Raikan007's Possession tactic discussion & creation centre: Hints & Tips

Hello, may I firstly just say what a great post and its wonderful how much your helping those with questions.

I was wondering if you could take a look at my unorthodox tactic and offer some suggestions please, especially as I seem to leak goals. I also plan to change the formation to something more orthodox at the end of the season such as the tactics you suggest at the end of the OP so also do you find the 4-1-2-1-2 or the 4-2-1-2-1 more effective.

The ss' are from a match 10 games since i changed formation

View attachment 218498

View attachment 218499

View attachment 218500

Last edited:
hey bud,

thanks, just trying to help!

1) I would not use possession tactics away from home, they never really work! unless you have an away version which allows the players to run with the ball more like wingers etc, taking on defenders (run with ball often)

2) there seems to be a lot of overlapping area's players spend the most time in! you need them to move away from each other as this creates space for them! its pointless having two players occupy the same space

3) the other SS are not working mate :)

here is one from SS against Arsenal at the Emriates (this is from D@ves save)

206312d1322568667-short-sweet%99-arsenal-v-cska-moscow-analysis_-analysis-2.png

what is your actual formation looking like? you said its unorthodox...

Sorry about the SS's, I'll re-upload them here Photo Album - Imgur

Okay I'll come up with a second tactic for away matches thankyou :). Do i increase the width to encourage my players to spread out?

Sorry about the SS's, I'll re-upload them here Photo Album - Imgur

Okay I'll come up with a second tactic for away matches thankyou :). Do i increase the width to encourage my players to spread out?

no worries mate :)

width is a good thing for possession tactics! all you would need to do is edit the attacking players like the wingers and strikers.. the mids can stay the same and provide your foundation etc :)

ask them to run with ball, run from deep often and play a little more direct!

raikan can u give a ss of your tactics that you give in first page in modern view?? by the way what is the skin you using

hey raikan
1 quess...........sorry not related to this topic...but did not know where too ask
in my game i have enabled england,france,italy,spain,germany nd india
after first season i checked brazil's top clubs' regens ...none of them had PA above 2.5 star
is that happening coz i did not enabled brazil?

hey raikan
1 quess...........sorry not related to this topic...but did not know where too ask
in my game i have enabled england,france,italy,spain,germany nd india
after first season i checked brazil's top clubs' regens ...none of them had PA above 2.5 star
is that happening coz i did not enabled brazil?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s/83242-ask-raikan-thread-49.html#post1422885

yes and no :) what database size did you load! just add the Brazil league as playable for the new season! Regens will be filled and some of them will be insane! I have seen people signing regens from Portugal after adding the Sagres a few years in! some look better than Messi :p

Hi Raikan, Is there a possession tactics I can use to rebuild the tactics for a low league team in a challenge with a transfer ban of 100 years.

I want to play with 3 central defenders and 4 or 5 midfielders and 3 or 2 central attackers. This is because I have only one player who is able to play at halfback. I have 4 good central defenders and some good central midfielders and central attackers.

I am not used to play without fullbacks but I want to give it a try. Longterm I am willing to train some fullback from my central backs.

Hi Raikan, Is there a possession tactics I can use to rebuild the tactics for a low league team in a challenge with a transfer ban of 100 years.

I want to play with 3 central defenders and 4 or 5 midfielders and 3 or 2 central attackers. This is because I have only one player who is able to play at halfback. I have 4 good central defenders and some good central midfielders and central attackers.

I am not used to play without fullbacks but I want to give it a try. Longterm I am willing to train some fullback from my central backs.

not sure what you mean bud?

my short and sweet maybe? do you want to make one from scratch?

I want to use one like short and sweet and rebuild it to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 (without wingers).
So indeed it must be a small tactic which I can use to replace positions to build a new tactic.

ok cool, use that as your base if you like :)

I would play 352 (1 dm 3 cm's 1 amc)

Hi, Raikan. I get a good possession with myRoma and lots of CCCs, however if I press as much as you suggest I am getting stupid goals. Last season with my counter strategy I got arround 20 goals in 45-50 matches, while I have 10 matches played this season and recieved more than 10 already. Is there any way I fix this? Should the fullbacks play tide marking? Should I turn to counter when I am away from home? Offside trap maby?

