Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

hey mate, I cannot unfortunately.. I have not managed that low in Fm12 yet :) sorry mate!

well done on promotion though, what was your media prediction?

hey mate, I cannot unfortunately.. I have not managed that low in Fm12 yet :) sorry mate!

well done on promotion though, what was your media prediction?

I was predicted Mid Table so i am chuffed i have had to rip the team to shreds and pretty much sign a load of out of contact players. but got a few cracking youngters (well cracking for a L2 team.) what should i look out for when signing a *** MAN (eg Qualities)

Raikan I have a question - If I want to teach a player a new position, and after some time it gets natural, do I need to keep him learning that position or can I delete his teaching assignment ? Will it go back to "accomplished" or will stay natural ?
The reason I ask this is because it takes 10% of his training workload, so maybe I can save those 10% ?

Thank you in advance!

I was predicted Mid Table so i am chuffed i have had to rip the team to shreds and pretty much sign a load of out of contact players. but got a few cracking youngters (well cracking for a L2 team.) what should i look out for when signing a *** MAN (eg Qualities)

Important attributes for Asst Man are -
- Adaptability, Determination, and Motivation. Tactical knowledge also must be good..

Raikan I have a question - If I want to teach a player a new position, and after some time it gets natural, do I need to keep him learning that position or can I delete his teaching assignment ? Will it go back to "accomplished" or will stay natural ?
The reason I ask this is because it takes 10% of his training workload, so maybe I can save those 10% ?

Thank you in advance!
that also depends on hidden stats, sometimes players do but most of the time a couple of weeks or even days of taking him off retraining he drops down to accomplished.. I would leave it on :) just dont change a thing once he has become natural :)

Raikan i started a new game with ac milan. You may remember you suggested some players for me to buy to make my tottenham team the best in the world. I was able to acheive that feat and now I am looking to do the same with a new club.

Could you reccomend some good left backs i could buy? (£5-£20 mil)
Also can you suggest any centre backs within the same price range?

Raikan i started a new game with ac milan. You may remember you suggested some players for me to buy to make my tottenham team the best in the world. I was able to acheive that feat and now I am looking to do the same with a new club.

Could you reccomend some good left backs i could buy? (£5-£20 mil)
Also can you suggest any centre backs within the same price range?
Juan Forlin - Espanyol
Salvatore Bochetti - Rubin
Davide Astori - Cagliari
Jan Vertonghen - Ajax
Toby Alderwierled - Ajax
Bruno Alves - Zenit
Stephane Mbia - OM
Mehdi Benatia - Udinese
Mats Hummels - Dortmund
Stefan Reinartz - Leverkusen
Nicolas Otamendi - Porto
Avraam Papadopolous - Olympiakos (good backup and cheap)
Kader Mangane - Stade Rennais

Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras
Aly Cissokho - Lyon
Georgiy Schennikov - CSKA
Michael Kadlec - Leverkusen
Alvaro Perreria - Porto
Diego Contento - Bayern
Federico Balzaretti - Palermo
Cheick Mbengue - Tolouse
Jose Angel - Sporting
Avine - Bahia
Alex Sandro - Porto
Christian Ansaldi - Rubin
Roberto Canella - Sporting/Valencia

Juan Forlin - Espanyol
Salvatore Bochetti - Rubin
Davide Astori - Cagliari
Jan Vertonghen - Ajax
Toby Alderwierled - Ajax
Bruno Alves - Zenit
Stephane Mbia - OM
Mehdi Benatia - Udinese
Mats Hummels - Dortmund
Stefan Reinartz - Leverkusen
Nicolas Otamendi - Porto
Avraam Papadopolous - Olympiakos (good backup and cheap)
Kader Mangane - Stade Rennais

Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras
Aly Cissokho - Lyon
Georgiy Schennikov - CSKA
Michael Kadlec - Leverkusen
Alvaro Perreria - Porto
Diego Contento - Bayern
Federico Balzaretti - Palermo
Cheick Mbengue - Tolouse
Jose Angel - Sporting
Avine - Bahia
Alex Sandro - Porto
Christian Ansaldi - Rubin
Roberto Canella - Sporting/Valencia

Thanks dude. Im also starting a madrid save, just for fun!
Do these roles and duties sound right to you?

marcelo - full back/support
pepe- centre back defend
carvalho-centre back/defend
ramos - full back/support

xabi alonso deep lying playmaker/defend
kaka- box to box/ support ( or contreao ball winning mid support)

ronaldo -inside forward/attack
ozil advanced playmaker/attack
di maria - inside forward /attack

Benzema- poacher

could you make any sugggestions?

mmm is this for anyone to reply or just for you raikan cous i wouldnt use Cronaldo as an if .And i would also recommend Nicolas otamendi CB from porto

marcelo - full back - attack
pepe- centre back - cover
ramos - full back - support

xabi alonso - deep lying playmaker - support
kaka- adv playmaker - attack

if you want a ball winner use Diarra and play him as Central mid - defend/support

ronaldo
-inside forward - attack
di maria - winger - attack (cut inside)

Benzema/Higuain- poacher

mmm is this for anyone to reply or just for you raikan cous i wouldnt use Cronaldo as an if .And i would also recommend Nicolas otamendi CB from porto

he is best retrained to complete forward - attack but he wants him to play out wide :)

Otamendi was mentioned above in the list :)

marcelo - full back - attack
pepe- centre back - cover
ramos - full back - support

xabi alonso - deep lying playmaker - support
kaka- adv playmaker - attack

if you want a ball winner use Diarra and play him as Central mid - defend/support

ronaldo
-inside forward - attack
di maria - winger - attack (cut inside)

Benzema/Higuain- poacher

cheers bud.
I want an underlying rigidity to the tactic so im going for a balanced philosophy with an attacking starting strategy, probably playing direct football. So hopefully these settings should imitate something (almost) similar to real life madrid.
Does this sound correct?

oh yh, should i be asking any of my players to tight mark? the full backs? the wingers?

Last edited:
set them to press and zonal marking :) you can ask your fullbacks to tight mark along with your two Cm's :)

Raikan... i wan to make my player to press more to gain possession.. do i make them men marking or zonal?

pressing and zonal with tight marking, hassle opponenents touchline shout :)

setting zonal marking will keep the shape, man marking will take players further out of their position to close down a player!

pressing and zonal with tight marking, hassle opponenents touchline shout :)

setting zonal marking will keep the shape, man marking will take players further out of their position to close down a player!

Thanks dude :)

About team/ player instruction...

Seen ur tactic, not sure which, that u tick all the PI of a player. But what if we do that, and then we change the role (bwm, ap or so on), will the player still play the same way as our specific instructions? Same question about team style (fluid, balance, counter/ defensive, standard, attacking)..

Thanks..

if you use a tactic and change for eg: shoot from distance from never to always then yeah, it will change of course :)

if you change the role from cm-support to b2b-support and every PI is manually edited then it wont change :)

I still feel however that if you make for eg: Carrol a Poacher - attack role but edit his PI's to play like a TM he wont perform well or at his best! you need to choose the correct/best role in comparison with his stats

if you use a tactic and change for eg: shoot from distance from never to always then yeah, it will change of course :)

if you change the role from cm-support to b2b-support and every PI is manually edited then it wont change :)

I still feel however that if you make for eg: Carrol a Poacher - attack role but edit his PI's to play like a TM he wont perform well or at his best! you need to choose the correct/best role in comparison with his stats

Noted. Thanks..