Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hi, I'm after a Wigan tactic in my first season in Jan. I need a tactic to play against the top 6, currently playing with Proxy's park the bus destroyer, but just leak way too many goals. Also to switch to when I'm leading and hold onto it would be ideal.

This is my team:

GK: Al-Habisi or Gabor Kiraly (rotation)
FBR: Bandalovski w/ Lionel Scaloni back up
FBL: Figueroa/ Fabio Santos (rotation)
CBR: Friederich
CBL: Caldwell
CML (BWM): Diame / Diarra
CMR (AP): James McArthur
AMR (IF): Moses
AML (IF): Siphiwe Tshabalala
STL (DLF): Rodallega
STR (P): Wilfried

AMR+AML swap positions, Both ST swap also.

However in Jan at the moment and struggling with players away on African cup Wilfried, Moses, Tshabalala. Managed to get Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season to play DLF, dropped Rodallega to AML or AMR, Crusat is just on his way back from injury so will be playing in either AMR/L instead of making do with fabio santos there. And got Di Santo as the poacher (not ideal).

Would like a tactic to include Diarra in his natural position, and any recommended transfers/loan for AMR cover!

Raikan i want to understand how you work these tactics. I think that will be extremely helpful.

I will give an example. I tweaked your might-magic tactic and it started failing badly. I tried to create my own 4-4-2 diamond tactic that played to the strength of my players and it failed miserably. So how do you do this?

Do you watch the same game few times after every tweak? Do you do some kind of match analysis? Or do you choose most settings by instinct and then holiday for 5 matches to check results.

In short, how can i make my failed 4-4-2 diamond tactic into a winning one?

Hi, I'm after a Wigan tactic in my first season in Jan. I need a tactic to play against the top 6, currently playing with Proxy's park the bus destroyer, but just leak way too many goals. Also to switch to when I'm leading and hold onto it would be ideal.

This is my team:

GK: Al-Habisi or Gabor Kiraly (rotation)
FBR: Bandalovski w/ Lionel Scaloni back up
FBL: Figueroa/ Fabio Santos (rotation)
CBR: Friederich
CBL: Caldwell
CML (BWM): Diame / Diarra
CMR (AP): James McArthur
AMR (IF): Moses
AML (IF): Siphiwe Tshabalala
STL (DLF): Rodallega
STR (P): Wilfried

AMR+AML swap positions, Both ST swap also.

However in Jan at the moment and struggling with players away on African cup Wilfried, Moses, Tshabalala. Managed to get Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season to play DLF, dropped Rodallega to AML or AMR, Crusat is just on his way back from injury so will be playing in either AMR/L instead of making do with fabio santos there. And got Di Santo as the poacher (not ideal).

Would like a tactic to include Diarra in his natural position, and any recommended transfers/loan for AMR cover!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...408-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-attacking-possession-tactic-raikan007.html

Raikan i want to understand how you work these tactics. I think that will be extremely helpful.

I will give an example. I tweaked your might-magic tactic and it started failing badly. I tried to create my own 4-4-2 diamond tactic that played to the strength of my players and it failed miserably. So how do you do this?

Do you watch the same game few times after every tweak? Do you do some kind of match analysis? Or do you choose most settings by instinct and then holiday for 5 matches to check results.

In short, how can i make my failed 4-4-2 diamond tactic into a winning one?

there are so many things mate :) so many factors etc etc

I just have certain tried and tested components that I integrate into new tactics from my older ones :) formations, roles, defending and attacking styles etc etc :)

start off really basic, then start editing team instructions, watch a few games (extended) and then start to make little tweaks and work from there :)

433 - Dm as DLP and IF's :) you can try my Swoop 433 tactic if you like or use it to mould your own

Thanks for the advice, can u give me a good counter formation also with the same mould like this? also i like the sweeper keeper better like the kid at gladbach. would that affect the swoop 433 tactic if i change it. i have a tactic i use that gave me like 86 goals for the season with hoffem in germany but the defending is the problem. need advice on that

Thanks for the advice, can u give me a good counter formation also with the same mould like this? also i like the sweeper keeper better like the kid at gladbach. would that affect the swoop 433 tactic if i change it. i have a tactic i use that gave me like 86 goals for the season with hoffem in germany but the defending is the problem. need advice on that

should be fine ;) 433 or 424 is usually a good counter attacking formation, you need width mostly

Hi raikan,

Sorry for late reply, I had a xml parsing error and have just sorted it out ( i hope ). Some feed back from your suggestions.

