Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 768
  • Views Views 159K
hey raikan I want you to ask something is there any option for my amr and aml to stop shooting often... for example I have a counter attack and my striker is alone in the midle but my amr or aml often shoots and miss instead of give a goal... is there any tweak or something to change that?

1) no long shots instructions (no shouts either: shoots on site etc, must all be off)
2) check their PPM's (if they have likes to shoot from range, try and ask them to unlearn it)
3) run with ball often and through balls often is the best way for them to dribble and not shoot
4) giving them a little more creative freedom may help! if it is high already, turn it down!
5) use the shout: Work ball into box!

Thanks for quick reply :)
1) Yeah I have tried 2-3 of them. Il devasto most notably - had terrible results with it (3-4 defeats with 4,5-0). I was considering to try your 433DM tactic, but I see that it requires Inside Forwards which in this low competition levels are impossible to find (also quickest players have 12-13 pace, and you said it requires QUICK players...). Almost all tactics here (which I have read about) requires top teams and top players, not many are designed to help low level/outsider teams.
2) No I havent because I didnt knew that :) Ill try to switch to classic and hope for the best.

1) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...636-might-magic%99-raikan007.html#post1343063

the Dm 433 does work pretty well lower down mate! that should be fine pace for the tactic! its working well for my Sheff Utd save (top by 25 points or so) and is working well for other members with smaller lower teams :)

2) try switching this above to classic :)

hey raikan, was starting a career mode with crawley and wondered what the best way to play a tactic is with a flat 4-4-2 formation in league 1/2? cheers pal hope to hear back

hey raikan, was starting a career mode with crawley and wondered what the best way to play a tactic is with a flat 4-4-2 formation in league 1/2? cheers pal hope to hear back

hey bud, it depends on the players :)

but wide mids on attack, ball winner and cm - support with centre backs and full backs on support with a poacher and target man type setup :)

run with ball often, no through balls, no crossing, no long shots and make sure the player has good dribbling, pace, technique, flair and decision stats!

PPM's like runs with ball often will also help!

How about creative freedom? high or low? thanks buddy

Hey, I havejust signed with ipswich in early december and I have no idea what tactics to use, so i was wondering if anyone can post a link to a tried and tested tactic to use for lower half championship teams, as I don't havetime to create one because of work and college etc.. any help will be much appreciated thanks

Hello Raikan,
I am starting a new game with my local team Hartlepool United and they are a low table league 1 side. Alot of the tactics on the forums cater to top teams and i was wondering what 3 tactics i should have my team learn. After much deliberation i think i will learn the team M&M, S&S and your 4-5-1 tactic. However i am really confused wether to use the home M&M or use the away one since there such a weak team ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Raikan,
I am starting a new game with my local team Hartlepool United and they are a low table league 1 side. Alot of the tactics on the forums cater to top teams and i was wondering what 3 tactics i should have my team learn. After much deliberation i think i will learn the team M&M, S&S and your 4-5-1 tactic. However i am really confused wether to use the home M&M or use the away one since there such a weak team ? Thanks in advance for your help.

hey bud, convert the M&M to classic mode :) the rest should be fine, just have quick players :) especially wingers and strikers!

hey raikan, can u help about my team
- i always being concede by long shots
- my defensive line dont want to touch the opppnents attacking player even in penalty box
- my more defensive midfield try to win the ball only before my area,, after come to my area they just do shadowing to opponents
- i need my midfield always hastle opponents n make tackle to win the ball
- i want my defender chase the ball and win it, not just watch until opponets give us long shoots

may this things asked by someone,, but thx for answer me

hey raikan, can u help about my team
- i always being concede by long shots
- my defensive line dont want to touch the opppnents attacking player even in penalty box
- my more defensive midfield try to win the ball only before my area,, after come to my area they just do shadowing to opponents
- i need my midfield always hastle opponents n make tackle to win the ball
- i want my defender chase the ball and win it, not just watch until opponets give us long shoots

may this things asked by someone,, but thx for answer me

hey bud,

1) close down, pressing and man marking
2) tight marking, closing down
3) closing down slider - whole pitch!
4) closing down full and hard tackling, use shouts: hassle opponents
5) closing down and tight marking

Hi Raikan,

I'm managing Sochaux and I wanna play a 4-2-3-1 formation with wingers. The problem I've had with this formation in the past is that my wingers don't track the opposition full-backs properly, unless I assign them each to a specific man-marking role in every game. So, my question is, how do I get my wingers to track the opposition full-backs (without doing the man-marking business every game)?

