Raikan... if i'm playing with:
-----------CF------
--AML----AMC-----AMR
--WBL----DM------WBR
-------CB-----CB-----
----------GK--------

what role should i play them?
P/s I'm playing possession football :)

you dont have to have the WBR slots, play them as full backs in the full backs slots, set to attack :) that pushes them to about halfway!

it depends on your players mate...

you dont have to have the WBR slots, play them as full backs in the full backs slots, set to attack :) that pushes them to about halfway!

it depends on your players mate...

------------------------RVP---------------------
---------Gervinho-----Arshavin-----Walcott-----
-----------------------Song---------------------
----Santos---Vermaelen----Matersaker-----Sagna
----------------------Szczesny[FONT=arial, sans-serif]------------------------------

which role should i play them? sorry if this annoyed u :)
[/FONT]

Van Persie: Treq or Adv foraward
Gervinho: Inside - attack
Walcott: Inside - attack

Arshavin: Attacking mid - attack
Song: cm - defend/support

Santos: Fullback - attack
Sagna: Fullback - attack

Vermaelen: cb - defend
Mertesacker: cb - defend
Scez: gk - defend

play short, pressing, zonal, drill cross, roaming, cautious tackling, fluid, control, default freedom, high line, slow tempo, narrow/normal width :)

Van Persie: Treq or Adv foraward
Gervinho: Inside - attack
Walcott: Inside - attack

Arshavin: Attacking mid - attack
Song: cm - defend/support

Santos: Fullback - attack
Sagna: Fullback - attack

Vermaelen: cb - defend
Mertesacker: cb - defend
Scez: gk - defend

play short, pressing, zonal, drill cross, roaming, cautious tackling, fluid, control, default freedom, high line, slow tempo, narrow/normal width :)

THANKS SO MUCH RAIKAN!!!! :) u the best :D

Hello Raikon
I have been told that you are the tactical guru of thisforum, so here I am requesting your help with my Arsenal Team.
I would like to play a 451/433 formation but I do not have aclue on how to set up the players roles and duties to get the best from them.My main problem is what role to play the central midfielders and wingers sothat they become more effective.
Also I would like some assistance with setting up mystrikers. I have been having problems with getting Van Persie to his fullpotential.
My current players are as follows:
Goal Keeper – Schzney
Right Back – Sagna/Jenkinson
Left Back – Gibbs/Santos
Central Defenders – Vermalean, Kos, Mersacker, Djhorou
Defensive Midfielder – Song, Frimpong, Coquelin
Central Midfielders – Arteta, Ramsey, (Wilshere and Diabyare injured)
Wingers – Gervinho, Walcott, Arshavin, Chamberlain,Benayoun, Rocisky
Strikers – Van Persie, Chamakh, Park

I am playing a Balance and Control Strategy
Passing Default
Creative freedom – more expressive
Closing down – default
Marking – Zonal
Roaming – More Freedom
Defensive Line – Pushed Up
Tempo – Normal
Wide Play – Normal
Counter Attack – No
Offside Trap - No

hey mate, what type of footie do you want your team to play? possession, counter, attacking?

the same goes for your player roles as my above comment's for Ian :)

If I were playing Arsenal I would do the following:
-----------------Gk----------------------
--Fb-----------Cb---Cb-----------Fb--
-----------Cm--------Cm----------
---Amr----------Amc-----------Aml---
-----------------St--------------

I am about to leave the office so wont be back til Monday, however, I would take a look at this tactic and do something very similar for Arsenal :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs-training/84096-pure-perfection%99-ccc.html

Liverpool Tactic

Hi Raikan,

I am looking to create my first ever tactic and I have decided to try this with Liverpool. The idea behind the tactic is to get the best out their big signings: Carroll as the Target man playing in Suarez just behind him, with service from Downing and Henderson on both wings...and have a playmaker role in the centre of midfield to utilise Adam / Gerrard.

I have decided to achieve this by going for an asymmetric approach although I do believe it would also work using a 4-2-2-2 shape, to be honest it just a matter of personal preference why I am picking the asymmetric line up.