Sunderland (H) 3 -0 Thiago (2) Wickham
Stoke (A) 1-0 O/G
West Ham (H) 0 -4
MCity (H) 2-3 O/G Wickham
AVilla (A) 1-4 J Adam
AFC (A) 0-7
Fulham (H) 0-1
Bolton (H) 3-3 tHIAGO Trippier J Adam
Hull (FA CUP)(A) 1-2 Thiago

Changed to 433 DM

Everton (A) 2-6 Thiago (2)

After a fairly good start I seem to have been "easy meat" I stuck at it for 9 games and then changed to the 433DM and also got a hiding???? Any idea's . Kameni will not come to me??? Tried Emyeama and varoius others but nobody is interested on coming to the "mighty" plymouth... HELP PS: SANOGO HAS BEEN INJURED.

Hey Raikan, Quick Question. Whats your view on opposition instructions. Personally ive used it in the past and won trophies while using it. The thing is most people dont use it and also when i see people make tactics they dont include opposition instructions.

So should it be best left alone as i have also heard it disrupts the original tactic during match day

Hey Raikan, Quick Question. Whats your view on opposition instructions. Personally ive used it in the past and won trophies while using it. The thing is most people dont use it and also when i see people make tactics they dont include opposition instructions.

So should it be best left alone as i have also heard it disrupts the original tactic during match day

it really depends on the tactic mate, I always use OI's, but they go hand in hand with my style of play and tactic, so whatever works for you really :)

Cool Cool. Ill soon upload me tactic on FMBAse. Hoping to be Cruyff Ferguson :)

it really depends on the tactic mate, I always use OI's, but they go hand in hand with my style of play and tactic, so whatever works for you really :)

problem im facing!!! signed for madrid an my budget is over 350mil, when i tr to buy a player the prices that the other clubs want are sky high. i wanted to sign a player from my last squad that cost 14mil, they want 77mil for him, it even went as for as i been offered a player for 206mil(damiao), also ronaldo is an *******, he disrupts the team chemistry on the field, i score more when he not on the field an he tries abt 20 long range shots per match an they never on target, i cant retrain him cuz he 29 an i guess my biggest mistake was making him captain. i need a good replacement for him. he is scoring but because of him i lost to barcelona 3-1, we had so many attacks when its him an 3 others on the keeper an all he had to do was pass an its a tap in an he just shoots wildly. need help with this

problem im facing!!! signed for madrid an my budget is over 350mil, when i tr to buy a player the prices that the other clubs want are sky high. i wanted to sign a player from my last squad that cost 14mil, they want 77mil for him, it even went as for as i been offered a player for 206mil(damiao), also ronaldo is an *******, he disrupts the team chemistry on the field, i score more when he not on the field an he tries abt 20 long range shots per match an they never on target, i cant retrain him cuz he 29 an i guess my biggest mistake was making him captain. i need a good replacement for him. he is scoring but because of him i lost to barcelona 3-1, we had so many attacks when its him an 3 others on the keeper an all he had to do was pass an its a tap in an he just shoots wildly. need help with this

clubs wont let their prized assets go for peanuts, especially clubs with good rep! just like real life, they will ask as much as possible to scare you away! sign someone else rather!

Ronaldo, I have not managed him since he was at Utd, ask him to unlearn shoots from distance and in his instructions, no long shots, give him high freedom as well to prevent him just running or shooting!

clubs wont let their prized assets go for peanuts, especially clubs with good rep! just like real life, they will ask as much as possible to scare you away! sign someone else rather!

Ronaldo, I have not managed him since he was at Utd, ask him to unlearn shoots from distance and in his instructions, no long shots, give him high freedom as well to prevent him just running or shooting!

i did ask him to an he still is, also changing how he plays changes the team play