Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

it will take time bud, practice and edit :) try giving the striker run with ball often and run from deep often! I find that as soon as the players get it upfield, a player like Defoe/Hulk etc turn and run at defences and create chances! using that setting for Hulk he managed to score 3 and have 5 key passes in one game as a lone striker :)

Striker must move into channels but take off roaming :)

set wingers to cross sometimes as well :)

what about my wingers wide play? at the moment i have them on move into channels. along with my striker now on this setting should i keep the wingers on this too?

also not really sure about tempo and time wasting? at the mo they are quick and often. should i stick with this? i read somewhere that these 2 settings are important but just not sure how to get this right

Last edited:
yeah, it helps create space for the pass :)

just an update on the tactic. 800+ passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unfortunately i think this is a one off but will keep going!

QIqhn.png
yH9U3.png

Last edited:
I think I've created a monster tactic raikan, your advice and others have helped a lot to create it, need more testing to confirm but so far averaging 60% possession, 5 ccc, 20 shots and most of the passing in the final third... The best part is I'm using two poachers!

sounds great man! how many passes you getting each match?

Not, by any means killing the pass rates (got roughly 300 completed in total last game), but that's not what I'm aiming for, I'm aiming to keep possession just in the final third of the pitch. You'll see in the screenshots that I have managed to achieve this with Modric and VdV (between them, they only attempted 8 passes in total in my own half). The fact that my keeper only touched the ball 8 times all match probably speaks volumes :)

Still early days yet before publishing it on here, but so far so good.

sounds great man! how many passes you getting each match?

just a quick update on how my attempted possession tactic is going. have battled to try and get the passing further up the field and i think im starting to see it happen.
ob7Zn.png

O9iKr.png
NXLw1.png
ZBwGk.png

as you can im still winning games even if its only by a goal or so. passing is coming along nicely. defender collects ball from GK then straight out and up the flanks. i am considering playing thru the middle hoping that my central mids get more of the ball. would be great to hear your views on this.

need helps

raikan , i using 433 formation i try replicate the barcelona way of passing when they were playing around one opponent player like a passing training like monkey in the middle. so i make formation narrow so i can copy that passing but its is not working .. can u help me with this..

raikan , i using 433 formation i try replicate the barcelona way of passing when they were playing around one opponent player like a passing training like monkey in the middle. so i make formation narrow so i can copy that passing but its is not working .. can u help me with this..

did you read the OP mate :)

Hey mate, great thread' helped me a lot. I have a few questions.
Firstly, you said that in order to make your players pass and move you use run from deep often and through ball sometimes, although in your own tactic (short & sweet) you didn't use it - why?

Secondly, I'm a bit newbie so I dont quite grasp the difference between moves into channels and roam from position - isn't both of them is the same idea of looking for open space to get the ball?

Also, should i instruct all my midfielders to roam & move into channels and also my full backs to encourage movment off the ball?

Looking forward to your answers :)

woops wrong thread sorry

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello- I'm just starting to make tactics myself, what would you say is the best striking partnership to play with?

now i succesfully make my team to pass in a triangle .. because i make all the midfielder and the forward to have same mentality.. around 12 click (normal) but i still cant achive 100+ pass .. can u help with that..

now i succesfully make my team to pass in a triangle .. because i make all the midfielder and the forward to have same mentality.. around 12 click (normal) but i still cant achive 100+ pass .. can u help with that..

make TM and playmaker pass to feet, short passing, little freedom nothing else except through balls sometimes and have enough support around him to pass to!

Hey mate, great thread' helped me a lot. I have a few questions.
Firstly, you said that in order to make your players pass and move you use run from deep often and through ball sometimes, although in your own tactic (short & sweet) you didn't use it - why?

Secondly, I'm a bit newbie so I dont quite grasp the difference between moves into channels and roam from position - isn't both of them is the same idea of looking for open space to get the ball?

Also, should i instruct all my midfielders to roam & move into channels and also my full backs to encourage movment off the ball?

Looking forward to your answers :)

this thread is just suggestions and guidelines to work from :) run from deep sometimes is actually better :)

roaming is the FREE role and move into channels makes the player find space! they are similar though

roaming should only be given to max 3 players amr aml and st if playing 433! it should be used sparingly!

fb's can be given moves into channels but normal works well too

make TM and playmaker pass to feet, short passing, little freedom nothing else except through balls sometimes and have enough support around him to pass to!

right now i make my playmaker to have full creative freedom.. while my other player have a creative freedom around 11 click.. so how much click of creative freedom will u give to the playmaker .. this will be helpful to me..

right now i make my playmaker to have full creative freedom.. while my other player have a creative freedom around 11 click.. so how much click of creative freedom will u give to the playmaker .. this will be helpful to me..

way too much creative freedom mate, even for a normal tactic :) CF is better used sparingly.. 11 for playmaker, 3 for others! for possession tactics though