I have been using your tactics since the beginning of FM11 and I must say they are as close to perfection your ever going to get in this game not just because of the impressive stats / results but more importantly the beatiful football they produce. This is the reason I am asking for your help with this tactic and I would really appreciate any feedback you can give.

I must sincerely apologise If I have got this tactic completely wrong or it seems like a rushed job as I have had not much time to put this together due to work and not to mention I am a less than amateur tactician.

Here is the link to the tactic.
View attachment 205807

Many thanks in advance
Calvin

hey mate, what type of footie do you want your team to play? possession, counter, attacking?

the same goes for your player roles as my above comment's for Ian :)

If I were playing Arsenal I would do the following:
-----------------Gk----------------------
--Fb-----------Cb---Cb-----------Fb--
-----------Cm--------Cm----------
---Amr----------Amc-----------Aml---
-----------------St--------------

I am about to leave the office so wont be back til Monday, however, I would take a look at this tactic and do something very similar for Arsenal :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/84096-pure-perfection%99-ccc.html

Raikon I would ideally like to play attacking fluid football and still maintain a solid defense. I would really like to know what team instructions you would use to achieve this. My ideal formation is 451/433 set up which would consist of a DMC and 2 CM. I am playing with Arsenal so Song would be my DMC and Ramsey and Arteta would be the central midfielders. I had a look at your Man Utd tactic and you play with two central midfielders on support duty buy with different personal instructions. I think this approach will also work in my Arsenal team but I do not know how to set up Arteta and Ramsey. This is the reason why I am asking for your help with this and I would really like your help mate because I am know tactical expert.

If you can also assist me with Song's instructions that would be very helpful. I want him to play like does in real life protecting the back four and keeping the possession in midfield ticking over. I really do want him to charge from midfield too often.

I know I am asking a lot of you mate but if you could post me some screenshots or send me some personal instructions for Song, Arteta and Ramsey that would be great.

Also the wingers in the pure perfection tactic and your Man Utd tatic are set to support. Do you think this set up would work in a 451 formation. I am worried that my lone striker would be isolated and I will not score any goals.

My last question is the strikers because I will be playing with a lone striker how would you advice that I play Van Persie, Chamakh and Park.

Hi,
My Stade Rennais team are having a rocky season in 2018 and I am thinking it is because I am not getting the most out of my tactics.. Been heavily successful in previous seasons with my 4-1-2-2-1 formation but maybe thinking it is time to change.

Standard back 4.. 2 stopper CBs with 2 auto fullbacks.. All of my defenders are fast, can pass and have a great first touch.
I use an anchor DM who has great teamwork, passing, tackling and whatnot..

From here is where I think the team needs an alteration..

Using 2 cms, one is a deep lying playmaker while the other is a ball winner. The BWM is the one that tends to get more forward and bang in goals but the DLP tends to not seem to do much apart from get skinned (usually Paul pogba who is now one of France's best midfielders.) both set to support.
My 2 wingers are set as advanced playmakers which really worked when I had brahimi operating there but with his decline the position has suffered somewhat (currently have kakuta, Bruma, perrotti and a regen to choose from.. The AML has a free role and both are set to attack

Up front I have fierro and ongenda operating lone striker in the form of a poacher.. Both speedy.. Not great in the air so crossing might not help.

I generally use a normal tempo with a shorter passing set.
Other than that I don't use any other settings.. I have bought in players who can pass, dribble and who are also fast.

Is there anything you would suggest and if you need more info, ask and I will provide it as this little slump feels like it can be avoided somewhat.

Thanks for reading

Hi Raikan,

I am looking to create my first ever tactic and I have decided to try this with Liverpool. The idea behind the tactic is to get the best out their big signings: Carroll as the Target man playing in Suarez just behind him, with service from Downing and Henderson on both wings...and have a playmaker role in the centre of midfield to utilise Adam / Gerrard.

I have decided to achieve this by going for an asymmetric approach although I do believe it would also work using a 4-2-2-2 shape, to be honest it just a matter of personal preference why I am picking the asymmetric line up.

