Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

I changed from a fluid 4-4-2 to a rigid 4-4-2 with a control strategy and it has really helped my team defensively. :D

is there a possible way for you to get your players to play off minimal touches (encouraging 1/2 touch football?).

is there a possible way for you to get your players to play off minimal touches (encouraging 1/2 touch football?).

quick tempo, short passing (individual instructions slider) no holding onto ball, move into channels, through balls sometimes :)

hello raikans this threads interest me.
i can get my team posesion about 60% but my rate pass player is too lower
only 40pass in the game
how the way i can improve the rate pass for my player?

and how about make tri angle/cilinder formation?

Really like your tactics. Works quite nice with my Arsenal team, have two issues though.
Wingers.
WL - Gervinho, Park and WR - Walcott, Chamberlain. They have run from deep and run with ball often, cross sometimes and cannot get them to work well. They run alot with the ball and rarely crosses the ball. When they are 3 on 2 or 4 on 3 with striker free they still keep run with the ball and do not pass/cross (as a normal sane player would) and wait until they are into the goalkeeper and take their own shots.

Other issue is my fullbacks. They almost never cross the ball (have it on sometimes) and when they decide to do it, they always wait until the are closed down and put the ball onto the opposition player into throw in.

my gosh your advice is storming..!! i've played with wolverhampton and it's cruising 9-2 win away vs werder bremen!!

Really like your tactics. Works quite nice with my Arsenal team, have two issues though.
Wingers.
WL - Gervinho, Park and WR - Walcott, Chamberlain. They have run from deep and run with ball often, cross sometimes and cannot get them to work well. They run alot with the ball and rarely crosses the ball. When they are 3 on 2 or 4 on 3 with striker free they still keep run with the ball and do not pass/cross (as a normal sane player would) and wait until they are into the goalkeeper and take their own shots.

Other issue is my fullbacks. They almost never cross the ball (have it on sometimes) and when they decide to do it, they always wait until the are closed down and put the ball onto the opposition player into throw in.

hey bud,

cross often then, through balls sometimes, cross from mixed!

always for Fb's then as well, play wider, exploit flanks, look for overlap :)

Hello Raikan
My first testgame with south africa :D

I am test with B.Munih 8-|

very good read this mate :D Has helped me a lot in understanding where i have went wrong with my possession tactic ;)

Raikan did u get my PM? Waiting ur guidance currently, eventho been testing everything...

Wanted to provide you some screenshots..

When I have a good day:

View attachment 237572 View attachment 237573 View attachment 237574 View attachment 237575 View attachment 237576 View attachment 237577 View attachment 237578

And when I have a bad day:

View attachment 237580 View attachment 237579 View attachment 237581

All the bad day games were at away tho and I dont know why the players tend to be so bad during away games. Eventhough I won, I still consider those result very bad.

But otherwise as I said, going good as Ive played 14 games in which Ive made 48 (3.4 per game) goals and conceded 6 (0.4 per game)

Need to work on my passing also, want a bit moar but dont have much time to play the game :) So I wud appreciate assistance and maybe I'd even upload it again liek I did last year :)

Hi Raikan. :)

I'm trying to create a possession based 4-1-2-1-2.

Defensively I'm going to use very high pressing with full backs on support and use an anchorman.

My main problems have been getting my 2 MCs to work effectively together, one side (the left) is more suited to the CM (s) or B2B (s) role as he needs to have the ability to find space and join the attack.

The right sided MC is the problem as I am trying to create a role for a player who is a very good all rounder, he (and his back up) is great defensively and can power forward with the ball as well (the best description I could think of is Essien before he was injured) I don't really want him to roam around but I want him run from deep any advice on settings for him would be helpful.

I'm hoping to use 2 poachers as I have 3 or 4 players who are suited to these positions and was hoping that combination would work. I think I've got some decent settings for my AMC So as long as long as the 2 Poachers can work together , then I just need help with the role for my right sided MC.

Thanks. 8-|

I made 4-5-1 tactic with Madrid on keeping possession while making CCC. About to try it out now.
My question is though do you need Slow Tempo to keep Possession?.
Also. What do shout's actually do?

Raikan did u get my PM? Waiting ur guidance currently, eventho been testing everything...

Wanted to provide you some screenshots..

When I have a good day:

View attachment 237572 View attachment 237573 View attachment 237574 View attachment 237575 View attachment 237576 View attachment 237577 View attachment 237578

And when I have a bad day:

View attachment 237580 View attachment 237579 View attachment 237581

All the bad day games were at away tho and I dont know why the players tend to be so bad during away games. Eventhough I won, I still consider those result very bad.

