Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hi guys,

I need some input here.
for short and sweet tactic, how you guys play for Rooney and Hernandez?Personally i would like to have hernandez on top of strike line (the only ST in this tactic), but where should i put Rooney at? AML or MC? However, doesn't it sounds like wasted Rooney's talent on MC role (like scoring)?

Well, I wouldn't play with any tactic that don't use 2 ST if I play with man utd. Rooney and Hernandez are both too good to not be played in first 11, and playing them anywhere not ST isn't wise.

Well, I wouldn't play with any tactic that don't use 2 ST if I play with man utd. Rooney and Hernandez are both too good to not be played in first 11, and playing them anywhere not ST isn't wise.

Fergie plays with one up top loads of games...you could either play rooney just off hernandez as trequartista/ attacking midfielder or just start with rooney up front on his own....(my best tactic actually only has one striker up top lol) Bring on hernandez if you need a goal or on his own as an advanced forward :) works fine :)

Hi guys,

I need some input here.
for short and sweet tactic, how you guys play for Rooney and Hernandez?Personally i would like to have hernandez on top of strike line (the only ST in this tactic), but where should i put Rooney at? AML or MC? However, doesn't it sounds like wasted Rooney's talent on MC role (like scoring)?
hey mate :)

I play Rooney as Aml, I have also played him in the central playmaking role and he got over 100 passes and played really well (he was awkard as well)

you can take that cm and push him up to Amc and play Rooney there :) done that too and it worked well!

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with my formation a bit. If possible I do not want to use a free formed tactic. No offence but I like making my own :)

My first team is:

Rooney Hernandez

Nani Hulk
Asamoah Labyad

Evra Vidic Smalling Rafael

De Gea

What I could relaly do with help on mostly is the midfield. What roles to give them, I want labayd to be the primary playmaker is possible, i've trained him to dictate tempo, play one twos etc to help.... Also, would you suggest using Man or Zonal Marking?

Thanks very much, and sorry there is no screen shot but it won't let me post one for some reason (screen just goes white lol)!

Would be much appreacited if you could find the time to reply, thanks

Ollie
hey mate, I replied on the PM you sent me :) here it is again!

hey mate, I am glad you do
smile.gif

not a problem at all! I do have a tactical discussion thread which you can post questions like this in future
smile.gif
or this way, its no problem
smile.gif
everyone does it
smile.gif

ok, this is what I would do!

for this tactic (starting off) you need to leave all individual instructions (aka PI's) as defualt for the role/duty I assign, once you have tested it and watched how they play, then make certain little changes to it that suit the certain player, for eg: you wont make Hulk never have a shot from range, he will be sometimes
smile.gif
etc etc

Philosophy: Balanced
Strategy: Control

Passing: Short
Freedom: Default
Closing down: Press more
Tackling: Cautious
Marking: Zonal
Crossing: Drill
Roaming: Default

D-Line: 3/4 (high)
Width: normal (closer to wide)
Tempo: normal (closer to slow)

Focus passing: Mixed
Counter: Yes
Offside: No

(I have found that the pressing/zonal works the best as it keeps the shape of the team when pressuring the opponenets)

De Gea: Goalkeeper - Defend

Rafael: Fullback - Support/Automatic
Evra: Fullback - Support/Automatic
Vidic: Central defender - defend
Smalling: Central defender - defend/cover

Asamoah: Central Mid - Defend/Support
Labyad: Adv playmaker - attack

Nani - Winger - Attack
Hulk - Inside Forward - Attack

(retrain them both to play on either side naturally, have them swap positions in PI's)

Rooney: Deep lying forward - support or Complete forward - support
Hernandez: Poacher - Attack

you can make Labyad your playmaker in team instructions and set Hernandez as Target man - run onto ball
smile.gif

there are many things etc I can suggest etc, but try that for now and see how that goes
smile.gif