Cheers.

hey bud,

1) close down, pressing and man marking
2) tight marking, closing down
3) closing down slider - whole pitch!
4) closing down full and hard tackling, use shouts: hassle opponents
5) closing down and tight marking

ok thx will try it,, success for u raikan

weak team concept

Hi,
i am not new to football manager - i played FM 2010 a lot. I am reading some threads about tactics, player skills and what and how it works again to refresh. This will be longer - i hope you finish reading and provide me some help.
I never seen much sense in playing for best teams in Europe, i just wanted to build SOMETHING from not exactly nothing, but from weaker clubs. I chose my favourite team from my country - Žilina - they were playing European League, or Champions League and when i quilified i got better players and in final i was Champions League regular, beucase when my players got good, someone bigger bought them and there were no way how to resist or how to buy some better players.
Right now i was really happy to hear, that in new FM 2012 there is some kind of league rating i can make better with my successes and increase reputation so it will be easier to hold good player and maybe even buy some (can you please tell me if its true?).
But i moved to new city and country (just around the corner) - to Brno, Czech republic. I came up with idea, that i want to build team out of it.
BUT - i wont have funds in second season for European league or CHampions league - so i cant build up team around tactics i want to play (when i choose one).
I realized, that Brno is is 2nd league (i am not familiar if 2nd league in CZ is in FM 2012). They totally sold out their squad, so its woth mid-table.
So i need tactics that i can outplay better and also worse teams. I need some trick how to find adequate-fitting player that can help, but wont be expensive. Should i focus on primary skills and just check, if there is some level of secondary? Or balanced?
I was thinking about trying out with youth talents, but i wont have adeaquate coaches for them - to improve effectively.
Thanks for help

Hi,
i am not new to football manager - i played FM 2010 a lot. I am reading some threads about tactics, player skills and what and how it works again to refresh. This will be longer - i hope you finish reading and provide me some help.
I never seen much sense in playing for best teams in Europe, i just wanted to build SOMETHING from not exactly nothing, but from weaker clubs. I chose my favourite team from my country - Žilina - they were playing European League, or Champions League and when i quilified i got better players and in final i was Champions League regular, beucase when my players got good, someone bigger bought them and there were no way how to resist or how to buy some better players.
Right now i was really happy to hear, that in new FM 2012 there is some kind of league rating i can make better with my successes and increase reputation so it will be easier to hold good player and maybe even buy some (can you please tell me if its true?).
But i moved to new city and country (just around the corner) - to Brno, Czech republic. I came up with idea, that i want to build team out of it.
BUT - i wont have funds in second season for European league or CHampions league - so i cant build up team around tactics i want to play (when i choose one).
I realized, that Brno is is 2nd league (i am not familiar if 2nd league in CZ is in FM 2012). They totally sold out their squad, so its woth mid-table.
So i need tactics that i can outplay better and also worse teams. I need some trick how to find adequate-fitting player that can help, but wont be expensive. Should i focus on primary skills and just check, if there is some level of secondary? Or balanced?
I was thinking about trying out with youth talents, but i wont have adeaquate coaches for them - to improve effectively.
Thanks for help

hey bud,

welcome to Fm-base firstly :) secondly what exactly are you requiring? downloadable tactics?

I would not concentrate on youth at all! get in players that will do the job NOW! not in 4 years time! once you have established yourself in the main league then you can start planning for youth and the future!

look for pace/acceleration and stamina/fitness stats mostly for lower clubs!

good luck :)

let me know if you require anything else or if I missed the point

Thank you for advice - i wanted to hear something like that about skills.

Secondly - what tactics can do that job with such a players? (pace/acc for forwards, wings), stamina/fitness for defending players (if i understood corectly)

You can tell me by words (and i can find something to download) or you can post it here. If you can take a quick peek at Brno squad and tell what can work there - it would be great too :-)

thanks,
nihatek

Thank you for advice - i wanted to hear something like that about skills.

Secondly - what tactics can do that job with such a players? (pace/acc for forwards, wings), stamina/fitness for defending players (if i understood corectly)

You can tell me by words (and i can find something to download) or you can post it here. If you can take a quick peek at Brno squad and tell what can work there - it would be great too :-)

thanks,
nihatek

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...408-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html

Hey |Raikan, I need to know who the best BWM is in the game. Money is no object have upwards of 50 million, also i need to no for the future what attributes i should look for in the same position. For the future regens.
Cheers for any help and reccomendations :)

EDIT: I already have M'Villa but he just is'nt preforming. Probz cuz thats not his normal or prefered role/ position

Last edited:
Any ideas on missing penalties please? I've got fairly good takers (Rafinha is my primary, I have plenty in, around, or above 15 in penalty taking as an attribute) but regardless of who steps up, we miss almost all of them. In the last two seasons I've scored just one penalty kick, and it was via Phillip Lahm of all people (11 penalties lol!), I win a fair few, too. Really frustrating to see them foul my guys in the box with me missing every **** time.

Back