Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

I just tested a tactic with Barca, but the results are not to my liking.

Any tips on how to improve the passes?
Note: I used the position instructions from Short and Sweet.

Here are screenies from the match result

change formation mate :p

Back from vacation, havent been able to read áll the things that have been written in this thread while i were not here. So I the questions i have to ask might already been answer.

But basically. If i want to havea possession tactic based on a 4-1-2-1-2 where there is alot of passes in the middle of the park and in the offensive part of the field. What instructions should i have? Both team and player instructions.

Shall i play with slow or normal tempo? Shall the defenders play with direct passes and the rest short? Shall all defenders hold up the ball or is it just the defensive midfielder and fullbacks?

What should the mentality be? I am thinking of Control, fluid. I would put all instructions to rarely on most players, except dribbling and through balls set on somtiems on some.

SHouldnt short and attacking mentality, with normal tempo be good for passing around in the offensive half? or am I thinking wrong.

I noticed that many people make short passing tactics in classic and I also heard rumors that high ammounts of passes appeared to be pretty rare/hard to get in "normal".

I made a tactic in "normal" and once my team was trained fully according to that tactic I converted that tactic to classic and this is what I saw...see attached thumbnails.

So far my total number of passes in the normal tactic are around 360 - 400 (about 20 passes avarage per player) per 90 minutes.

Is this a flaw in the system which explains why classic allows high ammounts passes?

Last edited:
I noticed that many people make short passing tactics in classic and I also heard rumors that high ammounts of passes appeared to be pretty rare/hard to get in "normal".

I made a tactic in "normal" and once my team was trained fully according to that tactic I converted that tactic to classic and this is what I saw...see attached thumbnails.

So far my total number of passes in the normal tactic are around 360 - 400 (about 20 passes avarage per player) per 90 minutes.

Is this a flaw in the system which explains why classic allows high ammounts passes?

There is no difference between how the ME reads a classic and TC tactic.

Its about tweaking sliders, not the "mode". ( also, 20 passes a player = between 360-400 ??).
On a side note, when you converted your tactic, did you chnage anything in the classic mode one as the team seems to have unlearned somne elements in it ?

Its about tweaking sliders, not the "mode". ( also, 20 passes a player = between 360-400 ??).
On a side note, when you converted your tactic, did you chnage anything in the classic mode one as the team seems to have unlearned somne elements in it ?

20 passes avarage per player, some have 10 or less others have 30-40+ depending on who my opponent is, but ill tweak the sliders a bit (I supose its a combination of mentality and passing?).

And no, I did not change a thing when I converted my tactic to classic, the sreen shots I showed are the direct result after convertion.

After I posted the screenies here I did adjust a few sliders and got all but marking back to full, I however have not checked yet if converting also effected my player specific settings.

is it poss to do a metch engine exploit tactic in normal rather than classic mate?

I recently created a tactic which was doing quite well in terms of possession but ever since I changed the wide players to move into channels the possession has dropped. It has resulted in a higher number of CCC's but the possession is nowhere near the +60 I would like. Do you think the possession stats will increase with time or do I have to make additional changes?

Hey Raikan i'm trying to make a louis van gaal ajax tactic which involves a great amount of ball circulation. One question to start with, at the moment many of defenders to deep mids are getting most passes and the ball isnt being circulated all through the pitch. How could I change this ?

Let me know if you need further screenshots to help with answering.

Hello raikan, im sorry 4 posting this here, i tried to send u a pm, but aint going thru. basically i need ur help mate, i been using ur awesome amc tactic with great success, but now wana go to 4-4-2 and i dont seem to find a formmation that fits, i seen all ur tactics, but i need to modify them for what i want for my teams, thats where i mess up lol. basically i wana flat back 4, then 2 centre mids, one being a bwl, the other an amc, then two inside forwards that dont swap sides, then one complete forward, with the other striker also being a complete forward or poacher.... if u have anything that fits this plz post me a link, ive seen ur amazing fing, an couple others but i need modify them, that where i mess up lol, so if u have a formation that fiits my needs, i wud greatly appreciate it, thank you in advance raikan.

Hello raikan, im sorry 4 posting this here, i tried to send u a pm, but aint going thru. basically i need ur help mate, i been using ur awesome amc tactic with great success, but now wana go to 4-4-2 and i dont seem to find a formmation that fits, i seen all ur tactics, but i need to modify them for what i want for my teams, thats where i mess up lol. basically i wana flat back 4, then 2 centre mids, one being a bwl, the other an amc, then two inside forwards that dont swap sides, then one complete forward, with the other striker also being a complete forward or poacher.... if u have anything that fits this plz post me a link, ive seen ur amazing fing, an couple others but i need modify them, that where i mess up lol, so if u have a formation that fiits my needs, i wud greatly appreciate it, thank you in advance raikan.

hey bud, check your PM

Hey Raikan i'm trying to make a louis van gaal ajax tactic which involves a great amount of ball circulation. One question to start with, at the moment many of defenders to deep mids are getting most passes and the ball isnt being circulated all through the pitch. How could I change this ?

Let me know if you need further screenshots to help with answering.

move into channels/higher freedom/roam from position and switching positions :)

I recently created a tactic which was doing quite well in terms of possession but ever since I changed the wide players to move into channels the possession has dropped. It has resulted in a higher number of CCC's but the possession is nowhere near the +60 I would like. Do you think the possession stats will increase with time or do I have to make additional changes?

it depends what you want? tons of passes or chances? I would opt for chances :0 with a good number of passes/possession which is the hardest thing to do though...

Hi raikan. thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean every player should be set on move into channels and every player should have more freedom. Plus which player do you think should be switching positions. Also I downloaded to you're short and sweet tactic to see how to keep posession better and in that you kept most of youre players freedom low. Do you think i should do the same with my tactic ? I've opened a thread on the tactic to get further help. I have alot of info on that But havnt updated the tactic as of yet. Please check it out so you can help me more. Appreciate the help thanks

My tactic is currently: 4-5-1/4-3-3. Flatback 4 with wingbacks (attack) DMC (support) 2 CM's set to Attacking Midfield(attack) DLP (defend) Inside Forwards (attack) Advanced Forward. Fluid Control/Attack. Creative Freedom (little). No long long shots no runs with ball and through balls (sometimes). I want a possession based 4-6-0 with the advanced forward becoming an AMC with high pressing & a high line playing offside. What do I need to do with the mentalities of my players to instill the keep ball philosophy and what else do I need to do with my tactic so I still create CCC's? Please help.

hey raiken , i need good instruction(TI) to 4-2-2-2 tactic , in the middle one BWM and one AP , in the flanks too wingers or Inside Forword if you Advise me to play like that , and 2 poachers or one poacher and one Adv forword/CF
Give me a good instruction(PI) to my Ap in the middle and to my Wingers so they will assists alot , im use 12.0.4 If it matters

tnx

Last edited:
Hey guys any help would be grateful! im currently attempting to create a 3-7-0 tactic in homage to Spain! possesion and passing totals are great but goals are dry! here are some ss!!
View attachment 263397View attachment 263398View attachment 263399View attachment 263400View attachment 263401View attachment 263402View attachment 263403

Anyone else got a 3-7-0 they would like to share? tried this with swansea aswell and also got high passing totals! anyone who could pm me a link to their tactic so i can have a look id be grateful!! reason im posting is im intrigued if anyone has a 3-7-0 that scores alot!! im tempted to just add corner glitch to my tactic and call it a day!!