Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

only good idea for top teams with top players...

is it possession based as its only 60% at home vs a weaker team!

I would rather have the WB in the FB positions, but you can give them the same instructions, will just sure up the defence!

I also noticed that giving a support duty to all players from midlefield and up the team will pass more. Correct?

any kind of formation. during the match I changed the players role to support and the possesion increased.

any kind of formation. during the match I changed the players role to support and the possesion increased.

support is support, supporting the defenders, supporting the attackers etc :)

run with ball less for most roles :)

Ok mate. Also what do you suggest for pass focus? through the midle or mixed?

mixed and narrow, the ball will find its way around without being forced in a certain direction! :)

wow. Thank you Raikan. I listened to your advices and my players now passes more. Also my left fb before now he never had more than 67 passes/match and now he passed 81. First match with the canges.( I also lowered the mentality of some players). Here are some screenshots. Thanks again fore the advices raikan.

The match was in semifinal of Romanian Cup. First match I played at Timisoara and the result was 0-0.

How do you make these tactics? Like where you can have an arrow of your players telling them where to go ect.

and not choose what roles they play.

How do you make these tactics? Like where you can have an arrow of your players telling them where to go ect.

and not choose what roles they play.
If you refer to classic tactics that arrows depends on player's forward runs. Often forward runs means up arrow, rarely means down arrow and on sometimes there won't be any arrow at the player.

I changed some thinks and finally my team passed more :X. But I lost at penalty kicks :(

Hey Raikan, I've gotta say a huge thanks! After reading all 32 pages of this thread I've managed to make a decent enough tactic. I'm playing as Villa and we have some of the weakest passers in the league so it's quite tough! I'm playing with an attacking centre mid wingers at the moment but there's nothing being played through the centre despite the CAM being listed as playmaker, I've just ticked focus passing through the middle to see if it will help. There's also the problem with Bent getting involved too much in build up play. I've got him set to rarely for everything except run from deep and he's almost full on his attack mentality as a poacher so I'm not really sure what to do with him, any help would be great!

Hey Raikan, I've gotta say a huge thanks! After reading all 32 pages of this thread I've managed to make a decent enough tactic. I'm playing as Villa and we have some of the weakest passers in the league so it's quite tough! I'm playing with an attacking centre mid wingers at the moment but there's nothing being played through the centre despite the CAM being listed as playmaker, I've just ticked focus passing through the middle to see if it will help. There's also the problem with Bent getting involved too much in build up play. I've got him set to rarely for everything except run from deep and he's almost full on his attack mentality as a poacher so I'm not really sure what to do with him, any help would be great!

glad to help mate :)

Set run from deep to often and run with ball sometimes :) moving into channels!

Hi raikan,
Im a swans season ticket holder and I want to create a fluid possession tactic that stretches the opposition and creates ccc's.

Ive read the whole 32 pages and have set up a tactic with Luton and I've just reached jan first season and I'm sitting 2nd four points off the top after 26 games ( 34 for 23 against goals) winning a lot of games 1-0 with possession between 50%>65% and average passes for my midfielders of around 40 dmc and 20ish mc's.

My team sets up 451 with a dmc with a control or attack strategy ... I've edited all the player instruction sliders so I don't think player roles matter as much . I'm playing narrow and slow as high up the pitch as i can...( wanted to play with width but I don't get enough passes) I've set the pi's so they are similar to your short and sweet tactic . Short passing,through balls sometime,forward runs sometime,move to channels

Away from home I play a little deeper ,narrower and slower ...I also play two dmc's (dmc & dlp) which seems to be working

The problems
1. central defenders pass completion rate is poor 15/27
2. Wingbacks get all my passes 40-60 ish
3. Dmc gets 40-60 passes but the two adv pl get 20-30
4. Not scoring enough
5. S/keeper hoofin' it long when it's set to df collect
6. What's a good team talk guide?

Hopefully youll be able to help...I'm aiming for the 60-70 passes for my midfield and 70% poss and to create at least 3 ccc's a game

Hi raikan,
Im a swans season ticket holder and I want to create a fluid possession tactic that stretches the opposition and creates ccc's.

Ive read the whole 32 pages and have set up a tactic with Luton and I've just reached jan first season and I'm sitting 2nd four points off the top after 26 games ( 34 for 23 against goals) winning a lot of games 1-0 with possession between 50%>65% and average passes for my midfielders of around 40 dmc and 20ish mc's.

My team sets up 451 with a dmc with a control or attack strategy ... I've edited all the player instruction sliders so I don't think player roles matter as much . I'm playing narrow and slow as high up the pitch as i can...( wanted to play with width but I don't get enough passes) I've set the pi's so they are similar to your short and sweet tactic . Short passing,through balls sometime,forward runs sometime,move to channels

Away from home I play a little deeper ,narrower and slower ...I also play two dmc's (dmc & dlp) which seems to be working

The problems
1. central defenders pass completion rate is poor 15/27
2. Wingbacks get all my passes 40-60 ish
3. Dmc gets 40-60 passes but the two adv pl get 20-30
4. Not scoring enough
5. S/keeper hoofin' it long when it's set to df collect
6. What's a good team talk guide?

Hopefully youll be able to help...I'm aiming for the 60-70 passes for my midfield and 70% poss and to create at least 3 ccc's a game

remember mate, your players are not that good and will make mistakes and miss out on passes! You are not Barca, so keep that in mind :)

fullbacks get most passes most of the time, not all the time though, exploit middle play narrower!

set them as PL and or TM (use above setting as well)

play a little quicker tempo and through balls from your AMC's to often!

set his passing to short and distribute to Dcr/Dcl

there was one last year, Wolfgang's but none this year really, sorry mate, try and google it ;)

good luck!