Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

yes mate it's the M&M but have also tried a few other tactics and i can't seem to get them onto FM2012 have tried to unrar it but have no idea what i'm doing

donwload a tactic (if it is WINRAR unrar it) take the file and paste into:

mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12/tactics

what operating system are you using?

Hello Raikon I have been trying to dominate the midfield by playing a 451/433 formation. I have read so many threads on midfield combinations and playing settings but I am not getting the tactical part of this game right. I like playing the 451/433 because I want to dominate the game and control the midfield.

I have now decided to try playing two advance playmakers - support in center midfield with defensive midfielder just behind them. My two central midfielders at the moment are Arteta and Ramsey I am thinking of buying Fellani or Yann M' Villa to add a little steal to my midfield.

Do you think it is possible to play Fellani or Yann M'Villa as advance playmakers with a support duty alongside Arteta or should I stay with the Ramsey and Arteta combination in midfield. I was thinking of those hard away games against Chelsea and Man Utd and the extra muscle in center midfield might help. My other option would be to play Frimpong as a ball winning midfield support in the tough away games. What do you think would be the best option for me

Please could you have a look at the screenshots below and let me know what you think and what would you change to dominate the midfield battle. I prefer to use a complete forward attack duty in my formation. Could you have a look at my screenshot below for my striker and let me know what I should change to ensure that he links play with the midfield and is not left isolated. Chamakh is playing now because Van Persie is injured and I am thinking of getting either Moussa Sow or Edison Cavanni to rotate as complete forward with Van Persie what do you think

View attachment 209602View attachment 209603View attachment 209604

hey James,

1) you cannot play Yann or Maroune as an advanced playmaker.. lol! they are Cm - defend or Bwm - support/defend

2) in away games or bigger games, have your Dm and the attacking Cm (playmaker) but for the other Cm slot employ one of the above roles to the above players...

you cannot play Carrol as a Poacher, he will get **** ratings, you cannot play Kovacic as a ball winning mid etc etc... play the players in their correct roles, then give them the correct instructions that suit their stats

3) I am busy with creating one as many members have asked for it again like last year, same formation but I have really tried a different approach now with closing down and marking, its completely stand off and no closing down/zonal marking but tight marking (makes them jockey the player withouth committing until the perfect moment) its working out REALLY well!

I play a dm - defend no instructions except for through balls sometimes and the tw cm's are setup in my Carrick role (the dm is the Mascherano role) he is the only one who closes down a little bit!

the main attacks come from out wide :) and then through the centre, the wingers play in through balls and cross always run with ball always, scored 10 goals in 2 games not conceding a goal yet! but still along way from being ready :)

keep the midfield uncomplicated but ensure you use the wingers correctly!

Hey Raikon could you help with setting up my wingers because I am struggling getting Walcott and Gervinho to score goals. Because I am only playing with one striker I am really need my wingers to score and assist goals. My striker is playing as a complete forward with an attack duty and full backs are set to automatic. My team strategy is as follows

Team Set Up
Fluid
Attacking
Passing Shorter
More Disciplined
Press More
Tackling - More Aggressive
Drill Croses
More Roaming

Tempo Quick
Wide Play - Wide
Time Wasting - Rarely
Counter Attack - Yes
Pass Focus - Down both flanks
Play Offside - Yes

Could you also have a look at the wingers set up and let me know what I am doing wrong because I cannot seem to get them to score enough goals.I had a look at your winger set up in the M&M formation and you have them both on support. Do you get scoring enough goals with a support duty.

View attachment 209640

Walcott has also the same set up as Gervinho. You mentioned about reducing their creative freedom but I do not know how much to reduce it by.

I want to try and use the Carrick role for Arteta and Ramsey but I am worried that they will not score enough goals that is why I wanted your help with getting the wingers and strikers right because they will be the main source of all my goals.

Thanks

it takes a while for teams to get used to possession tactics, use attacking movements on match prep and change run with ball and cross ball for your wingers to sometimes :)

My winger's wide play is move into channels.. and i can see during the match, my winger doesn't want to cross.. It always looking for others players such as FB.. Thats why my FB passing rate is high than my CM.. How can i solve this problem? Or just change my winger's wide play??

