Prepared: The Aston Villa Guide

Cheers mate, inspired me to start a Villa save. ^^)

Worked well so far getting some decent results. Once again, thanks :D

Ashley Young is unhappy because he wants to move to a bigger club. Leading my Champion's League group, having thrashed Bayern. Also just a point off the pace in the league, and he wants me to improve the club's standing? >.<

Ashley Young is unhappy because he wants to move to a bigger club. Leading my Champion's League group, having thrashed Bayern. Also just a point off the pace in the league, and he wants me to improve the club's standing? >.<

Good results on your save. Young's a stroppy git, he tends to do that all the time.

Good results on your save. Young's a stroppy git, he tends to do that all the time.

Yeah he's done it twice now but his morale hasn't dropped, don't want to lose him since my results tend to go **** up when he's out :'(

Going to get rid of Ireland in January I think he's playing almost as awful as IRL. Going to get Hamsik in or another ball winner to play next to NRC, and move Poli up to CM. Decisions, decisions..

EDIT: Argh, Poli out for 3 months.

Last edited:
GodCubed @ got a question, Would David Bentley (from Tottenham) fit as right winger in Aston VIlla because allways wanted to try out a deep 4-2-3-1 with Downing - Young - Bentley with Carew or Heskey on top and give them lots of crossin's "so that they can use their heads"???

Top of the league at the end of January, stormed my CL group dropping just 4 points, and now every top club is in for my players :( R.Madrid and Arsenal are looking to break Elia's release clause just 6 months after joining, Arsenal, United, Spurs all want Young. Everyone seems to be after Cuellar and Dunne, and the biggest joke of all - Inter want Ranocchia 6 months after I bought him from them! Literally half my team sheet has a "Wnt" icon :(

Will update with some screenies when I'm on tomorrow, Young is on fireee. <3

GodCubed @ got a question, Would David Bentley (from Tottenham) fit as right winger in Aston VIlla because allways wanted to try out a deep 4-2-3-1 with Downing - Young - Bentley with Carew or Heskey on top and give them lots of crossin's "so that they can use their heads"???

Yeah, can't see why not.

Bentley fits, the more worrying thing is your usage of Heskey.

For the right wing cover (As I improved Albrighton on the editor to a level I felt he warranted) I bought Jonathan Legear, only £2m and has what I think are decent stats, i'll post a screenshot tomorrow morning, just closed FM.

Last edited:
Finished my first season in a disappointing 8th position. However, Agbonlahor finished top goal scorer with 25 from 32 games and Ireland topped the assist chart. Finished as sexond highest scorers in the league, but conceded far too many goals. Something that needs to be addresses if I'm to do better in the next season.
Any advice with regards to defensive tactics?

For the right wing cover (As I improved Albrighton on the editor to a level I felt he warranted) I bought Jonathan Legear, only £2m and has what I think are decent stats, i'll post a screenshot tomorrow morning, just closed FM.

Be careful with him, he's been horrendous with Injuries for me. When he plays well and injury free he's amazing (4 Goals in his first 2 Prem matches in one Game I had him) but he gets injured so easily :'(

Be careful with him, he's been horrendous with Injuries for me. When he plays well and injury free he's amazing (4 Goals in his first 2 Prem matches in one Game I had him) but he gets injured so easily :'(

I've not had an injury with him yet, he's been homesick, i've had to give him leave of absence once already and it's only November 2010 :(
He's not been in great form so far for me

Great guide man, just a few questions.. Does it matter what patch its on, and what should i do with team instructions, passing style and whatever?

Great guide man, just a few questions.. Does it matter what patch its on, and what should i do with team instructions, passing style and whatever?

I'd definitely get the new patch, team instructions and passing style depend on tactic, but I use Direct passing to great effect.

What's your tactic at the moment?
It depends on whether I'm playing home or away and the quality of opposition.
For home games / games against "easy" teams:
GK
DR DC DC DL
DM
CM
AMR AML
ST ST

For away games/ games against tough teams:
GK
DR DC DC DL
DM
MC MC
AMR AML
ST
Or sometimes I even drop one of the CM's back to DM.

I skimmed through it and it looks reall impressivealthough it may be neater to break the playercatgories into sub-categories like

Full Backs

Defensive Mids

Attacking Mids

I'd definitely get the new patch, team instructions and passing style depend on tactic, but I use Direct passing to great effect.

Ya cheers man, i think i'll get the new patch.. Can't seem to sign anyone he recommended and can sell **** all, plus i don't have Robert Pires :(