I have been using your tactics since the beginning of FM11 and I must say they are as close to perfection your ever going to get in this game not just because of the impressive stats / results but more importantly the beatiful football they produce. This is the reason I am asking for your help with this tactic and I would really appreciate any feedback you can give.

I must sincerely apologise If I have got this tactic completely wrong or it seems like a rushed job as I have had not much time to put this together due to work and not to mention I am a less than amateur tactician.

Here is the link to the tactic.
View attachment 205807

Many thanks in advance
Calvin
hey mate :) thank you for the kind comments :0

I will take a look at it this week :) also very busy at work and home (footie etc) but will definately look at it :)

Raikon I would ideally like to play attacking fluid football and still maintain a solid defense. I would really like to know what team instructions you would use to achieve this. My ideal formation is 451/433 set up which would consist of a DMC and 2 CM. I am playing with Arsenal so Song would be my DMC and Ramsey and Arteta would be the central midfielders. I had a look at your Man Utd tactic and you play with two central midfielders on support duty buy with different personal instructions. I think this approach will also work in my Arsenal team but I do not know how to set up Arteta and Ramsey. This is the reason why I am asking for your help with this and I would really like your help mate because I am know tactical expert.

If you can also assist me with Song's instructions that would be very helpful. I want him to play like does in real life protecting the back four and keeping the possession in midfield ticking over. I really do want him to charge from midfield too often.

I know I am asking a lot of you mate but if you could post me some screenshots or send me some personal instructions for Song, Arteta and Ramsey that would be great.

Also the wingers in the pure perfection tactic and your Man Utd tatic are set to support. Do you think this set up would work in a 451 formation. I am worried that my lone striker would be isolated and I will not score any goals.

My last question is the strikers because I will be playing with a lone striker how would you advice that I play Van Persie, Chamakh and Park.
hey mate :)

I would use those exact settings (Carrick role) from the M&M tactic for Arteta and Ramsey and I would use the Dm role (Mascherano role) from this tactic for the Dm :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...on-tactic-testing-wanted-needed-please-6.html

having your wingers as support in a 433 is fine, you can use those to, if you have the players like Gervinho who like cutting in then I would change them to IF Attack rather :)

play RVP or retrain him to Amr and have him as inside forward with Park upfront :)

Hi,
My Stade Rennais team are having a rocky season in 2018 and I am thinking it is because I am not getting the most out of my tactics.. Been heavily successful in previous seasons with my 4-1-2-2-1 formation but maybe thinking it is time to change.

Standard back 4.. 2 stopper CBs with 2 auto fullbacks.. All of my defenders are fast, can pass and have a great first touch.
I use an anchor DM who has great teamwork, passing, tackling and whatnot..

From here is where I think the team needs an alteration..

Using 2 cms, one is a deep lying playmaker while the other is a ball winner. The BWM is the one that tends to get more forward and bang in goals but the DLP tends to not seem to do much apart from get skinned (usually Paul pogba who is now one of France's best midfielders.) both set to support.
My 2 wingers are set as advanced playmakers which really worked when I had brahimi operating there but with his decline the position has suffered somewhat (currently have kakuta, Bruma, perrotti and a regen to choose from.. The AML has a free role and both are set to attack

Up front I have fierro and ongenda operating lone striker in the form of a poacher.. Both speedy.. Not great in the air so crossing might not help.

I generally use a normal tempo with a shorter passing set.
Other than that I don't use any other settings.. I have bought in players who can pass, dribble and who are also fast.

Is there anything you would suggest and if you need more info, ask and I will provide it as this little slump feels like it can be avoided somewhat.

Thanks for reading

hey bud, you need to change your tactics up, I have 3 in match prep and change them every couple of games depending on home/away games, opponent and the formations my opponent lines up in :)

you need to keep em guessing and changing tactics is the best advice I can give :) trust me! I would change the DLP and BWM to both Cm support to allow a bit more go foward as well as being defensively minded too! you have an AM so you dont need another defensive mid (even a DLP is defensive)

good luck :)

where is Yann?

Hi Raykan,

i have a few questions for you.
1) What should be the best settings for a poacher to make him score a good amount of goals? if i play with 2 poachers will it work or i have to play, for example, with a poacher and a DLS?

