So CL semi final vs Bayern, I drew 1-1 at home, they scored in the 89th minute to a fullback back header that went nowhere near my goalkeeper., and Lewan slotted it home.

2nd leg.

3rd minute fullback heads the ball straight into Lewan who is 1 v 1 and in acres of space, slots it under my goalkeeper.

15th minute fullback passes back to my keeper who kicks it at Hjobergs head it trickles into my net, 2-0.

23rd minute fullback passes it nowhere near my keeper, Lewan is 1 v 1 and scores past my keeper who doesn't even move.

30th minute my captain goes 2 footed into Robben, straight red.

Switched it off and won't be playing again.

I'm enjoying this game but my only issue and it's not just this fm but the last few installments is still your striker or whatever is going in on goal but they just run to the by-line and try to shoot from the most ridiculous angle and hit the side net every time, but other than that it's quite good oh and conceding from corners no matter the setup lol.

Playing against a 433 is getting beyond a joke now. They break and have 3 players in the box unmarked even tho I have their strikers marked by my non excistant defenders. Might try a 10-0-0 formation might be able to defend a little bit better !!!!!!!

not sure how exactly every team i managed so far starts to drop in form after 3-4 matches?for absolutely no reason. i mean, why? try to change the tactics-nope, changing TI-nope, changing players-nope. seems like managing LLC this year is an absolute mision impossible. no point in trying anymore at all. and no, i wont watch the entire match, i have a life outside fm, spending 30-45 mins playing just one game is just ludacris.

The defending is beyond A joke, Literally just watching teams walk past my defenders...

Just got beat 6-1 by Sparta Praha (I'm Ajax) and there was nothing i could do! The defending and goalkeeping was much better on the beta.

Im finding that 9 times out of 10 after i score my first goal the opposition either score straight from kick off or at least get a really good chance to score. Bdont think it can be the tactic as its happened with the 4 I've used

i have posted the exact same thing or straight from kick off at the start of the match there is always a goal chance

I will have to agree with these two gentlemen, I am finding this very annoying and I am glad to see I am not the only one who is experiencing this issue

Has anyone else noticed the crazy amount of goals that come from crosses?

Missed penalties is getting really annoying now.... and like someone else said the opposition scoring straight from kick off after you've taken the lead...

So CL semi final vs Bayern, I drew 1-1 at home, they scored in the 89th minute to a fullback back header that went nowhere near my goalkeeper., and Lewan slotted it home.

2nd leg.

3rd minute fullback heads the ball straight into Lewan who is 1 v 1 and in acres of space, slots it under my goalkeeper.

15th minute fullback passes back to my keeper who kicks it at Hjobergs head it trickles into my net, 2-0.

23rd minute fullback passes it nowhere near my keeper, Lewan is 1 v 1 and scores past my keeper who doesn't even move.

30th minute my captain goes 2 footed into Robben, straight red.

Switched it off and won't be playing again.

Sounds like you need to hit the transfer market for a new fullback.

A team with all passing 15+ and most on 18/19 and yet they constantly pass the ball to the opposition which creates a goal scoring opportunity.

The inability for fullbacks to track runners from wide so crosses get volleyed in on a regular basis.

Having your goal keeper on everything possible to keep him on short distribution yet he hoofs it long on a regular basis.

Having five 1 on 1's with their keeper, missing every single one, then they run up the field cut you open and score.

Getting bids rejected then seeing the team accept a bid for £20mil less from someone else.

A player rejecting your contract then seeing them on half the wage at another club.

The same boring things to say pre-match, half-time and full-time.. Come on get some innovation in this department soo boring.

Team meetings have zero functionality, if you want to rip into the team for deciding to play completely terrible for no reason (i.e. winning 4 games on the bounce then loosing 1-0 at home to the bottom team from a lucky shot) they disagree and all you can say is "I get not all of you agree with me" you should be able to say "You lot disgust me and will be sold if you don't start playing to your max ability" etc. They need far more depth.

To name a few.

Totally agree with that point, i think the game needs much more ability for us to give the players 'the hairdryer treatment' after terrible performances, same with private chats too, like when a player has played like 75% of games and complains about lack of game time I'd love to be able to give them the stats, like "we've played 7 games this season, you've started 6 of them, stop being a moron".

The rest of what you say is the life and times of FM unfortunately, just gotta take it on the chin, because the powers that be don't like people that have concerns about the realism of the game.

Team getting upset with me and bringing total morale way down about lack of new faces during preseason... Two weeks before transfer window opens... What?

