Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 768
  • Views Views 159K
Hey |Raikan, I need to know who the best BWM is in the game. Money is no object have upwards of 50 million, also i need to no for the future what attributes i should look for in the same position. For the future regens.
Cheers for any help and reccomendations :)

EDIT: I already have M'Villa but he just is'nt preforming. Probz cuz thats not his normal or prefered role/ position

Lars Bender/Gabiy Mudingayi/Angelo Palombo/Maroune Fellaini/Fernando/Kader Mangane/Kara/Javi Martinez (trained for defence)

Tackling/stamina/marking/positioning/strength/pace/passing/decisions etc :)

Any ideas on missing penalties please? I've got fairly good takers (Rafinha is my primary, I have plenty in, around, or above 15 in penalty taking as an attribute) but regardless of who steps up, we miss almost all of them. In the last two seasons I've scored just one penalty kick, and it was via Phillip Lahm of all people (11 penalties lol!), I win a fair few, too. Really frustrating to see them foul my guys in the box with me missing every **** time.

lol, that is just bad luck mate, there is nothing more you can do! penalty taking attribute/ave rating on the day are the only factors :)

lol, that is just bad luck mate, there is nothing more you can do! penalty taking attribute/ave rating on the day are the only factors

Haha thanks anyways. I guess I can blame any failures from the spot on the game hating me then, rather than my limited abilities!

Like I said earlier, one penalty converted over the last two years, and was eliminated from the German cup no less than three times on shootouts in the last three (i.e. every **** time!).

in FLAT 442 formation is moving in channels a good wideplay setting for wingers. Also i have them as RWB often

in FLAT 442 formation is moving in channels a good wideplay setting for wingers. Also i have them as RWB often

not a bad idea, if your Wb's are moving into channels I suggest changing it to normal and rather have your wide players do it

not a bad idea, if your Wb's are moving into channels I suggest changing it to normal and rather have your wide players do it

NO no sorry i meant i have my wingers set to move into channels and run with balls often or should i change it to sometimes, basically need to create more CCCs

Last edited:
NO no sorry i meant i have my wingers set to move into channels and run with balls often or should i change it to sometimes, basically need to create more CCCs

that should be fine mate :) what are you strikers doing?

Raikan007 what tactic could shall I use for a career with Southampton????

Hey Raikan, could you take a look at my tactic setup and tell me if you see any obvious errors/problems with it or what you think I should change?

SLEjH.jpg

Hey Raikan, could you take a look at my tactic setup and tell me if you see any obvious errors/problems with it or what you think I should change?

Change passing to shorter, float crosses for Lewondowski, roaming on! play offside with such a high d-line as well :)

Thanks! Will try those changes :D

As a side note, off topic, FM-Base is awesome! Love this site :)

Last edited:
..I am playing with Plymouth, just got them into premiership. Currently using 4 3 2(wingers, 1 AP and 1 x winger) PLayed 9 games 7 goal for and 18 against 3 point, rock bottom..What formation do you think will help me survive and cause some upsets.
My BASIC 1ST 17 IS:
K Sommer

A Smith
MBeevers
J Van Nuland
J Mattock

C Eastmond
P Pogba
L Crisetig

R Morrison
C Wickham

J Adam

R Elliot
L Soukouna
Y Sanogo
J Richards
K tRIPPIER
tHIAGO.

PLease any advise will be appreciated.

..I am playing with Plymouth, just got them into premiership. Currently using 4 3 2(wingers, 1 AP and 1 x winger) PLayed 9 games 7 goal for and 18 against 3 point, rock bottom..What formation do you think will help me survive and cause some upsets.
My BASIC 1ST 17 IS:
K Sommer

A Smith
MBeevers
J Van Nuland
J Mattock

C Eastmond
P Pogba
L Crisetig

R Morrison
C Wickham

J Adam

R Elliot
L Soukouna
Y Sanogo
J Richards
K tRIPPIER
tHIAGO.

PLease any advise will be appreciated.

hey bud, maybe try one of these, I cant give you suggestions on creating a whole new tactic :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...408-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-attacking-possession-tactic-raikan007.html

play both on counter and rigid :)

Raikan,

Thanks will give them ago, do you think this squad can suvive in the premiership??? if not what players can i bring in to strengthen the squard..

Apreciate your input and time.

Cheers
Wayne

Raikan,

Thanks will give them ago, do you think this squad can suvive in the premiership??? if not what players can i bring in to strengthen the squard..

Apreciate your input and time.

Cheers
Wayne
yeah definitely mate, you should, hopefully even 12-8th

how much do you have?

Hi Raikon I rarely post on FM base anymore I just read all the forums for advice. You probably won't have a clue who I am and what I'm about, but I was the guy on FM11 that did over 60 years at Aston Villa and broke every possible Premier League record for goal scoring, clean sheets and assists etc you name it I smashed it. I was on cloud 9 winning every trophy pretty much every season while boasting an incredibly young team all signed at u18 level turning into homegrown players etc and low wage budget. The tactic I used was a 4-1-2-1-2 that I created.
View attachment 227025
Above is the Aston Villa tactic that won me every trophy I competed in over the 60+ seasons. I have been using with Everton with limited success. I was unbeaten at home but struggled to find any form in all my away games.

Last Season's Home and Away Form
View attachment 227026 View attachment 227027

I am currently working on a 4-6-0 tactic which is similar to the formation that Barcelona are currently adapting.View attachment 227028

The best result I've had to date
View attachment 227030 View attachment 227031
My best performance to date with the tactic

The tactic I'm trying to create:
Short passing style
High possession
High number of passes
High number of CCC's
High pass completion

Player Instructions I'm using:
View attachment 227032 View attachment 227033 View attachment 227035 View attachment 227037 View attachment 227040View attachment 227043 View attachment 227044 View attachment 227045

My tactic will have passing style short, fullbacks & midfielders running from deep often, running with ball rarely, long shots rarely, through balls sometimes and roams from position yes for the midfielders.I need help because this tactic is no longer working at all. I'm not dominating possession away from home and I'm not having a good pass completion ratio. PLEASE!!!!!! Can the tacticians of FM give me any helpful and relevant advice on high to create a more effective possession tactic for the 4-6-0 formation. Note I'm not looking to change the 4-6-0 dimension in any way. I'm sticking with my strikerless tactic but I want to tweak any silly mistakes to the tactic that are contributing to my downfall.

Thanks for your time Raikan, please can you give me some helpful tips because I've logged so many hours trying to get this right.

Last edited:
Back