Raikan007's Complete Madness 433 DM tactic Fm13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 585
  • Views Views 210K
that is frustrating! the set pieces have been set up properly to avoid this..

I suggest just setting match prep to defend set pieces for at least a month or two

are you winning the games? how is the football?

I have already switched my focus to defending set pieces the past few games so I hope it makes some sort of difference soon because I'm sick of my life.

I have only played 4 or 5 games with your tactic but the football has been ok so far. Results not so much. I have gotten a few draws and a few losses and only 1 win unfortunately but I am still fairly happy with the play overall. There was a game where I was 2-0 up at half time and went on to lose 4-2, I have no idea how as they had only 1 real chance. Inevitably they scored 2 from set pieces and one on the counter where their right winger hit a cross over to their left back who was unmarked at the far post.

I think the fact that I'm 23rd in the league with okay to poor morale is not helping and all the luck seems to be going against me. I just hope I don't get sacked before I get a chance to turn it around!

i know you posted a PPM guide, but what are YOUR recommendations for each position ? obviously youd like different settings for the CMs and your striker? should the CML dictate tempo and play killer balls? should both ? etc.

Also, wouldnt it be beneficial for certain role training ? for example wouldnt it be better for the CML and CMR to have specific role training despite them both being a CM role? for example a BBM and a DLP? or something different?

Last edited:
i know you posted a PPM guide, but what are YOUR recommendations for each position ? obviously youd like different settings for the CMs and your striker? should the CML dictate tempo and play killer balls? should both ? etc.

Also, wouldnt it be beneficial for certain role training ? for example wouldnt it be better for the CML and CMR to have specific role training despite them both being a CM role? for example a BBM and a DLP? or something different?

yeah I did mate, I do have my own suggestions, was just not in the mood to make a long thread, do too many of them :P

yes of course mate, but that is what you need to do as the manager, CMR would be B2B and the CML would be DLP/BWM :)

I tell you what, I will make a PPM guide for this exact tactic in the OP :) give me a couple of hours though :)

Raikan007’s PPM Guide to Complete Madness 433 Dm:
Below I will list the most important PPM’s your players should have in a sliding scale from most important to least important, having at least two of the top 3 will be very beneficial to your players when using this tactic…

Striker:

• Runs with ball through centre
  • Places shots
  • Goes around keeper
  • Tries first time shots
  • Beats offside trap
  • Moves into channels

Wingers:

• Runs with ball often
  • Knocks balls past opponent
  • Tries killer balls
  • Dribbles down (left/right flank)

CMR

• Tries killer balls
  • Plays one two’s (learnt only through tutoring)
  • Gets forward whenever possible
  • Shoots with power (optional)

CML

• Tries killer balls
  • Comes deep to get the ball
  • Dictates tempo
  • Shoots with power (optional)

DM

• Marks opponents tightly
  • Stays back at all times
  • Short simple passes

Fullbacks

• Marks opponents tightly

this was posted in the OP as requested :)

yeah I did mate, I do have my own suggestions, was just not in the mood to make a long thread, do too many of them :P

yes of course mate, but that is what you need to do as the manager, CMR would be B2B and the CML would be DLP/BWM :)

I tell you what, I will make a PPM guide for this exact tactic in the OP :) give me a couple of hours though :)

thanks alot. helps :)

one more question regarding the defensive mid. i know you stated in the OP what kind of player he is, so i should ignore the role being an anchor man and look for a natural defensive mid? also training wise. you see i ask those questions because im doing the talent factory challenege, and i need very precise tuition for my playeres, i cant get what i want so i need to make it :)

one more question regarding the defensive mid. i know you stated in the OP what kind of player he is, so i should ignore the role being an anchor man and look for a natural defensive mid? also training wise. you see i ask those questions because im doing the talent factory challenege, and i need very precise tuition for my playeres, i cant get what i want so i need to make it :)

any defensive mid with good work rate, teamwork, stamina, tackling, marking is what is needed, being an anchor man usually adds a bit of height to the equation, so having a tall player that is good at heading/jumping is a much better option if you can :) acts as an extra CB as well

yes, train specifically as a defensive mid as the player also needs to keep the ball moving and needs to be able to pass

I tried this tactic...are you serious?! This tactic is good!

It was easy match against resereves, but what a style...really beautifull and i am not even familiar with tactic.

Oh yeah...when to use shouts? When is tactic familiar and at the start of the match?

Last edited:
haha, i guess im gonna ask one more question. when down to 10 men, you said drop the CMs to DM (what roles?) so playing with 3 DMs and the striker to the position that got the red card? so that would mean im playing without the striker? a SS would be nice if you have one.

What do i do if im chasing a goal?

I tried this tactic...are you serious?! This tactic is good!

It was easy match against resereves, but what a style...really beautifull and i am not even familiar with tactic.

Oh yeah...when to use shouts? When is tactic familiar and at the start of the match?

nice mate :) glad its going well, more updates?

haha, i guess im gonna ask one more question. when down to 10 men, you said drop the CMs to DM (what roles?) so playing with 3 DMs and the striker to the position that got the red card? so that would mean im playing without the striker? a SS would be nice if you have one.

What do i do if im chasing a goal?

this is for the newer TC version...

make them both DM - Defend leave player instructions as is

well it depends if you are in the lead or chasing? if you are ahead drop to DM's if you are drawing or losing and the striker has been sent off, take the DM to striker position

nice mate :) glad its going well, more updates?

I go slowly...match to match. I have few concerns...i want to play on left side as inside forward(el shaarawy) and midfield should be tweaked. I have many ballwining midfielders, so i think that instead of CM(support) should be there ballwininng(support) and maybe advanced playmaker(attack) instead of central midfielder(attack)

I need some suggestions :)

I play with milan.

I go slowly...match to match. I have few concerns...i want to play on left side as inside forward(el shaarawy) and midfield should be tweaked. I have many ballwining midfielders, so i think that instead of CM(support) should be there ballwininng(support) and maybe advanced playmaker(attack) instead of central midfielder(attack)

I need some suggestions :)

I play with milan.

play down the left then, make the CML a bit more defensive (Less through balls) as your AML will be the most attacking...

you can change the roles mate, it wont change much as it is specifically set per role anyway (player instructions)

if playing with Milan I would change both AM's to IF's and ask them to CUT INSIDE and see how that works, set them to play THROUGH BALLS OFTEN and change CROSSING from OFTEN to SOMETIMES

Hello Guys,

this is to update the "How fine this tactic is" story :)

I am on my 5th year managing 1860 Munich, and below are the results when I only used the 4-3-3 DM tactic. I didn't downloaded it, just took some ideas from it. Best Bundesliga finishing, won the German Cup and the Europa League !! Won the European Super Cup.

So the pics:
View attachment 318316View attachment 318317View attachment 318318View attachment 318319

And this is how we are standing so far in the 5th year:
View attachment 318320

Also set shout - exploit flanks so that your mids play it wide

I can use all 3 shouts(first page) right? And what about ppm for ballwinning midfielder and inside forward?

Oh yeah...about tactics preparation. Do you have 1 tactic or more tactics on preparation?

Back