2) Have u ever tested a 3 men defence? how do u set the 3 CBs?

3) If i'm playing witha small team and i want a good def tactic i wolud set it on rigid, counter, direct pass, hight tempo, hight def, tick counter. Is there something you would do in a different way?

hey bud, you need to change your tactics up, I have 3 in match prep and change them every couple of games depending on home/away games, opponent and the formations my opponent lines up in :)you need to keep em guessing and changing tactics is the best advice I can give :) trust me! I would change the DLP and BWM to both Cm support to allow a bit more go foward as well as being defensively minded too! you have an AM so you dont need another defensive mid (even a DLP is defensive) good luck :)where is Yann?
Where is Yann? Sold him in the recent window for a nice fee as he was unsettling the team and making noises around 4 times a season to wanting to leave for a bigger challenge and I made the decision to let him go as I have 2 youth players (well, both 19 and already good enough for the first team to do Yanns job) who I would like to blood in now for the future of the club.I changed the tactics slightly after taking your advice of changing the CM's to actual support CMs.. played 5 games and have won them all. I also changed the right advanced playmaker to an actual winger to suit what I have but in 3 of my wins I had a hard time dominating possession like I have been used to...I might slow down the tempo a tad.. With regards to changing tactics to suit other teams.. I used to tinker between the normal formation and a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which had good results but died on me quite spectacularly so I haven't dared making another tactic. I normally just change the setup to zonal mark against bigger teams and press hard versus the lesser teams..What do you think?

not bad going mate :)

that should be fine for now.. I use that formation occassionally (I push the central mid (AP) into the Amc slot)

203776d1321537369-raikan007s-4-1-3-2-possession-tactic-testing-wanted-needed-please-afc-ajax-team-selection_-overview-.png

hey mate :)

I would use those exact settings (Carrick role) from the M&M tactic for Arteta and Ramsey and I would use the Dm role (Mascherano role) from this tactic for the Dm :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...on-tactic-testing-wanted-needed-please-6.html

having your wingers as support in a 433 is fine, you can use those to, if you have the players like Gervinho who like cutting in then I would change them to IF Attack rather :)

play RVP or retrain him to Amr and have him as inside forward with Park upfront :)

Would playing Arteta and Ramsey with exactly the sameinstructions affect the way the midfield plays? I was always under theimpression that one of the midfielders needs to be a bit more attacking and theother more defensive to create a good balance. But I am not a tactical expertlike you so your advice would be greatly appreciated.
I was thinking ofplaying Van Persie as complete forward attack in the 451/433 formation.Theproblem is I do not really know what duty and player instructions would be goodfor Park and Chamakh.
Would you recommend using the pure perfection same teaminstructions in my 451/433 set up

hey bud, I have exactly the same instructions for both my fullbacks, cm's (in my 4-4-2) and wingers :) it makes it better!

that would work, if you want, you can leave all the strikers PI's as default per role, so if you play RVP and Park have it CF and maybe Poacher, you can edit the PI's after seeing how they perform on the default role settings :)

Raikan,

Im currently having quite a fair bit of success with a tactic im creating which is a 4-3-3 (ish), with 3 central midfielders, two wide AM's and a ST.

The only problem is im not creating enough CCC's.

Here's basically what the tactic is -

----------Trequarista--------

Winger----------------Winger

-------CM---AP---CM-------

DL------CB------CB-------DR

The team instructions are - Control, Def line push up, tempo slow, time wasting 2/3 up, play expressively, zonal marking, more pressing, passing mixed and focus passing down both flanks. No playmaker or target man. All player instructions are default for the roles above except the wingers to cut inside to support the ST.

I find the slower tempo and time-wasting have enabled my team to take their time more on the ball and choose better passes.

The ST & AP have attacking duties, the 2 CM's automatic, wingers support & full-backs and CB's defend.

Do you have any suggestions? Im thinking maybe have the wingers play as inside forwards, but I get alot of joy with their width.

Cheers mate for anything you can suggest. Currently 4th in La Liga with Malaga about hald-way through the first season.

Back