Raikan007's "Swoop there it Is" 433 Dm tactic

Ahoy Raikan,

Here are my results so far. Take in mind I only play the demo at the moment.

I did make a few tweaks, Eriksen as AMR is set to support with higher creativity and direct passing. My MCL has good long shots so set that to 'sometimes'.

Nice tactic m8.

1 thing though, I get a lot of offsides after attacking corners. The other team heads it away and my defending players just shoot it back to my corner taker who is still in offside position. Something to tweak?

View attachment 218233View attachment 218234View attachment 218235View attachment 218236View attachment 218237View attachment 218238View attachment 218239

those are some insanse results :) great job!

there is nothing you can do about that, it happens all the time (well not all the time but the players always play it out wide etc)

in order:

Doumbia, Damiao, Love, Jovetic

Love and Jovetic can be deadly playing the Amr and Aml positions (Love performs really well on the Aml once retrained)

Awesome, thanks for your help!

very impressive results bud, great job! the ccc's will come in time! getting better players etc will also make it better!

Annan is a thug :) I have the lowest yellow and red card tally in the EPL with Tottenham using this :) its the players unfortunately! the keeper must have made a mistake..

I hope you dont get many more! keep me updated! what is Vitesse's media prediction?

Vitesse's prediction is about 7th i think, but yea the keeper decided to do that annoying thing where he would catch the ball, then walk outside of the box, leading him to get a second yellow card. But yea i imagine Annan is a bit of a thug, he had 3 red cards already when i posted those.

Sadly my FM crashed and i realized i'd turned the autosave off to test some tactics in another save and forgot to put it back on. So yea i'm way behind in my game now and i don't have the dedication to go through it all again. :( Will no doubt ending up using your tactics with some other team some day though.

those are fantastic results Kris!
I look forward to your results, for away games maybe change to counter and play deeper! use shouts clear ball to flanks and pass into space so if the opposition are pressing you, once you get possession you hoof if clear to the quick wingers to take on defenders and cause problems on the counter :)

I'm at work so can't show you screenshots just yet. I went through a little bit of a drop in form. The squad size is small and injuries/tiredness kicked in.

Managed to beat Palermo, who are sitting 2nd now (in Jan) 3-0 away. I am still sitting 6th which is still mighty impressive.

Um... holy **** dude! :)

look forward to it!

3 games later and it's the 4th Round of the FA Cup and I've got Arsenal at home and guess what... (H)

2 of Vicente's goals were from freekicks, but we battered them in the first half. 9 shots on goal and Arsneal had 0! Should have beaten them 5-0 to be honest, Matt Phillips missed 2 sitters!

View attachment 218343View attachment 218344View attachment 218345

This is using the counter attack additions along with defensive positioning match prep. Opp instruction of always close down, tight mark, hard tackle and show onto weakest foot of least composed CB. Against City it was Toure and against Arsenal it was Vermaelen.

Last edited:
Yeah Raikan I've been using your tactic nonstop and it's been absolutely epic for me!

Just finished my 2013/14 season and I finished in 3rd place. THIRD. PLACE. Finished with 84 points, joint with Tottenham and Arsenal winning the BPL with 87 points. THREE. POINTS.

Am running into my fourth season in charge of the Saints and have made some more signings, here's a screenie of my squad:

View attachment 218376

Aaaaand here's the result I just came off the back of:

View attachment 218379

So again I say, not bad! Not bad at all! Hope that if you have any updates to an already formidable tactic, you'll upload it for all of us to relish and enjoy! Thanks always, mate!