But otherwise as I said, going good as Ive played 14 games in which Ive made 48 (3.4 per game) goals and conceded 6 (0.4 per game)

Need to work on my passing also, want a bit moar but dont have much time to play the game :) So I wud appreciate assistance and maybe I'd even upload it again liek I did last year :)

hey bud, I did not sorry, did not have the time!

1) you need to passing more and scoring more :) vs Lyon they had 3 ccc's...
2) they are not as good as results should be using Barca as you mentioned!
3) not enough passes, you are playing in your own half, very direct
4) good defensive record though, goals are easy with Barca!
5) slow it down, use hold up ball for a couple of players, play shorter, only allow Iniesta, Xavi and Messi to have normal creative freedom, the rest low!
6) use move into channels for all players besides your Cb's

good luck

Hi Raikan. :)

I'm trying to create a possession based 4-1-2-1-2.

Defensively I'm going to use very high pressing with full backs on support and use an anchorman.

My main problems have been getting my 2 MCs to work effectively together, one side (the left) is more suited to the CM (s) or B2B (s) role as he needs to have the ability to find space and join the attack.

The right sided MC is the problem as I am trying to create a role for a player who is a very good all rounder, he (and his back up) is great defensively and can power forward with the ball as well (the best description I could think of is Essien before he was injured) I don't really want him to roam around but I want him run from deep any advice on settings for him would be helpful.

I'm hoping to use 2 poachers as I have 3 or 4 players who are suited to these positions and was hoping that combination would work. I think I've got some decent settings for my AMC So as long as long as the 2 Poachers can work together , then I just need help with the role for my right sided MC.

Thanks. 8-|

who are you managing?

I made 4-5-1 tactic with Madrid on keeping possession while making CCC. About to try it out now.
My question is though do you need Slow Tempo to keep Possession?.
Also. What do shout's actually do?

good start that mate :)

if all your roles are left at default per position, it changes the sliders of all the players...

hey bud, I did not sorry, did not have the time!

1) you need to passing more and scoring more :) vs Lyon they had 3 ccc's...
2) they are not as good as results should be using Barca as you mentioned!
3) not enough passes, you are playing in your own half, very direct
4) good defensive record though, goals are easy with Barca!
5) slow it down, use hold up ball for a couple of players, play shorter, only allow Iniesta, Xavi and Messi to have normal creative freedom, the rest low!
6) use move into channels for all players besides your Cb's

good luck

1) Yes as I said I need to work on passing, and dont think I need to work on scoring much, just need more passes.
3) No m8, im playing in the middle of the fieldand in their half way more than in my half as I dominate possession,its just that my defenders push up and so they tend to be near halfway lineand they sometimes are playing in some other position as its fluid philosophy and that causes em to get passes more than I'd like. Ive seen games however where my defenders get 15-30 passes.

I dont want to restrict my players much by lowering creative freedom and only xavi and messi has it on much. Igot move into channels etc. I will carey on testing and Im writing from my phone which sucks balls soforgive meif I got typo's.

who are you managing?

Borussia Dortmund in 2023, Mario Götze was the only original Dortmund player left when I joined the club. The reason I want to use a 4-1-2-1-2 is because I've probably got 2 decent players for each position in that formation but no decent wide players.

Could you take pictures of a 4-1-2-2-1 formation for me please. ( Like so I can see what roles the players play. )
And also the Team Instructions + Shouts.

So I can keep possession :)

When I download tactics. They never work for me :(

Always wanted to try and make my own possession tactic, but never really had the patience to do so. Reading through the thread I learned some basic things and I'd really like to play beautiful football, even if it costs me some matches. This is what I've done so far. The first game was away at QPR, result not important but the performance was decent. I have some problems though:
1.The ST seems to not get too involved in the passing game.
2.The AMR is a bit less visible than the AML during the game.
3.The amount of CCC's we've got was really poor for what I'm used to.
4.There are times in the game when some of my players look isolated(mainly the wingbacks)
5.From my experience, playing the offside trap while using a back 4 that isn't flat is pretty risky, even if I play a high D-line.
6.The AMC doesn't shine either, even if I was expecting him to give more through balls to the wingers and striker.
For the 2nd and 6th problem I was thinking about getting the AMCR into the AMC role, just to give them both some space.
View attachment 239333View attachment 239334View attachment 239335View attachment 239336