Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 684
  • Views Views 388K
I read all the thread and I did my own possession tactic, it´s working very well,but after a time some teams are playing with a very high defensive line and pressing my defensive players,and then my defensive players are giving long and wrong pass.
How can I solv this problem?

Sorry for my English.

Final got back on this thread

a couple of questions really

1) Whats best way to set up time wasting I remember on FM 11 someone said there was link between tempo and time wasting

2) Would it better to set teams freedom to more disciplined it, should still leave attack playmaker's with high level freedom I think

3) Shouts should we use them or just tweak everyone's PI

I read all the thread and I did my own possession tactic, it´s working very well,but after a time some teams are playing with a very high defensive line and pressing my defensive players,and then my defensive players are giving long and wrong pass.
How can I solv this problem?

Sorry for my English.

play a little quicker tempo, this will make them pass the ball around quicker, even though its shorter, allows them less time on the ball :)

Final got back on this thread

a couple of questions really

1) Whats best way to set up time wasting I remember on FM 11 someone said there was link between tempo and time wasting

2) Would it better to set teams freedom to more disciplined it, should still leave attack playmaker's with high level freedom I think

3) Shouts should we use them or just tweak everyone's PI

1) slow tempo, narrow, time wasting full, contain, play safer, retain possession
2) yes, individual settings for high freedom for a couple of players is much more effective
3) depends on the tactic and you :) shouts are there for a reason, it changes the PI's :)

Hey Raikan, Im trying to create a 3-6-1/3-7-0.. Im really dominating the smaller teams but against the bigger teams losing and not having much lucky up to. Any tips?

Hey Raikan, Im trying to create a 3-6-1/3-7-0.. Im really dominating the smaller teams but against the bigger teams losing and not having much lucky up to. Any tips?

not much luck with possession or results or both?

Abit of both when I'm away, I think its not an effective formation tbh. Im going to try a rigid approach now, real madrid style.

Hey, Raikan. I got a couple of questions:

1. In a 4231 formation, is it better for both CM's to have the same player instructions, (so 'never' for everything except through balls.) And they should never run from deep which gives the AMC more room?

2. Secondly, is an advanced playmaker effective in the AMC role?

Cheers

Hey, Raikan. I got a couple of questions:

1. In a 4231 formation, is it better for both CM's to have the same player instructions, (so 'never' for everything except through balls.) And they should never run from deep which gives the AMC more room?

2. Secondly, is an advanced playmaker effective in the AMC role?

Cheers

hey bud,

1) yes, that is pretty much exactly my Carrick type role from M&M, only through balls set to sometimes :) give the Amc free role/moves into channels (run from deep sometimes) will give him more room to express himself!

2) that is what I use! Attacking mids look to run at defenders more and are more like inside forwards! AP drop deeper and look to control the game!

hey bud,

1) yes, that is pretty much exactly my Carrick type role from M&M, only through balls set to sometimes :) give the Amc free role/moves into channels (run from deep sometimes) will give him more room to express himself!

2) that is what I use! Attacking mids look to run at defenders more and are more like inside forwards! AP drop deeper and look to control the game!

Ahh alright, that's excellent. One more thing, do you allow the wingers/inside forwards to run with the ball or does this waste possession?

Ahh alright, that's excellent. One more thing, do you allow the wingers/inside forwards to run with the ball or does this waste possession?

yes and no! running with ball results in less passes however if the player does not get tackled while dribbling/running with ball that is still classed as possession!

yes and no! running with ball results in less passes however if the player does not get tackled while dribbling/running with ball that is still classed as possession!

HELP PLEASE

for some reason i am beginning to obsess about high passing games loads of possession and clean sheets!!!!!!

i have been reading this thread along with others trying to come up with a successful possession based tactic. i settled on a 451 formation as i thought that with advanced wingers and 3 central midfielders i could achieve all three of the above?? however didnt realise just how difficult this task would be.

i wil post some SS of team instuctions as i feel these are just not quite right? along with player settings. (only one of each as they are the same except 2 central mids whom have a slight difference)

W75WG.png
F8RKU.png
euuA2.png
pVqTi.png

Last but by no means least, my forward! now some SS of some selected games

me5xU.png
VBGnV.png
JuzvP.png

can only do 4 SS per post so to save clogging up your thread will just stick to this one (more on request)

as you can see i dominated the game but i feel i can achieve more. i feel that i need to push the passes further up field to be more effective in front of goal. i am more than happy to sacrifice a 4-0 win etc for a good old fashioned 1-0 (especially away from home) as long as my forward scores it. i see some SS that show 170+ passes from an individual and 4 players achieving 150+. would love to do this but not sure how?? any advice on this would be great

raikan007 I can do plenty of tactics can you pass me I used the tactic, but my room was not tic-tac-Krunch crni version 12.1.1

Last but by no means least, my forward! now some SS of some selected games

can only do 4 SS per post so to save clogging up your thread will just stick to this one (more on request)

as you can see i dominated the game but i feel i can achieve more. i feel that i need to push the passes further up field to be more effective in front of goal. i am more than happy to sacrifice a 4-0 win etc for a good old fashioned 1-0 (especially away from home) as long as my forward scores it. i see some SS that show 170+ passes from an individual and 4 players achieving 150+. would love to do this but not sure how?? any advice on this would be great

it will take time bud, practice and edit :) try giving the striker run with ball often and run from deep often! I find that as soon as the players get it upfield, a player like Defoe/Hulk etc turn and run at defences and create chances! using that setting for Hulk he managed to score 3 and have 5 key passes in one game as a lone striker :)

Striker must move into channels but take off roaming :)

set wingers to cross sometimes as well :)

Back