Oboy, is the "I'm not getting enough games" before just as preseason starts thing happening again?

Last edited:
Speak about -> Warn player -> Criticise last game.
"My performance was excellent. Have you been to the opticians recently?"
Yeah, a great performance all around with your 6.3 and a penalty over the crossbar. GTFO.

Just gonna leave this here. One week until the opener against Liverpool after a completely normal pre-season with lots of rotation going on, No one played more than they should and training wasn't excessively hard. Rekt.
View attachment 207746

Just gonna leave this here. One week until the opener against Liverpool after a completely normal pre-season with lots of rotation going on, No one played more than they should and training wasn't excessively hard. Rekt.
View attachment 989604

injury simulator 2016

11/10 would recommend :'(

on a different note:

playing with a similar, maybe slightly weaker team than mine and in need of a win to keep my chances of avoiding relegation alive. given that this game is broken, i just decided to play the opposite of all logic when you need a win-to play on the counter. at home. because f*** logic. no problemo. somehow leading at HT 2:0, and amazingly-dominating the game with 11-12 shots. again, i'm playing on counter attacks. if your strategy is to play on the counter, i doubt that you'll have that many shots during the entire game, let alone first half. but no biggie. smh...

so-i have a comfortable lead at ht, dominating the game( with direct passing and clearing the ball to flanks XD), and then decide to do only logical thing to do-make the game slower, and put the tactic on defensive. shorter passing and retaining the posession. so, to recapitalise-i went from counter to deffensive.

the final act: 2 goals in 5 mins for them to equalize (one of the goals was from their counter att, because once again-if i play on the defensive that somehow means i play attacking-logic, there is none), and of course.you guessed it-they manage to turn things around in the 85-th min)-2:3. game over.

just clocked 100 hours in the game,and the way things stand right now, i think it will stay at that number. the game is broken.

and no, it's not me, not my tactics, not my ti, not my oi, not my match prep., not my players.

it's the game.

Takeover Bids

Playing as Wolves this FM and am, quite frankly, sick and tired of all these takeover bids. I've played a lot of lower league clubs in 14 and 15 and have never received so many takeover bids that never happen. The most annoying of which made me reload six months worth of game time because everytime I'd try to get some new blood in for the premiereship, I'd be under a transfer embargo.

The last time, I lost the dressing room because, for some completely stupid reason, my team felt I hadn't gotten enough new players in to challenge for safety even though I was under a transfer embargo from late June to mid July and, when I had finally arranged for new transfer, another embargo from Late July to August where the takeover FINALLY happened and then waited another three weeks before the new chairman decided to keep me in place.

For the record, during the while 15/16 season leading up to the 16/17 season, I was placed under four different transfer embargoes. How is that realistic?

not my words, but my thoughts exactly:

"I've been a fan of FM for years and years but this version is awful. The simple way to describe it is it's too hard but not in a challenging way, in a totally unrealistic way. The irony this is supposed to be one of the most realistic simulation games you can get. I'm no newbie to FM so am familiar with the tactics and systems but in this game you are instructed by you assistant to change your style constantly through each match. In real life a team has a style of play, they may change it slightly for certain teams or certain periods of matches but no dramatically. In each game I would be told "retain possesion, play it short" then 5 mins later "hit long balls" it's so random you're not crafting your teams and implementing your style on them, you're just fluffing through each match hoping you win. I gave it two full seasons before quitting forever.
I even downloaded other people's tactics to see if I was just rusty. They would be ok for 2 games them I back to the drawing board. In real life teams don't change styles every 5 games to stay fresh, they adapt and develop but don't have to redefine.
Not only is the above with tactics true but there are other infuriating habits - I went ten games conceding in the last ten mins, normally in injury time. It happens in real life occasionally... twice in a row for a team is very bad luck, five in a row unbelievable, ten times in a row the game loses all credit. This happened even if restarting games and trying different tactics against the same teams. It had no effect.
Another example is penalties. I was awarded 10-12 and scored 2! That would have to be some sort of record. Yet I won 2 penalty shoot outs both against higher opposition when I had hardly any attackers left. It's backwards. The other way round though teams had no problems scoring against me.
Same with red cards, I went from having the cleanest team in the league to the having the worst disciplinary record. Whenever I lost a man I would lose the game (aside from once but I did concede when down to ten men) but when the opposition had a man sent off I never once scored!
As I say it's not hard in a challenging way, it cannot logically be beaten using good tactical sense. It's just playing on luck. Totally unenjoyable."