Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

attack and attack :)

Would having both players as advance playmaker attack leave my midfield exposed to quick counter attacks through the middle. Would you recommend reduces their attacking mentality. I am using a number slider so if you could let me know how much i should reduce their attacking mentality and creative freedom that would be great.

I have added the screenshots for Gervinho and Walcott playing as inside forwards in my 451/433 formation. Could you please suggest any changes that I should make.

View attachment 208673View attachment 208674

Thanks mate you are tactical legend

for both wingers:

1) reduce freedom to at least 5
2) through balls often
3) long shots never
4) cross aim near post
5) run from deep sometimes

well it depends on the instructions, if you have them bombing forward everytime they get possession then yes, if they play controlled football like Carrick then no! just decrease all the freedom and only allow at most, 3 players normal/high freedom! Its only effective in small doses!

To be honest, I would not give high freedom to anyone in your team! wingers should be as low as possible and most of the time your striker too! you dont want him doing stupid things, you want him to score! simple!

for both wingers:

1) reduce freedom to at least 5
2) through balls often
3) long shots never
4) cross aim near post
5) run from deep sometimes

well it depends on the instructions, if you have them bombing forward everytime they get possession then yes, if they play controlled football like Carrick then no! just decrease all the freedom and only allow at most, 3 players normal/high freedom! Its only effective in small doses!

To be honest, I would not give high freedom to anyone in your team! wingers should be as low as possible and most of the time your striker too! you dont want him doing stupid things, you want him to score! simple!

Should I make any changes to the mentalities of the wingers and central midfielders strikers I have them all set to 20 on slider max attacking. What do you think I should do mate

NO, change the creative freedom mate..... you are too attacking and too much freedom! you need to tone it down, not increase it :)

hi, i just won EPL and FA Cup in my first season with United and i had never tried to repeat the game if i lost. So, this is my strategy. United is basically good in 4-4-2 formation with Chicharito as a poacher, Rooney as a trequartista, Nani & valencia winger (attack), Anderson advnc Playmaker (attack), Carrick deep-lying-play maker (defend), Vidic & Rio centre back (defend), Smalling & Evra full back (support)/ (defend if facing a strong team like City), i always use control strategy, fluid philosophy, shorter pass style, more expressive, press more, man marking and more roaming, def line deep, time wasting rarely with counter attack, pass to feet, retain posession, play narrower, exploit the middle, play through defense, work ball onto box

For set pieces, i always aim the ball to the near post and place Rio and Vidic in near post and from the stats they both scored 12 times that mostly came from corners, the corner kick-takers must be nani (left), Giggs (right), Valencia (right).

With that strategy i am succesfully lead United to won the EPL and FA Cup, Chicha became top scorer with 26 goals, then united didn't conceded 6 games that became a new record for united, Chica had scored 47 times with 48 appearances in all competitions this season, united made 25 goals from direct corner in EPL this season,

i always close down and tightly mark all opponents and my team talk is always passionate and i made team meeting periodically to boost players' motivation, that's all my tactic and strategy for united, hope it can be useful for you, cheers =))

i'll post some pictures of my players and club stats later, ok

Last edited:
i recommend to sign Christian Eriksen from Ajax, he is 19 years old and a playmaker, either preferred foot, Danish national team, he made 14 appearances for my team and produced 6 assists and 2 goals, he is a good signing i think

No I mean the files on people's tactics threads are they a file to put in you pc so they come up in game

No I mean the files on people's tactics threads are they a file to put in you pc so they come up in game

you need to take that file and put it in:

mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12/tactics

then you need to upload it in the tactic screen:
(click add tactic middle bottom left)

View attachment 209072

Hello raikan..

i want to ask you one things.. I play Malaga Fc just for fun.. I using your Short and Sweet tactic.. my question is, during the match, i see my player had the ball almost the match. Unfortunately, they seen like doesn't want to create a chance. they just pass, pass and pass. I want to ask you how to ensure my player keep the ball at the same time create a lot of CCC... Thank you..
(my english bad)..

which one is mate? :) if its M&M it is because it has been RAR'd, you need to unrar it :)

yes mate it's the M&M but have also tried a few other tactics and i can't seem to get them onto FM2012 have tried to unrar it but have no idea what i'm doing

Hello Raikon I have been trying to dominate the midfield by playing a 451/433 formation. I have read so many threads on midfield combinations and playing settings but I am not getting the tactical part of this game right. I like playing the 451/433 because I want to dominate the game and control the midfield.

I have now decided to try playing two advance playmakers - support in center midfield with defensive midfielder just behind them. My two central midfielders at the moment are Arteta and Ramsey I am thinking of buying Fellani or Yann M' Villa to add a little steal to my midfield.

Do you think it is possible to play Fellani or Yann M'Villa as advance playmakers with a support duty alongside Arteta or should I stay with the Ramsey and Arteta combination in midfield. I was thinking of those hard away games against Chelsea and Man Utd and the extra muscle in center midfield might help. My other option would be to play Frimpong as a ball winning midfield support in the tough away games. What do you think would be the best option for me

Please could you have a look at the screenshots below and let me know what you think and what would you change to dominate the midfield battle. I prefer to use a complete forward attack duty in my formation. Could you have a look at my screenshot below for my striker and let me know what I should change to ensure that he links play with the midfield and is not left isolated. Chamakh is playing now because Van Persie is injured and I am thinking of getting either Moussa Sow or Edison Cavanni to rotate as complete forward with Van Persie what do you think

View attachment 209602View attachment 209603View attachment 209604

In Might the magic can i move one cm to dm ? if i can what role to set him ?

Hello raikan..

i want to ask you one things.. I play Malaga Fc just for fun.. I using your Short and Sweet tactic.. my question is, during the match, i see my player had the ball almost the match. Unfortunately, they seen like doesn't want to create a chance. they just pass, pass and pass. I want to ask you how to ensure my player keep the ball at the same time create a lot of CCC... Thank you..
(my english bad)..

it takes a while for teams to get used to possession tactics, use attacking movements on match prep and change run with ball and cross ball for your wingers to sometimes :)