Usually if the oponents have a poacher or a big target man I get few goals with almost no CCCs from the opposite team. And whats up with creating a lot of CCCS, having a huge possession and still not scoring enough (2 goals max).

Hi, Raikan. I get a good possession with myRoma and lots of CCCs, however if I press as much as you suggest I am getting stupid goals. Last season with my counter strategy I got arround 20 goals in 45-50 matches, while I have 10 matches played this season and recieved more than 10 already. Is there any way I fix this? Should the fullbacks play tide marking? Should I turn to counter when I am away from home? Offside trap maby?

Usually if the oponents have a poacher or a big target man I get few goals with almost no CCCs from the opposite team. And whats up with creating a lot of CCCS, having a huge possession and still not scoring enough (2 goals max).

tough luck maybe? :) who are your strikers?

these are just idea's I mentioned, not everything together will make a possession tactic work :) its parts of the puzzle :)

fullbacks must be man and tight marking!

I did some tweaks mainly in the D-line and pressing just a little bit less now. Also changed to counter and playing with Anchorman instead of AMC playmaker. However I lost some possession, but the results are much, much better.

Is it possible to keep a high possession in a quicker counter strategy? I have this problem of losing the possession fight against teams that play a very narrow tactic or with 2 deep DMCs. It seems I finally have myRoma play close to what they did in 2006-2007.

My strikers are Osvaldo, Lamela, Bojan as first team usually and Totti, Ragatzu, Borini and D'Alessandro as rotation and back-up. The good thing now is that my CMs are scoring - Poli, Pjanic, De Rossi and Greko had good goals. I love it how with your suggestions I made them move into channels and getting goal scoring opportunities. I have another question for you, mate. Is it good to learn some PPM for my CMs like placing shots/shoots with power in order to get more goals from them and move into channels in order to get them more often scoring opportunity? And maby tweak their training for more shooting and attacking? I got killer balls, 1-2s, dictate tempo, drop deep to get the ball on most of them.

I did some tweaks mainly in the D-line and pressing just a little bit less now. Also changed to counter and playing with Anchorman instead of AMC playmaker. However I lost some possession, but the results are much, much better.

Is it possible to keep a high possession in a quicker counter strategy? I have this problem of losing the possession fight against teams that play a very narrow tactic or with 2 deep DMCs. It seems I finally have myRoma play close to what they did in 2006-2007.

My strikers are Osvaldo, Lamela, Bojan as first team usually and Totti, Ragatzu, Borini and D'Alessandro as rotation and back-up. The good thing now is that my CMs are scoring - Poli, Pjanic, De Rossi and Greko had good goals. I love it how with your suggestions I made them move into channels and getting goal scoring opportunities. I have another question for you, mate. Is it good to learn some PPM for my CMs like placing shots/shoots with power in order to get more goals from them and move into channels in order to get them more often scoring opportunity? And maby tweak their training for more shooting and attacking? I got killer balls, 1-2s, dictate tempo, drop deep to get the ball on most of them.

No, not at all mate :) if playing vs narrow team, play a little wider and a little quicker :)

glad you getting it to work mate!

I would not to be honest, the ones they have are perfect! you can teach shoots with power though! but its not essential :)

Hi Raikan Great post mate. It has inspired me to start creating my own possession tactic after downloading them off fmbase for years.

I@ll let you know how im getting on once i have played a few more games. Currently playing as stockport, managed to get them into the premiership but now i want to start playing some nice football.

Hi Raikan Great post mate. It has inspired me to start creating my own possession tactic after downloading them off fmbase for years.

I@ll let you know how im getting on once i have played a few more games. Currently playing as stockport, managed to get them into the premiership but now i want to start playing some nice football.

good luck mate, if you have any questions, feel free to post and I will get back to you :)