Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hi Raikan :)

I was wondering if you could give me any advice on recreating Neymar's role for Santos.

Santos play a diamond (more of a 4-1-2-1-2 style one) and Neymar drifts wide from his STL striker position and then cuts inside when he receives the ball. It should be possible as when I was playing against Barca in Europe he re-enacted his real life role within Ancelotti's diamond, Messi attacking from the AMC role as well! 0-0 was a great result for me.

A couple of idea's I've had are using 'hug touchline' but training the player to cut inside and also to 'dribble often' or whatever its called. Would these idea's work?

Last edited:
Hi Raikan,

I would like to ask you about your tactics. When you are sure they work? What results you are after when you create a new tactic?

FB's and WB's - Too many passes

Hey Raikan, Can I ask you something? I use mainly your S&S tactic, but also another more defensive oriented one, and no matter the players I play with, the one who has the most passes in every game is the left full/wing back. Is there something I can do to channel my passing towards the central midfield? In real life I've never seen a FB/WB top the passing charts and I would like to make my game more "realistic. Cheers, // Matt

Last edited:
Hey Raikan, Can I ask you something? I use mainly your S&S tactic, but also another more defensive oriented one, and no matter the players I play with, the one who has the most passes in every game is the left full/wing back. Is there something I can do to channel my passing towards the central midfield? In real life I've never seen a FB/WB top the passing charts and I would like to make my game more "realistic. Cheers, // Matt

hey bud, its FM, most passes are made by your fullbacks :) well not all the time, but a lot of the time! focus passing through the middle, narrow it down a bit as well! dont let your fb run from deep often, make them stay back!

Ahh, so it's a generic FM problem then? I hope they deal with that in future editions (as well as a few other things).
And I forgot to thank you in the above post, for all the work you have put into the game and made available for us over the years.

In your first S&S version (is that downloadable somewhere), you used three CM's if I'm not mistaken, but then moved one up into a AMC position right? How did that change your possession stats and passing overall?

Cheers.

Hi Raikan,

I would like to ask you about your tactics. When you are sure they work? What results you are after when you create a new tactic?

many different things mate, too many to write down, practice makes perfect

Hi Raikan :)

I was wondering if you could give me any advice on recreating Neymar's role for Santos.

Santos play a diamond (more of a 4-1-2-1-2 style one) and Neymar drifts wide from his STL striker position and then cuts inside when he receives the ball. It should be possible as when I was playing against Barca in Europe he re-enacted his real life role within Ancelotti's diamond, Messi attacking from the AMC role as well! 0-0 was a great result for me.

A couple of idea's I've had are using 'hug touchline' but training the player to cut inside and also to 'dribble often' or whatever its called. Would these idea's work?

yes, they would work mate :) but also can counter act each other at the same time!

set him to move into channels and cross sometimes from the byline or

cut inside cross from byline ;)

good luck

yes, they would work mate :) but also can counter act each other at the same time!

set him to move into channels and cross sometimes from the byline or

cut inside cross from byline ;)

good luck

Thanks for the reply. :)

Your answer seems to be a better way of implamenting the idea that I had. It seems like it will open up space for my other attackers more as well.

8-|

Thanks for the reply. :)

Your answer seems to be a better way of implamenting the idea that I had. It seems like it will open up space for my other attackers more as well.

8-|

its a pleasure, hope you get it to work :) good luck

Hey raikan,

can you suggest some good deep lying playmakers who can tackle well for my man utd team?

is andrea poli good in fm 2012? or de rossi?

Hey raikan,

can you suggest some good deep lying playmakers who can tackle well for my man utd team?

is andrea poli good in fm 2012? or de rossi?

De Rossi is good, way too much in wages though and rarely leaves Roma!

Poli is quality!

Guido Pizzaro - Lanus
Joa Moutinho - Fc Porto
Javi Martinez - Athletic

De Rossi is good, way too much in wages though and rarely leaves Roma!

Poli is quality!

Guido Pizzaro - Lanus
Joa Moutinho - Fc Porto
Javi Martinez - Athletic

Great! I think i will go for Poli. I already have modric, so that means i will have two deep lying playmaker style players ( modric the support kind and poli the defensive kind).

I am using knaps 106pt tactic from SI forums atm. It is doing well, so fingers crossed it continues.

However, it seems that this year might be the first year i actually create and STICK WITH my own tactic. As other people's "plug and play" tactics just don't seem to work for the WHOLE season.

Can you suggest some player roles and duties, and team instructions? I like to play attacking football, as close to united as possible when we play that mixture of possesion football in the centre and direct fast passing/crossing on the wings.

My team:

De gea
Jones
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Modric
Carrick (but going to buy a cm soon anyway)
Young
Rooney
Hernandez

I also just bought llorente to replace berbatov btw :)

Hi mate im currently enjoying the great san marino challenge. I'm established in serie a but my flat 442 won't take me any further as ive finished 10th 8th and 8th. I have a quality team, all regens just about. either are currently wonderkids or have been wonderkids. Have you got a flat 442 I could use please. My team is very similar to the Man Utd teams off the mid to late 90's. Any help would be great ta bud.

Hi Raikan,

I'd like to have some advice about my tactic.
I'm playing with Juventus and I'm starting my second season.
Here it is (it's in italian, tell me if you need translation):

View attachment 233539

Thanks pal!

I also just bought llorente to replace berbatov btw :)

De gea - Gk - Defend
Jones - Fb - Support
Ferdinand - Cb - Cover
Vidic - Cb - Stopper
Evra Fb - Attack
Nani - Winger - Attack
Modric - Ap - Support
Carrick - Dlp - Support
Young Winger - Attack
Rooney Dlf - Support
Hernandez - Poacher - Attack
llorente - Cf - Support or TM - Support

Hi mate im currently enjoying the great san marino challenge. I'm established in serie a but my flat 442 won't take me any further as ive finished 10th 8th and 8th. I have a quality team, all regens just about. either are currently wonderkids or have been wonderkids. Have you got a flat 442 I could use please. My team is very similar to the Man Utd teams off the mid to late 90's. Any help would be great ta bud.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-attacking-possession-tactic-raikan007.html

drop the wingers to mids and take off the swapping wings setting for the wingers :)

good luck!

Here it is! ;)

Fluid
Offensive
Pass: short
Creative freedom: more disciplinate
Closing down: more closing down
Tackle: normal
Marking: zonal marking
cross: drill
Roaming: normal

Going down were there are the sliders:

Defensive line
Width
Rithm
Time waste
Passing direction: mixed
Counter attack: yes
Offside trap: no

Playmaker: no
Target: forward (proacher)
Pass to target: on the run

Well, I think I can post it here, maybe is faster...

File name: Juventus 4-5-1 12.2.1.tac File size: 1.14 KB