ON PUSHING FORWARD FORWARD FORWARD MINUTE 1-90 ANY MATCH LIKE THAT NO MATTER IF IT's 0-1 OR 2-0 OR ANYTHING? At its worst, the attacking set-pieces have insufficient cover too.

Yes, it's that simple. Sad truth is if you're shielded against counters that's typically like 70% of the job done most of the time as outside of those the multiple defend duties mean nobody's really else pushing up. Additionally if some players actually stay deep, that means there's still back passes on, which means players don't play forward forward shoot as they are forced to, increasing the shot count further with hurried attempts. If you want to test, download the official data editor, pick a league, give every team therein the same reputation, their managers currently applied a top heavy prefered formation for attack and defense (such as 4-2-3-1 no DM), edit their attack value to "20" and you will see. Playing the game online versus against exclusively human managers it's a ridiculously altogether different game, as everybody seems to be pushing forward all the time.

Last edited:
And at least if you're going to go apeshit about this, post proper match stats (instead of just half) and include some match context. This gets overlooked completely as everyone stares at the final score, rather than what actually happened.

As I told earlier as well, saviours have arrived for FM. Their 1 or 2 shot results in goal while a team full of world-class players misses every single opportunity. Yet, what matters is the final score and still they believe on should not look at the final picture. Great. Thank God! I'm happy to have quit this game instead of being cheated by FM.

It's not the saviours (sic) of FM. It's a little logic - something you're lacking.

Scenario 1 - team gets a lucky break and scores early. Decides to park all the buses they can find. **** tactic cannot break them down. Few shots vs many wasted shots.

Scenario 2 - team starts off extremely defensive. A 0 - 0 will do. **** tactic again cannot create space and score. At 80 mins, they decide to try their luck and push a few forward. Goal. Again, few shots, but the win.

I could go on. Context. The thing every village idiot misses.

It's not the saviours (sic) of FM. It's a little logic - something you're lacking.

Scenario 1 - team gets a lucky break and scores early. Decides to park all the buses they can find. **** tactic cannot break them down. Few shots vs many wasted shots.

Scenario 2 - team starts off extremely defensive. A 0 - 0 will do. **** tactic again cannot create space and score. At 80 mins, they decide to try their luck and push a few forward. Goal. Again, few shots, but the win.

I could go on. Context. The thing every village idiot misses.

Ok, well then. Coming to your points.

Scenario 1 - Why only the opposition gets lucky, while it is not actually going for but eventually gets a goal while the team who keeps working hard, dominating, ends up with nothing but a loss. OK, agree with your concept of being lucky, but why every time, you can be lucky once, twice or thrice but not most of the time. A second division team playing away to a Worldwide reputation popular team with a defensive or counter strategy passes the ball like Barca or Bayern, creates chances like Barca used to be under Pep, keeping the ball and still able to cross or create a chance while the team who is playing at a higher mentality ends up just giving away ball just because the opposition is playing at a lesser mentality level.

Scenario 2 - Ok team is defending fine and later at 80' start to try luck but why only they are on the benefit side? Why not we who are constantly going for a goal. If they are pushing men forward, why can't they be exposed even then. Even their striker will find the net from a cross from an unbelievable angle while our team just can't find the same thing in their final third.

Coming to your point of context, I don't really think that anything will be sufficient for you as you just can't accept why this section of FM has filled with over 50 pages. Needless to say, people are not idiot always but accept that FM is responsible for all this fuss.

Coming to your point of context, I don't really think that anything will be sufficient for you as you just can't accept why this section of FM has filled with over 50 pages. Needless to say, people are not idiot always but accept that FM is responsible for all this fuss.

Dude, this is the frustration thread. Nobody's going to post anything that delighted him. It's one thing to vent such frustration, and I bet there's tons of it that is actually justified. Unlike in Pes or Fifa which see football results despite only lasting two by five minutes, the best of players fail to put away genuine chances on a somewhat consistently level or should. If penalties aren't converted at higher rates than a good 8 out of 10, outside of tap-ins into an empty net, anything from open play can't possibly rank above that or even thereabouts. **** happens. Looking at purely stats won't tell you how much anybody is really contributing to it. If you're pushing up, it'd be a darn poor sim if you weren't hit by soft goals at least every once in a blue moon -- and every once in a blue moon it typically is. To regularly concede from one shot would take a load of ****. There's just no other way and has to be put that bluntly. There is also a bug connected to specific marking though. Apply it a certain way and opposing wide players are gifted acceleration space visibly. They arrive at your box unmarked, visibly. Match stats may look even or in your favor, doesn't matter, as the op will naturally convert far more of his attempts due to players arriving completely unmarked. It's the play making those numbers.

