Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Here's my starting line-up too -

-----------------Kadlec-------------

Bounannotte-----------------Joachin

-------Toulalan--Cazorla--Rincon-----

Monreal---Demichelis--Mathijsen--Vrajliko

--------------Cabellero-----------------

Sold Julio Baptista which was a mistake so my forwards to select from are Rondon, Juanmi (youth), Kadlec (youth) & Sanogo (again, youth). Normally play Kadlec though as he's progressing quite well and very good as getting into space and running with the ball. Rondon has been quite poor for me.

the reason why you are not creating chances is due to the fact you are playing with so much time wasting and a slower tempo, I suggest decreasing time wasting to at least (1/3) on the border of never and sometimes but ensuring its never! and increasing the tempo to at least to the border of quick/normal :)

due this and you will see that you should create at least 1 more CCC's per game! hopefully more!

Who you playing upfront as Treq? hopefully not Rondon?

you need to make the Striker role to Poacher for Kadlec and Advanced Forward for Rondon :)

Baptista is a machine :)

@ Raikan

I find if I play my ST as a trequarista, the ST always finds space up-front though? I also chose to time-waste abit and play slowly because I want to keep possession anf carve open the defense with through balls... hmmm maybe im getting quite abit wrong here lol.

If I played Kadlec as an advanced forward, but told him to close-down never, do you reckon he'd still always find space?

play Kadlec as poacher only!

if the player is given a free role and moves into channels he will find space, give the striker about halfway closing down :)

Hi mate,

If playing with a standard flat 4-4-2 formation would cut inside for the wingers impact on the amount of goals that the poacher and deep lying forward would score? I'm trying to get the wingers to score between 6 and 10 goals a season but on their current instructions they are only managing to score between 1 and 3 goals a season.

I'm currently playing with time wasting set to 13 clicks from the left and have found that this has helped me from either ending up drawing or losing games I have been winning as before this change the time wasting was set to 0.

I've also increased the tempo from 0 to 6 clicks. I didn't want to play too quickly as I like to play a short passing game.

hey wolfie,

what are you central mids roles? if your wingers cut inside from the mr and ml positions while your cm's also push up it could leave a gap and also become overcrowded in the centre... I would not have them cut inside if you are playing a 4-4-2 though! move into channels will ensure they find open space and if you have set them to run with ball often they will take on defenders..

if you set them as Amr and Aml then setting them to cut inside would work and set them to cross from mixed as well! in a Liverpool tactic I am working on for a member Downing had scored 2 goals in 2 games from arriving late at the far post after a cross in with moves into channels

you can also give them a free role :)

Hi Raikan.

My central midfield roles are - Centre Mid(support) and Centre Mid(defend).

The settings for these are below.

Centre Midfield (defend)
run from deep - rarely
run with ball - rarely
long shots -rarely
through balls - sometimes
cross ball - rarely

Centre Midfield (support)
run from deep - sometimes
run with ball - sometimes
long shots - sometimes
through balls - often
cross ball - sometimes

Wingers (attack)
run from deep - sometimes
run with ball - often
long shots - rarely
through balls - often
cross ball - sometimes
cross from - mixed
cross aim - far post
wide play - move into channels

Hi Raikan,

I am looking to create my first ever tactic and I have decided to try this with Liverpool. The idea behind the tactic is to get the best out their big signings: Carroll as the Target man playing in Suarez just behind him, with service from Downing and Henderson on both wings...and have a playmaker role in the centre of midfield to utilise Adam / Gerrard.

I have decided to achieve this by going for an asymmetric approach although I do believe it would also work using a 4-2-2-2 shape, to be honest it just a matter of personal preference why I am picking the asymmetric line up.

I have been using your tactics since the beginning of FM11 and I must say they are as close to perfection your ever going to get in this game not just because of the impressive stats / results but more importantly the beatiful football they produce. This is the reason I am asking for your help with this tactic and I would really appreciate any feedback you can give.

