I can see this thread being derailed soon to something OT, so i'd take the arguments to another thread.

Ta much

At the end of October playing with Real Madrid. Going well in the league aswell as the Champions League, morale is high until my 3rd choice defender Pepe decides that it is time for him to leave the club since he's already won everything with the club, in the middle of the ****** season. When I reject him he goes berserk and complains to the squad which makes my star and Pepe's friend Cristiano Ronaldo mad along with several other key-players. To make things even worse I don't manage to get a win in my three next coming matches which first of all features El Clasico at home (1-3 loss with Ramos and Ronaldo getting the lowest grades) and then go on drawing against Lyon in the CL (1-1) and Eibar(!) in the league (1-1).

Then Manchester United get on my nerves even more when they arrange a future transfer for Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, whom I was hoping to replace Pepe with in January. But since I didn't have any money to spend in October, I could just sit and watch as they secure his transfer.

l1jVJYS.png

I was already sick to death of this halfling constantly winning this award undeservedly, but now it's personal because he's stolen it from my boy :mad:

There are 10 testing leagues on the first tactics page alone... ffs.

Biggest frustration was in a conference game. Took Sutton from relegation zone to 6th and lost out on a playoff spot based off of what was only down to the alphabet. Same goal difference, goals for, goals against, drew both games. Me and a friend went through it and the only difference was alphabetical. Took them from bottom and 14 points off of safety to missing out on playoffs cause of that.

jW01Tn1.png

ok.

Messi is also returning from a 5 month injury and both Neymar and Suarez were injured in the same game.

jW01Tn1.png

ok.

Messi is also returning from a 5 month injury and both Neymar and Suarez were injured in the same game.

I was about to complain about my injury issues but they seem small an insignificant compared to this haha

jW01Tn1.png

ok.

I too have had Messi, Neymar and Suarez all out for 3-4 months at the same time as well.... It's hurts like nothing else at all. I feel your pain.

don't see the point in me, the player of the game, putting in any ******* input into this game when my centre half can't even pass it back to my ******* goalkeeper. Honestly what is the point in playing a game what is full of random bullcunt

Sacked as manager of Southampton in season two, just because the new chairman wanted to bring in his own man. I had finished 8th in season one and was sitting 5th when I got the chop.

So I went to Seattle Sounders in the United States, where it is impossible to sign players, build a squad and remain within the salary cap imposed by the MLS. Got fed-up and resigned on the eve of the new season, having been there for only a month.

Landed at Sheffield Wednesday, who were lower mid-table in the Championship with a fairly large squad that is ripe for being revamped. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain anyone who could hit the rear end of a Boeing 747 with a donkey's banjo (...or something), so having been told to get them into the top half of the table, we are slipping into the relegation fight! 6 matches to go and Wigan Athletic are 5 points behind us, with Millwall and Bristol City sitting in-between. Nottingham Forest and Doncaster Rovers are too far gone - they're going down to League One. The way we're playing, it will be us that join them!

EDIT: ...And players being unsatisfied when I tell them they can leave at the end of the season, even though the end of the season is only a few games away and is the next available transfer window!

Last edited:
did u get humiliated like this or just unlucky loss?

Since FM09 one thing that has annoyed me is strikers who receive a high pass from deep heading it off ahead when they're the most advanced player of the team, that is, they gift the ball away. Never see them trying to control the ball or let it go on to run to it and control it better than giving it renovated speed to go away to the opposing goalkeeper.

Well, today in a key match that could've given my team promotion to Ligue 1 in next match, there's a long ball that is going just pefrect to my left winger to pick and then either cut inside for a medium difficulty chance or have an easy-ish cross for the striker to tap in. THEN THE **$%&"·&"#~¬%& STRIKER DECIDES TO CONTROL THE BALL BEING SURROUNDED BY TWO DEFENDERS!! (You'll say, and it would be reasonable "But if he had two defenders on top, how could your winger have a foreseeable cross for him?" The answer is one of those defenders, the one in the side of the winger would be the one having to go mark the winger since there was no other close enough, so had he let it pass that defender would either keep trying to prevent the cross and the winger would be alone for a promising though not necessarily easy chance or he'd have to abandon the striker to close down the winger and in the process offer a window of opportunity for a fairly easy cross for a probably fairly easy chance.) I was this close to rage quit but luckily kept my head. I even wrote a psychotic rant in the story post, that I deleted before posting.

P.S. - I said never seen a striker trying to control the ball in those situations for sake of dramatic effect, the truth is I've seen three times total since FM09: Peter Crouch in FM10, Nikola Zigic in FM11 and regen Nuno Martinho in FM12. Once each.

Last edited:
did u get humiliated like this or just unlucky loss?

I've played against the unpronounceable Greuther Fürth, away from home, lost 3-1 if I'm nost mistaken...so they've battered us pretty much. :D