Putting Isle Of Wight On The Map

• Thread starter Thread starter Hush Baby
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 279
  • Views Views 33K
****........That is amazing :L :P.....well done mate.....you should've accepted it.....well done on promotion again.....and ur tactics must be special

Yeah I'm well pleased with the progress so far. Didn't want the Fulham job I'm enjoying the challenge to much. Find managing top flight teams boring unless I got them there.

thanks for continuing the challenge. I think everyone wants to suceed at this challenge, certainly was the final reason I dropped $40 on the game.

Possibly not an Isle of Wight team but a level 10 UK team. Don't know who I will try when game arrives Friday.

thanks for continuing the challenge. I think everyone wants to suceed at this challenge, certainly was the final reason I dropped $40 on the game.

Possibly not an Isle of Wight team but a level 10 UK team. Don't know who I will try when game arrives Friday.

I was going to say play as you're local level 10 team but as you paid in $ I'm guessing you're not from England.

It's the start of the 4th season and level 7 football is waiting for us. I'm very pleased with the pre season friendlies, mostly good results. I tend to play 2 different teams in each half to see which players are working well in order to decide who will be my first choices for league matches. I have signed some really good players this year to strenghten the squad. A couple of these will probably make their way into the first team lineup.

Here are screenshots of the current financial situation, transfers so far this season and the friendly results.

I was going to say play as you're local level 10 team but as you paid in $ I'm guessing you're not from England.

USA-USA-USA lol

From Tennessee. I do not have much of a football background, well none really. But I enjoy this franchise. Not knowing anything about professional football is really an advantage as I have very little clue the way things should be - lol I last purchased this franchise as WWSM2007 and was fine with that until I read about the real lower league options in FM10. Forced me to get off the wallet it did

I like your strategy of using seperate teams during the friendles. Do you sub the goalie as well?

I noticed you have 5% Transfer budget. Does this mean you will be buying some talent?

well FM10 arrived in the mail today, but I did not have time to install it. Soccernomics arrived as well but Inverting the Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics is backordered. I know this real world stuff is mostly not directly applicable, but I do not have the from the cradle football knowledge that you guys and gals have. Heck I even have to use an English to American translator to figure out some of the screens - lol

USA-USA-USA lol

From Tennessee. I do not have much of a football background, well none really. But I enjoy this franchise. Not knowing anything about professional football is really an advantage as I have very little clue the way things should be - lol I last purchased this franchise as WWSM2007 and was fine with that until I read about the real lower league options in FM10. Forced me to get off the wallet it did

I like your strategy of using seperate teams during the friendles. Do you sub the goalie as well?

I noticed you have 5% Transfer budget. Does this mean you will be buying some talent?

well FM10 arrived in the mail today, but I did not have time to install it. Soccernomics arrived as well but Inverting the Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics is backordered. I know this real world stuff is mostly not directly applicable, but I do not have the from the cradle football knowledge that you guys and gals have. Heck I even have to use an English to American translator to figure out some of the screens - lol

It's great to see football manager catching on the other side of the pond. Good luck with whichever team you choose to be. Don't forget if you want the real lower league experience you need to download the superbladesman leagues. There's a link to it somewhere in this thread.

Yeah I sub the goalie in the friendlies as well but my backup keeper probably won't get a look in during competative games because my number has been very solid the last three years.

Won't be paying for any talent still can only get free transfers. The 5% is the amount I get to keep in the transfer kitty if I sell any of my owm players. At this level you don't really want to pay hard cash for players. It's much better to bring in some free talent and there's plenty of it out there if you look in the right places.

And so the story continues. We are now in the Isthmian Premier Division. This is one step below the Blue Square North/South. We got off the a great start of the season drawing our first game then winning the following two. This is a much better start than last year. I feel the new players I have bought in have really added something to the team and we are a much stronger force now. Saying that I don't expect an easy ride all season.

September gave me another win iin the league but two defeats. We are sitting in 12th place but I am comfortable with that.

View attachment 29354

View attachment 29355

View attachment 29356

View attachment 29357

woah, just catching up with this, this is extraordinary

Haven't commented on this yet, but I've been following it for a while now, looks good so far, keep it up!

We played lots of games in December. We were knocked out of the Isthmian League Cup which was disapointing. This means we are noe out of all the cups this season. We had 8 league games this month with 3 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. All in all not a very good month. We also got thrashed 6-0 by maidstone which is the worst defeat we have had in the four seasons so far.

The month ended with what could well be a board take over. The chairman is looking to step down and it looks like one of the other directors could take his place.

View attachment 29816

View attachment 29817

View attachment 29818

The take over has fallen through but it looks like our chairman is still open to offers. Don't think a takeover at this level will mean much. We aren't going to get an Arabian billionaire giving us loads of money.

February has been a great month with 4 league games and 4 wins. This now puts us in with a chance of promotion through the playoffs.

View attachment 30506

View attachment 30507

View attachment 30508

Another one of those massive defeats in March, this time a 5-0 thrashing from Solihull Moors. They are sitting top of the league and are the team to beat. We only managed one win this month with the rest of the results going to very close 2-2 draws. Still sitting in 5th with 4 games to go and will have to make sure every game counts to ensure a position in the playoffs.

View attachment 30511

View attachment 30512

it is soo close up there. play-off position possible

just been reading this thread for about an hour and I am hooked on it haha.. I think I am guna start wid my local team Cheltenham Saracens and see how well i can do.. Great story tho keep it up cant wait to see if u make play offs :D GOOD LUCK

USA-USA-USA lol

dont think ive ever heard of anyone on here reading up on real life tactics. hopefully it should give you a good understanding mate :D if not there are loads of people on here who can help you out. Welcome to FM10.

This is quality. Following all the way. I myself am competing with Warlingham and just been promoted to level 8 but i wont take the shine away from Hush Baby's story. Deseperate to see how that season finished! lol

Back