Well now I have reached the critical time in the game where I am thoroughly not enjoying playing. Struggling desperatly in the Premeirship

Defence is a shambles - my defence not the tactics fault.

Ehh… have you strengthen the team somehow after promotion? Because average CA of default Middleborough is about 115 CA and it's 10-15 CA less then Crystal Palace weakest tem in EPL so in this case the best you can hope for it finish somewhere bottom table. I'm sure you will avoid relegation without problem.

hey mate sorry I write and ask. but can not find what training must be on before the start of the season and postseason start

Match Training.

During pre-season 50% "Tactics Only".

It requires to play about 11 - 12 friendly matches at first season in order to get the tactic's familiarity about 70-80% fluid at the begging of the first season. In second season it requires much less friendly matches to play.

When Tactic's Familiarity reaches about 90% fluidity then change Match Training for 50% "Att. Movement."

General Training.

General Training is responsible for player's development.

I prefer to have it set for "Tactics" because it develops mental attributes which can be useful for any position.

Or "Team Cohesion" if I want to boost players morale, especially can be useful if you have losing run.

Last edited:
Match Training.

During pre-season 50% "Tactics Only".
It requires to play about 11 - 12 friendly matches at first season in order to get the tactic?s familiarity about 70-80% fluid at the begging of the first season. In second season it requires much less friendly matches to play.

When Tactic's Familiarity reaches about 90% fluidity then change Match Training for 50% "Att. Movement."

General Training.

General Training is responsible for player's development.

I prefer to have it set for "Tactics" because it develops mental attributes which can be useful for any position.

Or Team Cohesion if I want to boost players morale.
Why don't you post a SS of your training in the OP mate so people wont ask, well maybe not

I've updated "Tips" section and added this:

6) Here's some tips how to minimize sending off probability in match: If you see that someone of your players is booked, especially it's important if Full Back, Central Defender or Defensive Midfielder is booked, because these positions have highest probability to be booked again.

So here's what you can do:

- Just substitute booked player.

- Add "Ease Off Tackles" PI for this player and remove all "Hard Tackles" from OI.

Probably you can just ignore if someone from attack is booked because the probability he will be booked again is minimal.

hey totalfootballfan9 ..

i want to ask..

can you give advice if i play with real madrid.
use the standart or mirror ??

and must i put ronaldo in winger and bale in ss for standart ?

and can you give me some name to back-up bale/ronaldo for winger?
i got di maria to back up ronaldo but dunno for ss/bale ?

i also want to rid arbeloa so can you give me name for back up carvahal ??

sorry too many question for you.. and sorry my bad english..
hope you understand my question.

hey totalfootballfan9 ..

i want to ask..

can you give advice if i play with real madrid.
use the standart or mirror ??

and must i put ronaldo in winger and bale in ss for standart ?

and can you give me some name to back-up bale/ronaldo for winger?
i got di maria to back up ronaldo but dunno for ss/bale ?

i also want to rid arbeloa so can you give me name for back up carvahal ??

sorry too many question for you.. and sorry my bad english..
hope you understand my question.
Why don't you let TFF play your whole save? Some guys, seriously...

i just new in FM and new in using another person tactic..

is it wrong if i ask sir ?
No sir, but you can find the answer of some questions already in the opening post of this thread, ie you should use the standard version if you are to play CR7 on the wing him being right-footed (mentioned in OP). You already have decent backups for SS, Morata, you got Jese who turns out to be great, Di Maria is also there so is Isco... I understand your question about which version to use, but when it comes to players, you are the Manager... He also made a good work of releasing a player filter, which should make it easier for you searching players. Do you know how to use it?

As we speak I also don't understand your idea to play Bale as a SS, it would be a complete waste of his pace... But, your decision.

Last edited:
No sir, but you can find the answer of some questions already in the opening post of this thread, ie you should use the standard version if you are to play CR7 on the wing him being right-footed (mentioned in OP). You already have decent backups for SS, Morata, you got Jese who turns out to be great, Di Maria is also there so is Isco... I understand your question about which version to use, but when it comes to players, you are the Manager... He also made a good work of releasing a player filter, which should make it easier for you searching players. Do you know how to use it?

As we speak I also don't understand your idea to play Bale as a SS, it would be a complete waste of his pace... But, your decision.

thank you very much on your answer. like i just said. it's my 1st time to use another person tactic. so, i just want to know.
i really appreciate your answer. :)

and yes, i dunno how to use player filter.

If you are to use it, once you downloaded it put in "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/filters" folder. In game, click on the arrow besides your name, Search --> Players. On the right there's a filter button, click it and choose "Manage Filters". A popup appears where you choose to import. Choose the files you just copied in your folder, and select them. If you click on filter now, there should be filters for every position and if you choose one it should start searching players, filtered by position and the required attributes for the position choosed.

If you have filtered players out by, let's say maximum 80 players for a position (you can choose up to 500) mark them and select "Get Scout Report", to see how good they are overall and to know what you have to pay. Well that's how I do. You might have a look at FMRTE or FM Genie Scout, these are apps that give you a further inside of how good a player is and can become to be, some people consider it cheating but if you are new it might be a big help.

Hi tff do you really think v3 is better then v1? Imo v1 seems to be stronger and score a lot of more goals. But i would like to know your opinion about that

Would it make much difference to any of the tactics if i turned play offside off? Im playing in League 2, been promoted from Skrill North in consecutive seasons. So my defence is a rubbish. Often i get caught with balls over the top or balls in between the FB & CB. So i wondered if turning play offside off would make a difference to my attacking and defending at all?

What the heck happened?

I Think it is safe to say that this tactic kinda works for me now :)

whats the old PPM situation?........the more detail the better because this is best tactic I have used in FM 2014......keet it up

Back