My winger's wide play is move into channels.. and i can see during the match, my winger doesn't want to cross.. It always looking for others players such as FB.. Thats why my FB passing rate is high than my CM.. How can i solve this problem? Or just change my winger's wide play??

set to cut inside :)

set to cross often then and from byline!

Hey Raikon could you help with setting up my wingers because I am struggling getting Walcott and Gervinho to score goals. Because I am only playing with one striker I am really need my wingers to score and assist goals. My striker is playing as a complete forward with an attack duty and full backs are set to automatic. My team strategy is as follows

Team Set Up
Fluid
Attacking
Passing Shorter
More Disciplined
Press More
Tackling - More Aggressive
Drill Croses
More Roaming

Tempo Quick
Wide Play - Wide
Time Wasting - Rarely
Counter Attack - Yes
Pass Focus - Down both flanks
Play Offside - Yes

Could you also have a look at the wingers set up and let me know what I am doing wrong because I cannot seem to get them to score enough goals.I had a look at your winger set up in the M&M formation and you have them both on support. Do you get scoring enough goals with a support duty.

View attachment 209640

Walcott has also the same set up as Gervinho. You mentioned about reducing their creative freedom but I do not know how much to reduce it by.

I want to try and use the Carrick role for Arteta and Ramsey but I am worried that they will not score enough goals that is why I wanted your help with getting the wingers and strikers right because they will be the main source of all my goals.

Thanks

James, I have told you before what to do for the wingers :) you have not done them!

James:

for both wingers:

1) reduce freedom to at least 5
2) through balls often
3) long shots never
4) cross aim near post
5) run from deep sometimes

well it depends on the instructions, if you have them bombing forward everytime they get possession then yes, if they play controlled football like Carrick then no! just decrease all the freedom and only allow at most, 3 players normal/high freedom! Its only effective in small doses!

To be honest, I would not give high freedom to anyone in your team! wingers should be as low as possible and most of the time your striker too! you dont want him doing stupid things, you want him to score! simple!

James, I have told you before what to do for the wingers :) you have not done them!
Hello mate thanks for the advice on setting up my wingers. I can now see some improvements in their play. I am still having some problems with tactic. I am now finding that my striker is getting very isolated playing as the lone striker. I have my striker set to complete forward attack and the midfielders are both set to the carrick role with the DM playing the mascherno role. Could you please offer me any advice on how the deal with this area.

Raikan,

I have used this tactics for a few seasons now. My best success was in the first season. Despite having world beaters in my starting lineup I am not scoring as many as I thought I would and my defence is abit leaky. Can you have a look please or make some recomendations.

Thanks man.
ps. I have never asked anyone to have a look at my tactics before :)

Ajax (Liverpool, Sep 2014).tac

Raikan,

I have used this tactics for a few seasons now. My best success was in the first season. Despite having world beaters in my starting lineup I am not scoring as many as I thought I would and my defence is abit leaky. Can you have a look please or make some recomendations.

Thanks man.

Hello mate thanks for the advice on setting up my wingers. I can now see some improvements in their play. I am still having some problems with tactic. I am now finding that my striker is getting very isolated playing as the lone striker. I have my striker set to complete forward attack and the midfielders are both set to the carrick role with the DM playing the mascherno role. Could you please offer me any advice on how the deal with this area.

play wider to get your wingers involved more! increase running from deep and running with ball for your cm's and play through balls often :)

set your wingers to play through balls often, have RVP moving into channels and running from deep always, no holding up the ball as CF have this as default! see how that goes, play more direct and quicker too!

Raikan,

Thanks man.

hey bud :) I will do it this evening :) still have Van's Vitesse to look at.. had no time over the past week, have not played in over a week :)

Hello Raikan,
your tactics are awesome, in my Juventus save I'm now 34 games unbeaten with the tactics combo M&M and S&S, and this with the starting players (no new signing at all!). Brilliant!
Now I'm tryng to develop my own tactic, and have a question for you.
In a 3 CBs tactic i'm trying to make the central CB to be more involved in the buildup. Ideally he should occupy the DM position when the team is in possession, but it seems I'm unable to do this.
I think I've tried all the settings to make it work (high mentality, hold up, roaming, even wide play set to move in channel) but neither of these do the job.
Can you help me?

