How many of you haters have actually managed a professional football team IRL? I'm guessing none.

How many of you haters have actually managed a professional football team IRL? I'm guessing none.

Yes of course, don't let the fact it's a game counter your silly arguement..

Just like all those budding dictators and generals controlling armies/countries in Total War.
Just like all those SAS, SEAL operatives running around shooting people in COD.
Just like all those indestructable italian plumbers who ride dinosaurs in Mario.
Just like all those Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs who die and respawn in World of Warcraft.
Just like all those Talking Foxes who can fly in Star Fox.
Just like all those bright yellow circles who run around eating pills in Pacman.. (well some ravers maybe!)

You get my point. It's a simulator yes, and based on the environement of football management, but it is still a game. It should be enjoyable.

I'm deciding whether to buy FM 16 or not. Sounds like they don't improve the shot accuracy, right?

If it's true, I'll give this one a pass. I don't want every game become a test of patience. In FM 15, my players missed dozens of clear cut chances and half chances each game. In the end, I still won but it's so ridiculous with 50-60 shots each game. XD

Barcelona won 6-1 last night against Roma with just 19 attempts. :S

Im soooooo pisssed off. Played like a 4 hours and scouted and signed players and all that ....... and 1 day before saving (happens in every 3 months) game crashed. And with my Palmeiras game same thing. Soo angry. I dont want to see this ............. It went perfectly and I was winning the league for the first time and now lets go back to the place where we were 3rd 3 months ago. Well f..... that shi.... I wish I never bought this shi....y game. Do we really have to save game so often? Put out the game what works and dont crashes so often.... Such a waste of time. **** I dont know if I even want to try it any more.

Yes of course, don't let the fact it's a game counter your silly arguement..

Just like all those budding dictators and generals controlling armies/countries in Total War.
Just like all those SAS, SEAL operatives running around shooting people in COD.
Just like all those indestructable italian plumbers who ride dinosaurs in Mario.
Just like all those Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs who die and respawn in World of Warcraft.
Just like all those Talking Foxes who can fly in Star Fox.
Just like all those bright yellow circles who run around eating pills in Pacman.. (well some ravers maybe!)

You get my point. It's a simulator yes, and based on the environement of football management, but it is still a game. It should be enjoyable.

I do find it baffling how few people around here seem to understand the concept of game design. I look forward to FM2037, where you'll be able to drink your manager of the month whiskey live in real time with your VR headset, but still won't be able to tell your midfielders to stop both running forwards together. ;)

I do find it baffling how few people around here seem to understand the concept of game design. I look forward to FM2037, where you'll be able to drink your manager of the month whiskey live in real time with your VR headset, but still won't be able to tell your midfielders to stop both running forwards together. ;)

Will the number 10 work as I want it to by then?

So playing as Newcastle, first 2 seasons go well finishing 6th then 5th. Now in 3rd season, lingering in 8th/9th. Almost every game we go a goal up then in the second half my players just give up and we'll lose 2-1. So annoying!! I dont claim to be an expert on the game, but I feel I know a bit about it, but all of a sudden its all gone to **** and nothing I do to try and rectify it is working.

Will the number 10 work as I want it to by then?

Yes, but you will lose the respect of your squad by forgetting to take the loo roll with you on your daily dump simulation and when you call one of the youth teamers in to bring you some, he'll go off and tell the first teamers in an effort to look cool because he has 18, 2, and 20 in the peer pressure, respect and banterbility hidden traits. This will cause a total breakdown in communications and your 10 will go back to playing how he wants.

Penalties! C'mon! So, SI thinks it's more likely to miss than to score... There has to be a penalty bug. Every miss is a shot to the middle of the goal straight to the standing goalkeeper.

Jesus Christ, how unplayable the game is this year...

Last edited:
I just hate that they limit a player's instructions..theres no close down much more for winger and IFs,defensive forward...just sometimes???whattt???
I was expecting freedom in creation tactics and assignments for players..
and they destroyed just to get beauty...
expect that the game is progressing from year to year..
but this year game is regressed for I do not know how many years back..:'(

So playing as Newcastle, first 2 seasons go well finishing 6th then 5th. Now in 3rd season, lingering in 8th/9th. Almost every game we go a goal up then in the second half my players just give up and we'll lose 2-1. So annoying!! I dont claim to be an expert on the game, but I feel I know a bit about it, but all of a sudden its all gone to **** and nothing I do to try and rectify it is working.

same here. absolutely no consistency whatsoever. and by consistency i don't expect my middle table lower league team to go on a 25 game unbeaten run, but at least show a glimmer of hope that after 10-15 games in their 3rd season together they've started to look like a team, playing how i want them to, and if i lose half of the games in the process, i really don't mind. but............no.

i really feel like i'm in a cockpit of an airbus 320, just randomly pressing buttons, trying to save what's little left of the plane. and that coming from a 15 year experience fm series player. why???

Stressful - Game about to be ditched

Too many injuries
Defenders run past the ball when they have all year to control
Players always try impossible shots i.e when another player is right in front of them
Players moan too much

The game is getting to the point that I may stop playing. Where is the enjoyment? SI it might be the most realistic football management game but come on it is only that a game. If I want my beloved team to be the all conquering team in Europe, then so be it! It is actually my game and I want to dream!

The game is getting to the point that I may stop playing. Where is the enjoyment? SI it might be the most realistic football management game but come on it is only that a game. If I want my beloved team to be the all conquering team in Europe, then so be it! It is actually my game and I want to dream!
Then why don't treat it as a game? Don't go about it thinking and trying to act as if you were standing on the sideline, coaching your own team. Play the game as you would play Kirby or Donkey Kong. You're not having people play football, you're playing a game.

Great looking players playing like idiots, 16+ finishing shots like a demented ape.
Way to many shots are off target this year.