Putting Isle Of Wight On The Map

• Thread starter Thread starter Hush Baby
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 279
  • Views Views 33K
January and February have been great. Firstly I am through to the final of the Hampshire Senior Cup so there's still a chance of making it 3 cups in 3 years.

In the league the team has gone from strength to strength. We are now in 6th place and the posibility of reaching the playoffs looks real. I don't think I'll be able to do enough in the last 2 months to gain automatic promotion.

View attachment 28598

View attachment 28599

View attachment 28600

View attachment 28601

Pushing for the play-offs mate....Hopefully you'll get there

A few wins and you will be up there! Good luck.

We've gone into April needing to win every game and hoping that other results go our way. Even if we win every game we might not get into the playoffs as all the top teams are playing well.

April couldn't have got off to a better start with a 6-0 win over Wimborne followed by a 5-0 win over Brachnell. A 3-0 win over Yate meant that we were sitting in 6th place and had to win our final game with the two teams above us losing in order to get into the playoffs.

Next up came the Hampshire Senior Cup Final. I wasn't expecting anything from this game as we were playing a team from a higher division. I couldn't believe it when we forced extra time with a goal a piece. With nothing to lose I told the players top go for it and we were rewarded with an extra time win. That means 3 cups in 3 seasons.

The season wasn't over yet we still had to try to get into the playoffs. We won our last game 2-1 against Bridgewater but was it enough?

View attachment 28658

View attachment 28659

Yes we made it into the playoffs, I can't believe it. All the results went our way and we finished the season in 4th place. It has been an unbelievable season. After the first few months I wasn't expecting much and it has been an uphill struggle all the way. To get into the playoffs and win the Hampshire Senior cup has been amazing. This is one of the best seasons I have played in my 17 years of playing Football/Championship Manager. I've bought my laptop to work and am hoping to play the playoffs at lunchtime so hopefully an update will follow later today.

you beat EASTLEIGH in the Hampshire Senior Cup Final. That is an achievement. Congratulations on getting to the play-offs. torpoint should be the easiet game there probably

How you did that, I don't know! Amazing stuff. Keep up the good work. (H)

Mate what can I say......What do you work as just ao I know if ur bunking anything good :L

you beat EASTLEIGH in the Hampshire Senior Cup Final. That is an achievement. Congratulations on getting to the play-offs. torpoint should be the easiet game there probably

How you did that, I don't know! Amazing stuff. Keep up the good work. (H)

Cheers for the comments lads. I don't know how we did it we just managed to hang in there. My tactics are working pretty well for me and I have some good players for this level. Things are just working out just right at the moment.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Mate what can I say......What do you work as just ao I know if ur bunking anything good :L

I've got a boring job but it pays well. Work for a printers in the data department.

Can you post your tactics on the website.......I have 2 go 2 school so Anything's better than that

Can you post your tactics on the website.......I have 2 go 2 school so Anything's better than that

I can look to post them but I don't think they are anything special they are just working for my team. It's just a standard 4-4-2 formation.

The playoffs are here and we have been drawn against AFC Portchester in the semis. There is a bit of history between our clubs as we have both moved up the ranks of the leagues together. Over the past 3 years they have had the better results but we came out 2-1 winners this time round. It's a shame we will be in different leagues next year as we have had a good rivalry between the clubs. They looked good to win the league at one stage as well.

Into the final and we have been drawn against Bashley. Another 2-1 win see's us promoted into level 7 football. What a year it has been.

View attachment 28699

I have been approached by Fulham to become their manager. It is a tempting offer as they are a Prem side still but I want to keep going with the challange of getting East Cowes into league football.

View attachment 28701

****........That is amazing :L :P.....well done mate.....you should've accepted it.....well done on promotion again.....and ur tactics must be special

Back