Hello Raikan,
your tactics are awesome, in my Juventus save I'm now 34 games unbeaten with the tactics combo M&M and S&S, and this with the starting players (no new signing at all!). Brilliant!
Now I'm tryng to develop my own tactic, and have a question for you.
In a 3 CBs tactic i'm trying to make the central CB to be more involved in the buildup. Ideally he should occupy the DM position when the team is in possession, but it seems I'm unable to do this.
I think I've tried all the settings to make it work (high mentality, hold up, roaming, even wide play set to move in channel) but neither of these do the job.
Can you help me?

cheers mate, I am glad they work well for you!

set his run from deep/run with ball/through balls to sometimes (this will push him a little further up the field than the other two cb's when in possession and also not in possession)

set his attacking mentality to normal, like halfway! normal freedom but on the border of little

normal wide play, not move into channels or roaming

no long shots and crossing either, crossing set from deep!

hold up ball well that you can play around with :)

set him to tight mark zonally and set his closing down to own half only, set it a little more than the other two cb's though which will force him to close down a little further up the field and act as a dm in a way :) at least 5 clicks more (I talk in clicks but I never use them etc.. you get what I mean hey?)

Thx mate! Tried it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work well. After giving him maxed mentality and run from deep often he plays just in a little bit more advanced position than the other two CBs, but it's still far from what I had in mind. Not sure it's possible in FM12 to have him playing the way I like.

Hi raikan, have been taking an interest into your tactics for fm 12 and 11 and am currently in desperate need of help. Im QPR, just started 3rd season. Finished 1st season 14th and 2nd 17th, whch is poor in my opinion. Although iv tried your tactics and they work awesome, i wanna make my own tactics work. Currently set to a 4-2-4 which has 2 attacking side midfielders a amc and dmc. My strikers dont score and my defence leaks poor goals. I have made alot of young signings such as sanogo, griffiths, romario and crisetig and even acquired adam johnson and weiss from city on the summer break. I believe the signings iv made should leave me a top half club but first 3 games iv played in prem this season lost like 3-0 n that. Im playing all of my players in their prefered roles and havent realy changed my team/player settings too much. Any help would be much appreciated!!

in general, how should a defense/counter tactic be set up?
quick long passes, what formations, wideness, roles, instructions stuff like that
or maybe you have a particular defense tactic?

Hi raikan, have been taking an interest into your tactics for fm 12 and 11 and am currently in desperate need of help. Im QPR, just started 3rd season. Finished 1st season 14th and 2nd 17th, whch is poor in my opinion. Although iv tried your tactics and they work awesome, i wanna make my own tactics work. Currently set to a 4-2-4 which has 2 attacking side midfielders a amc and dmc. My strikers dont score and my defence leaks poor goals. I have made alot of young signings such as sanogo, griffiths, romario and crisetig and even acquired adam johnson and weiss from city on the summer break. I believe the signings iv made should leave me a top half club but first 3 games iv played in prem this season lost like 3-0 n that. Im playing all of my players in their prefered roles and havent realy changed my team/player settings too much. Any help would be much appreciated!!

hey bud :) cheers!

I would drop the wingers to the Mr and Ml roles, its too attacking, if you like the Amc then do that otherwise drop the amc to cm and drop one striker to cm as well and play a 433 (dm two cm's and wingers with one striker)

I think seeing as though you are QPR and still not top 10 material yet, I would employ and Anchor man or a Defensive mid :) have Weiss and Johnson as inside forwards cutting inside supporting the striker :)

in general, how should a defense/counter tactic be set up?
quick long passes, what formations, wideness, roles, instructions stuff like that
or maybe you have a particular defense tactic?

1) balanced/counter/quick/wide (if you have quick pacey wingers) normal/pressing/zonal/cautious/counter attack button ticked/no offside/deep defensive line

use shouts like get ball forward/pass into space/clear ball to flanks (works well when underdogs and have quick wingers)

The S&S gets me over 72% average possession, sometimes over 81% (alot of the time) so not much defending needs to be done there :)