I must sincerely apologise If I have got this tactic completely wrong or it seems like a rushed job as I have had not much time to put this together due to work and not to mention I am a less than amateur tactician.

Here is the link to the tactic.
View attachment 205807

Many thanks in advance
Calvin

hey bud :) I worked on it for a little while last night, it was rather late, try it out and see how it goes, it is different from yours though ;) Carrol is pretty **** useless no matter what you do, but he has been playing ok, you can drop the poacher down to the Amc position as well! I did this vs Arsenal :)

View attachment 206273

View attachment 206274View attachment 206275View attachment 206276

Cheers Raikan.

Im a little reluctant to quicken up the tempo because I find as soon as I do, I start conceding.

I will do everything else you suggest though and reduce the time-wasting, put Kadlec as poacher and roaming.

I will let you know how I get on. Im also going to change the middle 3 CM's to BBM--BWM--BBM with duties S--D--S (Isco--Rincon--Cazorla) to try get more attacking support from them :)

just wish my wingers would score more goals. maybe i need to give them more roaming and increase their freedom as that is currently set to 6 clicks from the left.

that could work but could also detract them from performing other duties to!

how many assists do they get per season?

my left winger hunt scored 3 goals and made 5 assists during the league season. my right winger jarvis scored 2 goals and made 12 assists during the league season.

mr and ml are not going to score you many goals, they are there to perform 50/50 defensive and attacking duties :) so dont expect them to reach double figures :)

if you played them amr and aml you will probably get at least 3 goals more per season :)

if played as AMR/AML would you suggest cut inside or still keep as move into channels. also should i then reduce the amount of run from deep that my centre midfield on support duty has so that my defence still protected.

cheers Raikain, i'll let you know how i get on. I think with them been AMR/AML i'm going to change my full backs from support to defend duty.

I play Juve. My tactic is 442 with AMR/L. I need help with players instruction for each position. So far i have set up like this:

GK - Buffon - Defend
DR - Lichtsteiner - FB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)
DL - De Ceglie - FB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)
DC - Samba and Chiellini - CB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)
MC - Vidal and Pirlo or Marchisio CM defend (RFD - rearly, RWB - rearly, LS - rearly, TTB - sometimes, Cross - rearly) and CM support ( RFD - sometimes, RWB - sometimes, LS - sometimes, TTB - often, Cross - sometimes)
AMR/L - Krasic and Elia or Vucinic - Winger attack (RFD - sometimes, RWB - often, LS - rearly, TTB - often, Cross - sometimes, Cross from mixed, Cross aim far post, Wide play movie into chanels)
FC - Sow and Damiao - Poacher and DLF attack (with no individual changes in player instruction)

Team instructions: Rigid, Attack, Direct, Default, Default, Default, Zonal, Drill, Stick to position, Defensive line is set on 12 clicks, Wide is set on 5 clicks, Tempo is set on 11 clicks, other instructions is default.

Any suggestions?

Fullbacks to Tight Marking
Centerbacks on the last notch of Defensive on Mentality
Both Central Midfielders on Zonal marking
ST's Wide Play put it on Normal

i have adjust also this tweaks on my tactic

hey mate, I started it last night ;) managing Gladbach! just finished pre-season! drew 1:1 first game then won 4:0, 4:0, 4:1 and 1:0 in the others :) going to start tonight with the season! still not even close to being completed, maybe sometime next week only :) I am playing it now as a countering tactic but once I get in better players and perfected it I will upload it :) thanks mate, have a good one

Did you succeed? :D I've been using your old tactic on FM 12, from FM 11, didn't tweak it around much, except the way I used it on FM 11, and it's still pretty succesful. Maybe not in terms of ball possesion / chances, but in terms of getting points. Winning! :D

Been using Evian TG with it, and must say, the tactic fits quite well in the Ligue 1.