Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

Ah Raikan I needed help on a tactic that would keep ball possession and actually be very defensive in the sense it won't give the opponent a sniff.
I want to see off games I am winning etc.And so I thought theres none better to take help in creating such a tactic then the master of possession tactics himself.
HELP NEEDED!
lol

Also a bit of help in topics of this forum,which if you permit I will ask!

Cheers.

Ah Raikan I needed help on a tactic that would keep ball possession and actually be very defensive in the sense it won't give the opponent a sniff.
I want to see off games I am winning etc.And so I thought theres none better to take help in creating such a tactic then the master of possession tactics himself.
HELP NEEDED!
lol

Also a bit of help in topics of this forum,which if you permit I will ask!

Cheers.

like Park the bus? aka ENGLAND :p

like Park the bus? aka ENGLAND :p

Haha similar.
Either that or a possession based tactic you know which will keep possession and thus not allow the opposition to create.And you the boss at possession tactics.And I have never been a fan of or played using one so I need a lot of help.Lol.
I prefer keeping possession over the parking the bus tbh.
So to details mate.I play a 4-2-3-1 so you can imagine how my squad will be.
Any ideas on a possession tactic that will suit my players.
I don't need CCC or anything.Just a SOLID SOLID defence and keep ball.

Haha similar.
Either that or a possession based tactic you know which will keep possession and thus not allow the opposition to create.And you the boss at possession tactics.And I have never been a fan of or played using one so I need a lot of help.Lol.
I prefer keeping possession over the parking the bus tbh.
So to details mate.I play a 4-2-3-1 so you can imagine how my squad will be.
Any ideas on a possession tactic that will suit my players.
I don't need CCC or anything.Just a SOLID SOLID defence and keep ball.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...m-euro-2012-tactic-raikan007.html#post1547007

tone down the attacking, even drop the players down a position (you know what I mean? Cm - Dm, St - Amc etc) take off the high amount of through balls as well :)

Hi Raikan

The tactic you gave to me the other day is a great tactic. The one with a amc and tm up front

But when in games it concedes from corners very easily and my match pre is on defensive set pieces and the wingers just don't do enought. Like i went up 2-1 in the 87 min and the other team just scored in the 88 min. I feel with a bit more tweaking this tactic could be one of the greats of fm. Also alot of my players rating are low 7:00 and player profromance changes from game to game

Thanks and thanks again of the tactic

just go into the settings (set pieces) and see exactly where the problem is mate, see if you can change it, maybe just bring everyone back into the box for corners/set pieces to ensure there is more defenders than attackers :)

glad its working nicely mate, the interplay between the AMC/IF's and the TM is quite entertaining sometimes :)

I'm playing with barca, who shall I play upfront? Using Sanchez messi on wings and fab cam

Raikan007, this tactic work in patch 12.0.4? I play with athletic but does not have possession....

Raikan007, this tactic work in patch 12.0.4? I play with athletic but does not have possession....

Mate, this is not a tactic but a discussion thread with the aim to help people create their own possession based tactic. Naturally it works with older patches but there is no reason to use 12.0.4. Just patch up and enjoy the game :)

Mate, this is not a tactic but a discussion thread with the aim to help people create their own possession based tactic. Naturally it works with older patches but there is no reason to use 12.0.4. Just patch up and enjoy the game :)

Yes, but he speaks in his tactics short and sweet ...

EDIT: sorry you are right, i post in thread wrong :/

Last edited:
Hi Raikan

See for your amc hold up ball tactic do you use any:

Shouts
OI
Pitch Size
Match Pre

Plus i fixed the corners

Thanks

Hi Raikan

See for your amc hold up ball tactic do you use any:

Shouts
OI
Pitch Size
Match Pre

Plus i fixed the corners

Thanks

yeah to allow others to get into space further up the field

well I do in my tactics, this is not about any tactic, its a discussion thread :)

work ball into box/retain possession/play through/out of defence/pass to feet all work well, push up higher even

match prep, depends on opp.

pitch size, I have not got a favourite yet, I tend to use different ones all the time..

Should Belhanda be given the playmaker role amc

and Giroud the target men role and with what instruction

Thanks

To create a Barcelona style kind of style in Footballmanger 2012 might be hard. Ive seen those taht use slow tempo and those with higher, and also some use short and other direct.

It seems complicated and no one seem to really fullly be able to create one. So is it nearly impossible to create a Barca tactic in FM?

My theory on how creating a Barca style possession tactic is following, based on how they play and real life and using common sence:

Playing instructions

GK: Distribute to defender and set as a Sweeper keeper.

Fullbacks: High attacking, run from deep often, short-mixed passing. All other instructions set on rarely. Creative freedom based on the player.

Central defenders: Normal mentality, run from deep sometimes, mixed-direct passing. Low creative freedom. Moving into channels.

Defensive midfielder: Normal-defensive mentality, short passing. all instructions set on rarely. Normal-low creative freedom. Not holding up ball.

Centralmifielders: NOrmal-attacking, short passing, High creative freedom. Throughballs, run from deep sometimes, other instructinons on rarely.

Attacking midfielders/wingers: Either have two central attacking midfielders that move into channels , romaing, high creative freedom, throughballs sometimes and run from deep and dribble sometimes, others on rarely. The wingers would have the same instructions except cutting in.

Forward: If you play with Barca you will have Messi here used as a trequartista, however closing down is a bit higher then default, dribbling is set on high, through balls sometimes, high creative freedom and roaming.

Team instructions:

Philosophy: Fluid/very fluid
Mentality: Control
Passingstyle: shorter passes
Crossing: drill crosses
Marking: Zonal
Closing down: Press more
Creative freedom: More expressive
Roaming: more roaming

Defensive line: Pushed up very high
Width (with wingers): narrow
Width (With central am): Normal
Tempo: Slow-normal

Playmaker: Messi
Offside trap: Yes
Counter attack: No

Will this might be something?

It's complicated enought to play barca style with barca. Try using it with another team where you don't have the class of the Iniesta's, Xavi, Messi's!!! :) I'm currently playing Utd and I'm finding that I need better quality passers in Midfield, in spite of the tactics. Notably a deep-lying playmaker to replace Carrick who I'm planning to sell at the end of my first season... And a back-up option also. There're not easy to come by and don't come cheap either. So I suppose you really need players with the right profile before attempting to use possession-barca style tactics...

help needed,Hummels gets 100 passes while Ramsey/Hamsik get about 50,why do the defenders keep passing the ball beetween themselves,I tried everything,set theyre mentality to attacking and creative freedom to low and they still have 70+ passes?