Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

TBH Vitesse is really weak. I bought 8 players ( 7 for first team), maybe that's why I got those results ?

not too bad with Vitesse Vanjagl, I had no time over the weekend to do anything, barely played Crysis 2 on my Ps3... I will get into it this week I promise :)

that many first team signings will have a limited effect yes...

hi
what are the best roles for central defenders couple?
for example central defender - stopper and limited defender cover
and is there anything particular about them I mean how much do they depend on your formation and dl/dr roles? im guessing stopper works best without a DM and stuff like that

it depends on the player and his stats, I use defend and defend, either both centrebacks or ball players (Toloi/Vertonghen/Alderweireld) or Jones and Smalling etc as cb - defend

Stoppers should not be used when playing offside trap

View attachment 208012View attachment 208013

hello Raikan007 (or anyone else:D), can you suggest me a tactic for my Real Sociedad team, I just started a new season and am creating a tactic for a respectable position in the league (10th place and up), I am already trying something, but will listen to any tips and tricks you guys have?

thanks.

how is it going so far mate? I would take the amc off and place him as a dm (Mariga) Amc should only really be used for top 6 teams :)

Hello mate what do you suggest I do with Ramsey because he is playing as an advance playmaker should i change him because arteta will be playing as central midfielder attack. with an advance playmaker attack and central midfielder attack will that leave my central midfield exposed. Also what PI would you suggest changing for Arteta as a central midfielder attack

it depends on their PI's :) if they have run from deep and run with ball often and roaming then you might be caught out :)

your dm should provide cover though, how is it coming?

I want to ask a question regarding olympics. well i got the job for spain u23 and i want to win the cup ( i know it's not very important and neither very hard to do with spain). But then any idea on how should i play them?? As for overage players , i think i will go for fabregas,xavi and iniesta. Fabregas - adavanced playmake, xavi- deep lying playmaker and iniesta - inside forward on either amr or aml. Do you think i should go with a different combination of overage players?? Btw i intend to play 4-3-3 and probably for the striker role i will have to go with muniain. Will playing him alone upfront with trequartista role work?? Any other tips on how to play this team?? Help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

if playing counter attacking football in a standard 4-4-2 formation would you play with width and a quick tempo?

View attachment 208034View attachment 208035View attachment 208036View attachment 208037

Hello Raikon can you have a look at these screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. At the moment I cannot get my team to play well no matter what I try. The main problem is the two central midfielders and striker. The striker does not seem to be isolated a lot and the midfield is working well together. I copied your DMC settings from one of your tactics and that seems to be going ok. I really want to play the 451/433 formation but at the moment I am struggling mate. Also could you have a look at my team instructions I want to play attacking football but I am aware that I only can play attacking football against weaker teams. What would you suggest for when I am playing the top four teams home and away or when I come up against Barcelona and Real Madrid

Just a quick question about swapping.

Example is between Right and Left Winger.
If i set it, will the 2 players swap their position the whole 90 mins? (meaning that Right Winger will be on the Left the whole game).
Or they constantly swapping left and right the whole time?

And how will it effect the tactic?

Thanks..

hey raikan, im about of starting a new save with schalke 04. i would like to play a 4-2-3-1, but i dont quiet know how to play Huntelaar any ideas?

have downloaded one of your tactics Raikan and extracted it to \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics but it's not showing up in my game am i extracting it to the right location thanks for your help

Hello Raikon can you have a look at these screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. At the moment I cannot get my team to play well no matter what I try. The main problem is the two central midfielders and striker. The striker does not seem to be isolated a lot and the midfield is working well together. I copied your DMC settings from one of your tactics and that seems to be going ok. I really want to play the 451/433 formation but at the moment I am struggling mate. Also could you have a look at my team instructions I want to play attacking football but I am aware that I only can play attacking football against weaker teams. What would you suggest for when I am playing the top four teams home and away or when I come up against Barcelona and Real Madrid

Hi James,

for RVP instructions,

1) dont have him play through balls often, he will look for the through ball rather than shoot or run, set it to never as he is the front line of attack and he does not need to play in another striker
2) do not have him hold up the ball, you want him to take on defenders when he gets the ball, not slow it down and look for the pass!
3) way too much creative freedom, he also works best as an Advanced Forward :)

for Arteta,

1) I have mentioned before to you, he is NOT a DLP!
2) you need him ro run from deep sometimes to get forward, change role to advanced play - attack
3) move into channels wide play, this creates space for the pass
4) tight marking

for Ramsey,

1) too much creative freedom, no one in your team so far is going to adhere to any team instructions you have given them...
2) change cross from deep, not byline
4) tight marking

Just a quick question about swapping.

Example is between Right and Left Winger.
If i set it, will the 2 players swap their position the whole 90 mins? (meaning that Right Winger will be on the Left the whole game).
Or they constantly swapping left and right the whole time?

And how will it effect the tactic?

Thanks..

they will swap like every 5 minutes or so (well not sure exactly what timing, but they continually swap the entire game, they will not play the entire game on the opposite flank)

it will make it better, it makes it harder for defenders to defend!

hey raikan, im about of starting a new save with schalke 04. i would like to play a 4-2-3-1, but i dont quiet know how to play Huntelaar any ideas?

Poacher, run with ball rarely, no long shots, no through balls, crossing sometimes from byline, little freedo, moves into channels and high attacking!

have downloaded one of your tactics Raikan and extracted it to \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics but it's not showing up in my game am i extracting it to the right location thanks for your help

which one is mate? :) if its M&M it is because it has been RAR'd, you need to unrar it :)

Hi James,

for RVP instructions,

1) dont have him play through balls often, he will look for the through ball rather than shoot or run, set it to never as he is the front line of attack and he does not need to play in another striker
2) do not have him hold up the ball, you want him to take on defenders when he gets the ball, not slow it down and look for the pass!
3) way too much creative freedom, he also works best as an Advanced Forward :)

for Arteta,

1) I have mentioned before to you, he is NOT a DLP!
2) you need him ro run from deep sometimes to get forward, change role to advanced play - attack
4) tight marking
£@
for Ramsey,

1) too much creative freedom, no one in your team so far is going to adhere to any team instructions you have given them...
2) change cross from deep, not byline
4) tight marking

Thanks for that mate. If Arteta is set to advance playmaker attack would you recommend playing Ramsey as
advance playmaker support. Also what would you suggest in terms of setting their mentality and creative freedom
Also with Van Persie playing as the lone striker would you recommend playing Gervinho has an inside forward support and Walcott as winger support. I can send you my screenshot for Gervinho and Walcott so you can tell me what tweaks I need to make to their PI