As for luck, Napoli exposing itself above actually IS AI. I made an entire save where I counter attacked Villa into the top third of the Prem on a previous release, where counter attacking was harder to pull off (yes, an improvement was much needed, and looking at some ridiculous download tactics arguably still is -- as posted people not merely play the game offline but online too, and the engine doesn't care an iota whoever provides the input for each team competing and may see people annoyed when they find all their opponents need to do is pushing literally every single player up, and their defenders can't cope anymore). Not gonna happen if everybody is sitting back because you're Barcelona (again watch the vid). Speaking of which, if you look at AI vs AI stats, apparently the AI is cheating itself.

mcVZQpi.jpg

Yjr3q5V.jpg

NgisNfL.jpg

etc. It takes quite some to take this thread upside down, ridicule the people who attempt to crack over SI's lacklustre documentation by providing guides (going far beyond any AI) and abuse it all for your bullshit agenda. None of this is true. If you're still honestly suggesting that the game would be out to cheat you, when it is but a cheap excuse for you still not getting it, you're like years late. There's actually issues. Transfer AI is an issue. Defending wide areas is an issue. That bug connected to specific man marking is an issue. Arguably AI far too readily sitting back even with decent teams may be an issue. There's tons of actually issue. Game out to cheat you because dude on internet who doesn't even watch play says so is a non-issue. I'd bet money that any n00b will outperform AI Guardiola first season, who barely passes the 50 goals mark with Bayern in the league. THAT is an issue too.

I actually FM'ed FM..
Why is the AI so much better at finishing? - Page 5

Last edited:
Well this is why I hate FM. Likes of Bale, Benzema, Isco can't score from 7 ccc while AI's score from just 1 ccc. And still people question me and not the FM. Wow!!!
View attachment 158970
These things forces me to unwantedly quit and reload the game. You tell me, am I wrong???

Do you also reload whenever your rivals drop points despite having more chances? Aside of obsessing over the clear cuts which are **** and should be taken out of the game (even if they were accurate, they shouldn't be converted statistically at a higher rate of 1 in 3, and there isn't that comically a difference between the class and the average and it's also no coincidence that some relegation contenders have good numbers here, hint, counter attacks): I'm starting to wonder whether outside of Fifa and Pes you watch any football at all or whether that's now just trolling and a wind-up. That's not even an extreme final match stat, that's happening every week, Norwich's lost 0-3 this weekend having 20 shots vs 8, Caen 1-3 at 18 shots vs 4 (against 10 men no less). And purely going by numbers, this would have been at best a 3-1. Because unlike Fifa and PES, FM goes 90 minutes, which means in the long run on average the shot conversion isn't any more than 1 in 10, the shot on target any more than 1 in 3, and so on. Whether it actually is the case impossible to tell as obviously all those shots, including clear cuts will still be different kind of chances. Some better and some worse, some taken into tons of space, as any counter attack would be, and vice versa. In theory that one supposedly "clear cut" could have been the biggest chance of all the match. Nobody knows except him who could have taken a look at the play.

There's absolutely no way you would truly regularly drop silly amount of points against such opponent if you aren't contributing to it, and that's 100%. Not going to post all that again. It isn't read nor watched anyway. I'm going out on a roll and predict that if we took a look at your actually team repots in your save showing averages rather than cherry picks we'd find that there's multiple AI sides who convert worse than you. The AI-Guardiola-being-this-flawed-any-newbie-can-outperform-his™ thing. Individually, that's a frustrating match, and that's the thing that belongs here. What's a laugh is when somebody who doesn't even watch a thing spreads that the game would be out to rig players, all the while ridiculing people who are genuinelly trying to help.

