Premier Leagues most overated player?

Frank fatboy Lampard

very biassed opinion being a Manc lover, but seriously.. he's got NOTHING on Gerrard... if i had a nickname for him it would be -

"Mr Hit-and-hope"

how many players do you know that guarrentees you 20+goals from CENTRE midfield. so its more Mr hit and succeed really mate.

okay here goes my long list :P

Yakubu - so slow and is distaster in 1 on 1 situations
Anelka - he's got speed but he never uses it and he has got a big head dont know why he dowsnt use it - i mean he should look around and be more creative with passes.:S
Carrick - Some people say his pass game is one of the best in the world ....... wait a minute .... WHAT !?!?
Carlos Cuellar - Can't cross and its his biggest minus. Everything nice ... Villains are striking ..... pass game on the edge of the box .... then pass to Cuellar to give a cross down town and then ...... Nice new Jabulani out of the stadium ..... oO)
Heskey - I just dont know what Cappello finds of him and dont want to talk about him .....:)
And of Course - Berbatov -How the **** can he cost this much ?!?!?! I mean there's no partner of him for Wayne! ONCE on his whole ManU career he has done something beautiful and that was an assist for Cris. And that's all.Was a great prospect he was in Tottenham but he should have stayd there or otherwise he wouldn't be in my list right now ......

Thought i'd do the opposite of the underated player.
IMO it's gotta be José Manuel Reina, i am a Liverpool fan, but not a fan of Reina.

he is like your most consistent player ahead of even Gerrard and Torres this season

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Walcott

it was brilliant watching spurs v gunners and the yiddos were chanting 'your just a **** aaron lennon' made me chuckle

Fletcher
Lampard
BENDTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carlton Cole

There are to many that annoy me or that i would class as overrated so im going to stop before i get upset thinking about it haha

Ashley Young.
Wow, he's class at Aston Villa! I don't think he's overrated, since he attracted interest of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

My list:
Adebayor,
Barry,
Gerrard. (his recent performances are low)

Ashley Young is not over-rated whatsoever. Altho he is not our best player + is very greedy at times

i think that steven gerrard is a very overated player, especially emile heskey he is ****

Have to agree with Jamrocker..
Downing is increibly overrated IMO. Never seen him do anything special ever, except be left footed and English at the same time :O

Disagree with Park though, very consistant and important to how we play away from home.

Emile Heskey
Theo Walcott
Nani
Joleon Lescott
Edwin van der Sar

I don't see how Carlos Cuellar is overrated,infact,he's more or less the opposite.

Looking at how he's been a rock at both right back and centre back for Villa two seasons running shows how he's one of the best players in the Premier League and is part of one of the toughest defences to beat in the league,up there with Man United,Chelsea and,err,Tottenham :D

Theo Walcott
Pepe Reina
Steven Gerrard
Glen Johnson
Gareth Barry
John Terry
Emile Heskey

OVER RATED's :

Valencia, Nani, Brown, Giggs, Berbatov, Lescott, Bridge, Kompany, Barry, De Jong, Adebayor, Rosicky, Diaby, BENDTNER*, REINA*, Kuyt, G. Johnson, Aquilani, Insua, P. Ferreira, Ballack, A.Cole, Anelka, Gomes, CROUCH*, Lennon, Heskey, Zamora.

theres probly other ones I cannot stand, but have forgotten to mention!

WTF Giggs? Why the **** is he overrated? He had never been rated outside England, and had never ever won any individual awards other than the PFA last season and the young player awards that was won when he is still a teen. Despite all that he had a truckload of medals under his belt, had been starting for Man Utd since he was a teen and the team had been winning trophies after trophies without stopping. And yet he is overrated? He had like 30 medals under his name.

And how is Nani, Bendtner, Reina and Lennon overrated? Especially Nani and Bendtner. They are basically being slated everytime by the fans and the media. They had been on form recently, and are getting the praises they deserves, and yet they are overrated? They had been laughed at and bashed by every single person. Everyone laughs at Nani for being a Ronaldo-wannabe and Bendtner for his ability to miss sitters after sitters.

WTF Giggs? Why the **** is he overrated? He had never been rated outside England, and had never ever won any individual awards other than the PFA last season and the young player awards that was won when he is still a teen. Despite all that he had a truckload of medals under his belt, had been starting for Man Utd since he was a teen and the team had been winning trophies after trophies without stopping. And yet he is overrated? He had like 30 medals under his name.

And how is Nani, Bendtner, Reina and Lennon overrated? Especially Nani and Bendtner. They are basically being slated everytime by the fans and the media. They had been on form recently, and are getting the praises they deserves, and yet they are overrated? They had been laughed at and bashed by every single person. Everyone laughs at Nani for being a Ronaldo-wannabe and Bendtner for his ability to miss sitters after sitters.

Giggs is over-rated for exactly that reason. Why the **** did he win PFA last season? He is now old and slow, and doesnt even start every game for utd. It was time for him to retire 2 years ago.

Nani, Bendtner are over-rated as anyone. Bendtner plays nearly every game for Arsenal, and I havent a clue why, he is apalling. Funnily enough, he is also his own biggest fan, which amazes me as he has clearly never watched MOTD!! Nani = Stepover, poor crosses + 7 dives. That sums up a 90min game for him. Reina? have you seen how many mistakes this joker makes? from his very strange passes to defenders at the wrong time, to actually running with the ball which ive seen him do 2-3 times, yet is rated as one of prem's best?????
Lennon is rated by all as a sure-fire for world cup... All he does is run. Absolutely no end product at all. He and Walcott are very similar, but for me Walcott is better. (H)

Berbatov. He aint worth 30 grand, let alone 30 million. Most overrated piece of ***** ever.

WTF? Carra?! He got dropped from England. Somehow hes a lot better than rio , infact rio's average hes made to look good by the media and JT or NV. Carragher has been the most consistent center half in the champions league since 2005?! Quit yo jibba jabba. IMO anyway.

rio ferdinand gets rated alot and many people say his the best centre back in the prem but i reckon terry and vidic are both better then him

Rio is miles better than Terry who has been utter rubbish this season apart from scoring against United. Rio has been injured thats all. And rio don't go f*****g his ex team mates ex girl

Most overated is Fat Frank he is rubbish for his country never gonna forget how many chances he had in 2006 World Cup and how many he missed

402px-Lamparduy2tl8.jpg

Last edited:
Back