hope that helps
smile.gif

Neil

Hello Raikan. I'm having major problems wit managing AS Roma in FM12. In my first approach, I developed my own tactic (4-2-3-1) and trainig schedules and everything started positive, but not convincing, to be honest. I won pre-season matches against teams I never even heard of, but only and always by 2-3 goals difference. Then I trashed Rapid Bucharest in both legs of the Europa League 4th qualifying round, then Serie A started and from there on it was only a matter of time until I got sacked for bad results, lying in 14th place of the Serie A after 10 or so games and of course after losing Europa League matches against heavyweights Dnipro and such :). 1-2 games before I got sacked I even applied your PurePerfection CCC, but apparently, it was too late.
Ok, so then, I made my homework, I searched this forum to grab everything that seemd to suit my players and started a new game. This time, I grabbed the Road To Glory training schedules and since I have 6 strikers in my squad, I gave this littel tactic here a try: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/86449-4-3-3-3-strikers-eriksen.html
And indeed, it became something completely else: I played beautyful football, created truckloads of chances and absolutely trashed unknown teams in pre-season, lost only narrowly to Man City and trashed my Europa League 4th qualifying round opponent. Then Serie A started. I won 1-0 at Inter, 2-1 against Catania at home, drew 0-0 against Juventus (luckily!), beat Siena 4-1 but also lost my EL games against PSG (1-2) and even Stoke City (1-4). Things started to change, though, even during the good results. It's as if the same players that seemed to move so well even against Man City in pre-season, have suddenly forgotten everything. Even though the familiarity of the used tactics is now at 85%, I don't recognize my squad anymore. Drab matches and losses against the lasts of the league table, no more clear chances and even the best ones are just poorly missed. Morale is abysmal, players are playing nervously and in my last three games I got three red cards.
Taking a look at Roma, you might see: the squad is at least acceptable to begin with, the aforementioned training schedules are showing results even after a short period, I hired excelent trainers (4,5 stars), I try to keep press conferences balanced, I usually find the right words for pre-match/half-time pep-talks, so from my point of view, all the good conditions for performance are given. What do you think am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

hey mate, I am not sure to be honest, you seem to be doing everything that you should! its not only about tactics though, its the whole package!

Who are you signing? who are you playing where? alot of factors influence the outcomes of games etc!

If I were you I would try this tactic, it should suit Roma quite well! now, use this and follow the instructions, but throughout the season you will have to make clever changes to the tactic.. for eg: maybe dropping the Amc to DM when playing vs Inter or something etc.... make correct changes!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs-training/84096-pure-perfection%99-ccc.html

hey mate, I replied on the PM you sent me :) here it is again!

hey mate, I am glad you do
smile.gif

not a problem at all! I do have a tactical discussion thread which you can post questions like this in future
smile.gif
or this way, its no problem
smile.gif
everyone does it
smile.gif

ok, this is what I would do!

for this tactic (starting off) you need to leave all individual instructions (aka PI's) as defualt for the role/duty I assign, once you have tested it and watched how they play, then make certain little changes to it that suit the certain player, for eg: you wont make Hulk never have a shot from range, he will be sometimes
smile.gif
etc etc

Philosophy: Balanced
Strategy: Control

Passing: Short
Freedom: Default
Closing down: Press more
Tackling: Cautious
Marking: Zonal
Crossing: Drill
Roaming: Default

D-Line: 3/4 (high)
Width: normal (closer to wide)
Tempo: normal (closer to slow)

Focus passing: Mixed
Counter: Yes
Offside: No

(I have found that the pressing/zonal works the best as it keeps the shape of the team when pressuring the opponenets)

De Gea: Goalkeeper - Defend

Rafael: Fullback - Support/Automatic
Evra: Fullback - Support/Automatic
Vidic: Central defender - defend
Smalling: Central defender - defend/cover

Asamoah: Central Mid - Defend/Support
Labyad: Adv playmaker - attack

Nani - Winger - Attack
Hulk - Inside Forward - Attack

(retrain them both to play on either side naturally, have them swap positions in PI's)

Rooney: Deep lying forward - support or Complete forward - support
Hernandez: Poacher - Attack

you can make Labyad your playmaker in team instructions and set Hernandez as Target man - run onto ball
smile.gif

there are many things etc I can suggest etc, but try that for now and see how that goes
smile.gif

hope that helps
smile.gif

Neil

Thanks, and sorry i double posted! Didn't know you owned this thread as well lol! Last question I promise lol! With nani and Hulk switching. When they do switch don't they switch role, e.g. Nani will go from winger to inside forward? I know it's not a massive problem but is there anyway to stop this?

whats up raikan, Do u watch african football, cuz i'm trying to recreate egypt 3-5-2 which they won acn with it, but for some reason its not working :( .

thanks in advance.

whats up raikan, Do u watch african football, cuz i'm trying to recreate egypt 3-5-2 which they won acn with it, but for some reason its not working :( .

thanks in advance.
hey mate, I dont watch the PSL (South African league) and I dont watch any other African league, however I do watch international games :) good luck, I have no idea about that, so wont be able to help you... :) sorry

Thanks, and sorry i double posted! Didn't know you owned this thread as well lol! Last question I promise lol! With nani and Hulk switching. When they do switch don't they switch role, e.g. Nani will go from winger to inside forward? I know it's not a massive problem but is there anyway to stop this?
owned :) lol

ask away mate :) this thread is here to help you! ask 1000 questions if you like :)

they should not! if both wingers are set to inside forward - attack it should not change roles! they should just swap positions, if you have one of the roles set to winger then of course once they swap they will be a winger :)

hey mate, I dont watch the PSL (South African league) and I dont watch any other African league, however I do watch international games :) good luck, I have no idea about that, so wont be able to help you... :) sorry
No problem Raikan, But its very hard on fm to play with a 3-5-2 formation, there's always a huge gap between midfield and attack and the defending is not good either.
Is it possible to solve this??