In my first season with Newcastle I find setting the team philosopy to standard for playing most teams is getting results plus as you say dropping the defensive line back to normal/deep borderline has helped alot too

I'm getting good results against teams with a similar or lower reputation .
Against the big teams the results are a bit hit and miss in first season (which is simply because my starting 11 is not upto scratch yet)
I'm well happy you posted this tactic mate its dug me out of a hole in first season lol I was getting patchy results with my tactics (and a few hammerings lol 5-0 by Arsenal) I always play 4-3-3 DM tactics
Cheers mate

Last edited:
Hello Raikon, may i ask why you decided to use two central defenders on cover duty. What effect would play a ball playing defender - defend and central defender - defend have on the tactic. I am playing as Arsenal with Van Persie on the right as an inside forward and Gervinho on the left - inside forward. Would you suggest playing Walcott as a poacher. Also could you recommend another striker that can play as either a poacher or complete forward

awesome results guys! congrats and I look forward to hearing more! I am glad its working out for you :)

Hello Raikon, may i ask why you decided to use two central defenders on cover duty. What effect would play a ball playing defender - defend and central defender - defend have on the tactic. I am playing as Arsenal with Van Persie on the right as an inside forward and Gervinho on the left - inside forward. Would you suggest playing Walcott as a poacher. Also could you recommend another striker that can play as either a poacher or complete forward

hey mate, playing a high line leaves space behind the defenders, on cover duty they protect that space by dropping deeper with the runs of the opposition especially with my no tight marking and zonal settings for the cb's :) they dont commit and defend together in a line :)

Walcotts composure is way too low to play St! I would look at getting Doumbia/Love/Abel Hernandez/Ruud v Nistelrooy

So a clean sweep for Raikan007 as his tactic, Swoop There It Is, claims the league title and the cup just for that little bit extra. A very impressive victory, finishing with the best defensive record.

Final league table in a competition pitting others tactics against each other in the 3rd league of Welsh football or something: Won the Welsh Cup to :)

This tactic won! (Brobs, Xenon, Vodu etc were all in and they are also fantastic tactics themselves) I am proud of this little victory!

xrTJ6.jpg

hey mate, playing a high line leaves space behind the defenders, on cover duty they protect that space by dropping deeper with the runs of the opposition especially with my no tight marking and zonal settings for the cb's :) they dont commit and defend together in a line :)

Walcotts composure is way too low to play St! I would look at getting Doumbia/Love/Abel Hernandez/Ruud v Nistelrooy

Hey Raikon you mentioned playing fluid counter away from home against the big teams. If the defensive line was push down to deep do I still have both centre backs on cover duty

Hey Raikon you mentioned playing fluid counter away from home against the big teams. If the defensive line was push down to deep do I still have both centre backs on cover duty

I drop the d-line most of the time as well! and yes, if playing against quick strikers like Aggie/Bent and defend/defend if playing vs complete strikers and stopper/stopper if playing vs Stoke :p

I drop the d-line most of the time as well! and yes, if playing against quick strikers like Aggie/Bent and defend/defend if playing vs complete strikers and stopper/stopper if playing vs Stoke :p

Raikon do you only drop the defensive line to deep when you play away from home with a counter attack strategy. I just want to make sure I fully understand your instructions so against quick strikers I can still use the cover/cover set up with a deep defensive line and against complete strikers like Drogba. I should use defend defend. Would you recommend using Walcott on the right as an inside forward or should I just leave Van Persie on the right.

Raikon do you only drop the defensive line to deep when you play away from home with a counter attack strategy. I just want to make sure I fully understand your instructions so against quick strikers I can still use the cover/cover set up with a deep defensive line and against complete strikers like Drogba. I should use defend defend. Would you recommend using Walcott on the right as an inside forward or should I just leave Van Persie on the right.

yeah use as is :) I would leave as is mate :) regardless of who you play! cover/cover with the settings I have given the Cb's seems to work really well!

well it depends on who plays better where! I found RVP to be much more clinical playing as the St than Walcott, Walcott played well out wide :)

Final league table in a competition pitting others tactics against each other in the 3rd league of Welsh football or something: Won the Welsh Cup to :)

This tactic won! (Brobs, Xenon, Vodu etc were all in and they are also fantastic tactics themselves) I am proud of this little victory!

xrTJ6.jpg

Impressive.

Who was this test conducted by? As I don't see it on the 'My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!'