Last edited:
Do you also reload whenever your rivals drop points despite having more chances? Aside of obsessing over the clear cuts which are **** and should be taken out of the game (even if they were accurate, they shouldn't be converted statistically at a higher rate of 1 in 3, and there isn't that comically a difference between the class and the average and it's also no coincidence that some relegation contenders have good numbers here, hint, counter attacks): I'm starting to wonder whether outside of Fifa and Pes you watch any football at all or whether that's now just trolling and a wind-up. That's not even an extreme final match stat, that's happening every week, Norwich's lost 0-3 this weekend having 20 shots vs 8, Caen 1-3 at 18 shots vs 4 (against 10 men no less). And purely going by numbers, this would have been at best a 3-1. Because unlike Fifa and PES, FM goes 90 minutes, which means in the long run on average the shot conversion isn't any more than 1 in 10, the shot on target any more than 1 in 3, and so on. Whether it actually is the case impossible to tell as obviously all those shots, including clear cuts will still be different kind of chances. Some better and some worse, some taken into tons of space, as any counter attack would be, and vice versa. In theory that one supposedly "clear cut" could have been the biggest chance of all the match. Nobody knows except him who could have taken a look at the play.

There's absolutely no way you would truly regularly drop silly amount of points against such opponent if you aren't contributing to it, and that's 100%. Not going to post all that again. It isn't read nor watched anyway. I'm going out on a roll and predict that if we took a look at your actually team repots in your save showing averages rather than cherry picks we'd find that there's multiple AI sides who convert worse than you. The AI-Guardiola-being-this-flawed-any-newbie-can-outperform-his™ thing. Individually, that's a frustrating match, and that's the thing that belongs here. What's a laugh is when somebody who doesn't even watch a thing spreads that the game would be out to rig players, all the while ridiculing people who are genuinelly trying to help.

View attachment 158911

I wish i could move threads to the right sections.....

Well again... See how things work in FM...CRAZY!!!
Yes, please come ahead again to blame me...
It's not about blaming anyone. You can receive good advice if you provide information. There's absolutely no context included by just posting match stats. The first game, your team had a very bad game. The other two seem quite a lot more evenly matched and in the 2-2 match, on the surface, it looks like you were unlucky not to have won. The other two matches just looks like you couldn't create anything decent.

In order for anyone to make a proper assessment, you'd need to provide context. Times of the goals and tactic used as a minimum. A pkm would be great too.

Van Tiggelen made a great point about cherry picking matches and then making out as if it's the norm. If it happens once in a while, it's not really an issue. If it's happening often, the problem is with something you're doing.

Last edited:
Talking about cherry picks.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985482/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985603/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985661/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985708/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1063403/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985542/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985596/MatchReport

All from a single season. You would find similarily for any dominating team in any league by "cherry picking" the losses as each of them in tendency will look that way as everybody tries to counter attack them at best in tendency and let them have the ball. The question remains, do you also reload thus if this happens to your rivals? Or is that mighty fine.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1017489/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985492/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985731/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/985749/MatchReport
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1063409/MatchReport

What rubs off additionally in FM that AI underdogs very readily don't risk a ****** thing, conversely to any reasonably aggressive AI or indeed, human manager (moreso with those dreadful downloads with no holding players). As shown on on the last page, they don't push anybody up, what team in football does such for entire matches (as long as it's still 0-0 anyway). If you would go into the data editor, give every AI manager a top heavy formation (4-2-3-1) for attack and defense, give every team the same starting rep (so that there would be no clear-cut underdogs and favorites), you would see how much this influences. Big teams managed by the AI too have an increase in big win margins, as unlike previously, players are pushed up and the big team can break into space upon regaining the ball, rather than them facing scared chicken AI hoping to get away with not too big a loss every week. That might change in a common iteration. However teams dropping points because the final match stats shows them having more shots of whichever quality? No dice. There's a reason above the silly money why football is that popular, which is because it's so unpredictable rather than the better team by default taking the points, as is immediately more likely to happen in any other team sports, and unheard of in high scoring sports. Only in football a single deflected shot can settle a tie completely against any run of play. You'd think a halfway decent game based on it to reflect that somehow.

Last edited:
Back