This is my first Football manager in 3 years and since then I've apparently lost all ability to play the game. Playing as Manchester United in the champions league qualifiers against CSKA. 1-0 up after home leg, and 2-0 up and cruising at half time in the away game. I decided to bring on some young players go a bit more defensive and proceeded to concede 5 in 1 half WTF.

Arsenal. 4 prem games in. 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses. 7 scored. 10 conceded.

Sitting here currently wondering if i still like these games or not. The sideline information that the assistant managers give you in this is so bad that i'm really hoping there is a way to disable it. He is a ****** defensive coach too, if someone needs marked specifically or closed down then just shout it from the ****** bench then mate - don't pop up a little message that fades after 0.3 seconds and all I managed to read is that so-and-so has too much room and is proceeding to tear us to shreds

Also they need to get their stories straight about whether my team is superior in the air today or whether that one defender the balls travels to like a magnet is. I don't know what kind of game to play if you don't know what kind of story to give

Lastly, when the **** are the defending instructions going to be registered by the centre backs. I set one to stopper and one to cover, with usually tight marking set on the sole striker. The picture in my head is 1 defender sticking tight to the striker and trying to knick the ball away if it comes in, while the other centre back drops off 10 feet to cover anything coming through. The entire match I have Gabriel and Mertesacker standing other side of Benteke a good 5-6 feet away from him any time there is a goal kick launched up field in his direction. After it crosses the half way line, its just a free for all - who can pretend to mark the striker and let him run through the most times

Really not enjoying FM16 thus far

Timo Horn, valued at £18m. Put him on the transfer list, Milan bid £26m. Perfect, yay.

Rejects their contract offer. Aww.

Arsenal interested. Awesome. Offer him to them for £26m.

They bid £1.5m. **** off.

Not blaming the game at all, but it is surely annoying when you have your second striker moan about not playing first team football and your main striker is on 29 goals. How do people handle these situations?

Not blaming the game at all, but it is surely annoying when you have your second striker moan about not playing first team football and your main striker is on 29 goals. How do people handle these situations?

It's based off their Temperament and Professionalism attributes (which are hidden). If they are low, the player will get annoyed at the slightest issue. Sell him, mate. :D

You answered your own question.... suuuuurely? Tell the second striker that?!

I personally love how defenders cant defend at all in any way. I may try playing a 0-5-5 and see how far that gets me, cant possibly concede more goals in the first and last 10 minutes every single ******* game.

I played the beta, where defenders could ******* defend for 90 minutes and not be ******* worthless.

Suso wants more first team action.

Can't give it to him, offer to sell him. He agrees.

Milan come in with a decent bid, slightly above his asking price. I accept.

He rejects their contract offer.

Dortmund offer 1/3 of his asking price. I reject.

Suso angry because I didn't keep my promise.

Seems legit.

Who is his agent and what is that agents relationship with you?

Seems legit.

Seems legit.
******* promises...I bought a player on the condition I'd make him my captain. But when the decision to select my captain comes up I'm told the player in question does not want to be in the running for the captaincy and he isn't on the list. Choose someone else and the player gets ****** because I broke my promise of making him captain. **** sake...

Transfers bid accepted for a large fee for a player, accept it and the i get bombarded with offers less than 10% of the accepted
bid.

2 bids for players turn down both player asks why answer bids where low (which they where) will accept if matches valuation. fine player accepts press next player unhappy promise not kept (no further bids) and the entire squad is up in arms.

Goals from pass backs 5 last minute equalisers in 5 consecutive matches because my centre back passes to their striker in front of my goal. its getting irritating, switching instructions from play it out to lump it forward and from short passing to long makes no difference maddening.

player ratings seem confusing at times, my Cb from what i could tell did nothing wrong all match (clean sheet) and had a rating of 6.0 might be something i'm missing there but seemed odd.

clubs bidding small amounts for players for no reason i.e 3 years on contract not listed first team player 7million value yet i turn down three bids a day for 2million not a major thing but it is annoying

for a long time i couldn't defend then i couldnt score now i can't do either but that might be more me than the game

A couple of frustrations;

Goalkeepers since the beta are having too great an influence on games again like FM15. Too many 8+ ratings.

I literally can't seem to get a single slice of luck, which is doing my head in haha

Seems legit.

This.

The player ratings of ball winning midfielders are a little off I think. For example in my current save I went 300 minutes without conceding, I watch my games on extended and he does his job perfectly, never gives the ball away has a good % passing rate of 80% yet he's always rated 6.6 or 6.5.

i understand a player like that will hardly get plaudits, he doesn't score nor assist but it seems a tad low.

So, this ******* Sofiane Feghouli is starting to **** me off.

I got him on a free, figured I could use him as backup and maybe sell him later for a profit.

He wants to leave, I want him to leave. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong.

He consistently rejects all contract offers from other clubs, always for the same reason: wage.

You wanna play hard ball, mr weird-sounding name guy? You got it.

I put him to train Sweeper position as a Libero role. Individual focus on Leadership. And a PPM to dive into tackles. Oh, and you're in the U21s and are never coming back to the first team. Also, I'm placing you on the loan list because of your "attitude". You don't like that, huh? Tough ****, *******.

And guess what? I'm not even registering you for the Premier League. So even if I get 10 injuries at the same time, your *** will still be in the reserves.

Last edited:
Wish the like button worked. :D

The player ratings of ball winning midfielders are a little off I think. For example in my current save I went 300 minutes without conceding, I watch my games on extended and he does his job perfectly, never gives the ball away has a good % passing rate of 80% yet he's always rated 6.6 or 6.5.

i understand a player like that will hardly get plaudits, he doesn't score nor assist but it seems a tad low.

I think the ratings system in general is a bit off at the moment, unless a player scores a goal or 2 their rating rarely goes above 7 in my experience.

For example I am playing as Man Utd at the moment and I signed Marco Reus, I play him as a right sided a winger and game after game after game he tears their left back to shreds, on extended highlights I watch him dribble past the left back and get either a dangerous cross or through ball into the area, his rating will struggle to reach more than 7.1 or 7.2.

Now, I can switch him to the AML position when I need to rest Depay and play him in my IF role, he will play generally average all game but pop up at the back post for a tap in in the 85th minute and bag himself a 9.0 rating?

Seems to be too much of a focus on goals in the ratings and not enough on dribbles completed and key passes.

I'm not really complaining though, because if my players keep doing their jobs on the field, I don't care what their arbitrary ratings say.

Trying to sign Joe Cole in my leeds save on a 6 month loan only to be told they want me to pay 100% of his wages (around 30k I think) I make a counter offer to pay 40% of his wages which villa reject (fair enough) only about a day or two later sheff united make a loan offer and agree to pay 10% which villa gladly except and he moves to league one...... WTF!!!