No problem Raikan, But its very hard on fm to play with a 3-5-2 formation, there's always a huge gap between midfield and attack and the defending is not good either.
Is it possible to solve this??

having your Cb ('s) as stopper('s) (is this 3 cb's or 1 cb and 2 fb's) having two Dm's, both on Anchor man!

is this what you have in mind?

------------------gk-----------------

-----------cb-----cb-----cb---------

-------------dm------dm-----------

---------cm------cm-----cm------

---------------st---st---------------

hey mate :)

I play Rooney as Aml, I have also played him in the central playmaking role and he got over 100 passes and played really well (he was awkard as well)

you can take that cm and push him up to Amc and play Rooney there :) done that too and it worked well!

Thanks mate, appreciate your reply. I will try to put Roo at Amc. Do i need to change the individual instruction if i move up Rooney to AMC from one of the MC (short and sweet)?

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, mate!
I didn't sign anybody new since I felt the current squad should be enough for handling Serie A/Italian Cup and EL.
My formation looked like this:
Stekelenburg
Cassetti - Juan - Burdisso - Jose Angel
De Rossi
Pizarro - Gago
Bojan - Totti - Osvaldo

As I said, the tactic, the whole packege seemed to really work for me, the only thing I can't understand is why everything went downhill with no apparent reason.
In the meantime, I got sacked again after 4 straight losses, being 10th in Serie A after 8 matches and this time I was really quite shocked because I felt there was still plenty of time to turn things around since the board expectations were only to acheive a EL positioning at the end.
But maybe there's a problem with Roma itself. Users who play with Napoli report about Roma going down to Serie B the second year, so ...

that could be the case... I might give Roma a go in the future :)

sorry to hear that mate!

Quick question - Does everybody have both a 'home' and 'away' tactic or just one tactic they use everywhere?

@ Raikan

Hi mate,

I have tried most of the downloadable tactics on here, however I think I struggle mostly because I dont know how the tactic works, therefore I how to make small changes when neccessary.

Therefore, say I wanted a possession tactic and wanted to use the standard 442 formation built into the game. What tweaks would you suggest making to that standard tactic to gear it towards possession?

Obviously I would choose 'control', which in-turn would choose a tempo, defensive line and width. My next step would be to change passing to shorter. What else would you suggest? Would you change playter roles to have more as support/ automatic?

Quick question - Does everybody have both a 'home' and 'away' tactic or just one tactic they use everywhere?
it depends, for my Utd save I had a home and away tactic, both completely different!

for Ajax I am using one, but I do have my two other tactics as backup and have used them several times throughout the season :)

@ Raikan

Hi mate,

I have tried most of the downloadable tactics on here, however I think I struggle mostly because I dont know how the tactic works, therefore I how to make small changes when neccessary.

Therefore, say I wanted a possession tactic and wanted to use the standard 442 formation built into the game. What tweaks would you suggest making to that standard tactic to gear it towards possession?

Obviously I would choose 'control', which in-turn would choose a tempo, defensive line and width. My next step would be to change passing to shorter. What else would you suggest? Would you change playter roles to have more as support/ automatic?
hey mate, I cannot begin to start telling you the ins and outs of making a possession tactic :) there are so many things! I would not use a 4-4-2 however... I made my M&M tactic into a little bit of a possession based tactic (it is a 4-2-4) and had over 580 passess all in all and 65% plus possession...

its all down to the PI's, but....

play short, slow, fluid, control, pressing, high defensive line, cautious tackling, zonal marking and more roaming, thats the start most of the time and use shouts like pass to feet, retain possession, work ball into box, play out of defence!

I average 450 passes per game pretty much, dependin on my changes to formation and shouts I can get over 700 easily, but you loose out on creating chances..

Just remember, possession tactics are not just about getting Xavi/Basquets/Fabregas 100 passes in a game, thats easy, possession is about a team effort, each of my players get over 40 passess each per game, excluding Gk and Cb's they are only about 12-25 at most!

the only thing I can suggest is just trying it out, start a new game for fun and use that time to perfect a good possession tactic if you like to import and use in a proper save..

if you need help, just post here :)

Hi Raikan
Just payed my first season with Mansfield with your tactics finished 5th and went up through playoffs as well as reaching final (although losing) in FA trophy thanks alot matey its fab. can you recommend a decent *** MAN and a 1st team COACH for League 2