I was going to order FM 16 aswell today after the rave reviews the beta got. Seems like FM is up to its old tricks of being unplayable until Jan.

hope a fix at least well before jan, always the same old story with this game, sad coz the m.e. pre candidate build in beta was brilliant

Match engine is ******!!! Anyone seen a shot ON target yet??

Is it just this version or were others like it in the past were you sign a player before a window and they automatically take the wage off the wage budget for the player, I remember the transfer budget being taken off but taking wages out when he hasn't signed is a bit odd!?

2 minutes of added time...my DM gets his second yellow at 91:48. Grape job.

Match engine is ******!!! Anyone seen a shot ON target yet??

Getting to grips with team roles and tactics kinda helps. Not much difference from FM15 to how FM16 is currently. Meaning it's easy to create a goal scoring tac, and it's easy to create a solid defensive tac. It's the balance thats challenging, but thats the way it should be.

This is the best FM in recent years and I've probably put in an hour since it came out of beta. Too many good games being released at once!

I didn't have much time to play during the beta phase, and now that the editor is out it is more tempting to create my usual custom database than to actually play and get my first long-term save going... :p

Last edited:
not a rage or frustration tbh but just my thought about the game.

I have seen quite a large number of first time volley finishes from a player running on to a crossed ball.

Personally i think to do such a thing is very hard technically and i feel that this happens quite often in my game and quite unrealistic in relation to real life football

I've never been a fan of this thread, too much unconstructive nonsense, but I tolerate it because it keeps the nonsense in one place. But if people can't watch their language it's going to get permanently shut down and you'll have to find somewhere else to moan.

Last edited:
So FM16 just crashed on me when trying to save a video of a Ruben Rochina 90th minute wondergoal. Not a happy bunny! I'd only played out two draws but I'd made quite a lot of progress transferwise so I'm fairly gutted.

As usual, I'm taking this as a sign from God that I should stop playing it for a few days.

So FM16 just crashed on me when trying to save a video of a Ruben Rochina 90th minute wondergoal. Not a happy bunny! I'd only played out two draws but I'd made quite a lot of progress transferwise so I'm fairly gutted.

As usual, I'm taking this as a sign from God that I should stop playing it for a few days.

I think it was FM 13 where I had quite a few crashes, which made me make it a habit to save the game as often as possible. I've only had a handful of crashes in 14, 15 and 16, but I still save the game almost every other day. It doesn't take many seconds and it's a great feeling when you know you're fine even if it crashes. Might be something to consider.

Im finding that 9 times out of 10 after i score my first goal the opposition either score straight from kick off or at least get a really good chance to score. Bdont think it can be the tactic as its happened with the 4 I've used

Im finding that 9 times out of 10 after i score my first goal the opposition either score straight from kick off or at least get a really good chance to score. Bdont think it can be the tactic as its happened with the 4 I've used

i have posted the exact same thing or straight from kick off at the start of the match there is always a goal chance

the amount of short back passes and penaltys your team gives away are crazy there is atleast one every game

A team with all passing 15+ and most on 18/19 and yet they constantly pass the ball to the opposition which creates a goal scoring opportunity.

The inability for fullbacks to track runners from wide so crosses get volleyed in on a regular basis.

Having your goal keeper on everything possible to keep him on short distribution yet he hoofs it long on a regular basis.

Having five 1 on 1's with their keeper, missing every single one, then they run up the field cut you open and score.

Getting bids rejected then seeing the team accept a bid for £20mil less from someone else.

A player rejecting your contract then seeing them on half the wage at another club.

The same boring things to say pre-match, half-time and full-time.. Come on get some innovation in this department soo boring.

Team meetings have zero functionality, if you want to rip into the team for deciding to play completely terrible for no reason (i.e. winning 4 games on the bounce then loosing 1-0 at home to the bottom team from a lucky shot) they disagree and all you can say is "I get not all of you agree with me" you should be able to say "You lot disgust me and will be sold if you don't start playing to your max ability" etc. They need far more depth.

To name a few.

I have not got a bad thing to say about this game, I love it, its all just the life of football, anything can happen.