Premier Leagues most overated player?

exactly, did you see alan shearer getting assists? the guy was greedy but world class and the top prem scorer ever

Loads of strikers are selfish, Defoe is one of these strikers. He scored goals end of.
yes he scores but he is an animal only player i have ever seen bite another in the premier league

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

exactly, did you see alan shearer getting assists? the guy was greedy but world class and the top prem scorer ever
shearer is an animal too all leicester fans will never forgive him

Not sure what you are talking about.

defoe bit mascherano
shearer booted neil lennon full bore in the face when he was on his knees

yeah competitiveness doesnt make you ****, zidane got over competitive in the world cup 2006 final, was he ****?

yeah competitiveness doesnt make you ****, zidane got over competitive in the world cup 2006 final, was he ****?
i didn't say shearer was **** he is the best player 2 ever play in the premier league i said he was an animal

Anybody who wants to defend Vermaelen should take a look at this

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/09/thomas-vermaelen-arsenal-positional-errors/

most of those goals are issues with Arsenals defense as a whole, not so much Vermaelen.
On the Barceloena game, there was no defensive cover in midfield, you see Vermaelen close the ball down and signal to song to mark Ibrahimovic.

Vermaelen was more of a full back, still learning his trade at centre back, the instinct of a full back is tight marking.

My list:

Almunia
Sagna
Campbell
Vermaelen
Clichy
Walcott
Song
Fabregas
Arshavin
Nasri
van Persie

If that list had played against your lot, we would have romped you again :'(

Anyway, I'll say Barry for me. Has been simply shocking this year, it seems money has made him a worse player. I thought it was a good signing for City but it seems not.

Also, I would like to throw Diaby into question, he has had an awful season. Too slow on the ball and waits until the last possible to pass.

Joe, with youtube videos you say SWP is good. Did you ever watch Berbatov compilation?
Anyways your list is **** as always. FOR Underrated you mention all city players and Overrated you list everyone but city players. How in the world is Van der Sar overrated? He won 2 UCLs, Won penalty shoot out in the final, Even at 40, he is performing week in week out. If there is any keeper who is overrated in EPL, it is surely Given. Cant leave the line to save his ***. He was rated well when he was with Newcastle, but with city everyone thinks he is the second coming. Good shot stopper, nothing else. Cant command his area, cant collect cross, cant kick. Distribution awful.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

How people are saying Carrick is Overrated when half the Mancs dont rate him at all. (6)

For anyone who says Green is overrated: Half the people who *** him, do so because he played for Norwich - like me, for example :D
So...
Macheda
Fletcher
Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Cech
VDS
Foster
Zamora
Bosingwa
Mikel - Total shitehouse
Kalouless
Carrick

alot of chelsea players in their for a so called chelsea fan. you obviously dont know football at all.

i dont see how mikel is overated hardly knowone rates him in the first place.

Absolutely no idea how you can say that Reina isn't up to Liverpool standards, he's an incredible keeper and a great influence to the other players on and off the pitch.

Tough one, but overrated for me would probably be Walcott and Barry.

People saying Reina and Fabregas as overrated should get their headschecked.

Rio Ferdinand... He only looks good wen Vidic Plays well they praise him to much ...

Don't even start me:

Sean Wright-Phillips
Gareth Barry
Dimitar Berbatov
Emmanuel Adebayor
Abou Diaby
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Nicklas Bendter
Michael Carrick
Alberto Aquilani
Jermain Defoe
Wes Brown
Yossi Benayoun
Younes Kaboul
Andrew Johnson
Michael Ballack
Paulo Ferreira
Petr Cech
Michael Kightly
Nicholas Anelka (He has improved a heck of alot, but still overrated)
Gomes (Had a more consistent season but still overrated)
Ledley King
Wayne Bridge

Last edited:
Frank fatboy Lampard

very biassed opinion being a Manc lover, but seriously.. he's got NOTHING on Gerrard... if i had a nickname for him it would be -

"Mr Hit-and-hope"

Here we go, my long list

Darren Fletcher
Martin Skrtel
Gomes
Peter Crouch
Christian Benitez
Roque Santa Cruz
Kenwyne Jones
John Carew
Carlos Cuellar
Edwin Van Der Sar
Wes Brown
Michael Kightly
Yakubu
Andy Johnson
Ryan Nelsen
Theo Walcott
Emile Heskey

I disagree with the barry comments, hes been one of our best players this season, but we all have our own opinions

you include cuellar but dont put lescott or bridge in there? :S
cuellar is brilliant for us and has had an excellent season, the only time he looks anything less is when he plays at right back - which isnt his natural position. the dot on his RB position fm would be VERY red when putting cuellar at right back!!!

OVER RATED's :

Valencia, Nani, Brown, Giggs, Berbatov, Lescott, Bridge, Kompany, Barry, De Jong, Adebayor, Rosicky, Diaby, BENDTNER*, REINA*, Kuyt, G. Johnson, Aquilani, Insua, P. Ferreira, Ballack, A.Cole, Anelka, Gomes, CROUCH*, Lennon, Heskey, Zamora.

theres probly other ones I cannot stand, but have forgotten to mention!

Back