Nani - Winger - Attack
Modric - Ap - Support
Carrick - Dlp - Support
Young Winger - Attack
Rooney Dlf - Support
Hernandez - Poacher - Attack
llorente - Cf - Support or TM - Support

Cheers mate.

I bough poli as you suggested, so i think DLP support is still appropriate here.

As for team instructions, what would you reccommend?
Normally i go for, attaking strategy with a fluid philosophy, default passing ( for a mixture of short and direct), and little freedom to keep rigid instructions within the fluid philosophy. can you suggest anything for the remaining instructions?

Have you ever tried creating a more compact tactic? A lot of your tactics seem to revolve around wingers. By compact I mean tactics that suit teams like Inter and Chelsea.

Would be interesting to see IMO.

Cheers mate.

I bough poli as you suggested, so i think DLP support is still appropriate here.

As for team instructions, what would you reccommend?
Normally i go for, attaking strategy with a fluid philosophy, default passing ( for a mixture of short and direct), and little freedom to keep rigid instructions within the fluid philosophy. can you suggest anything for the remaining instructions?

shorter, controlled, balanced, higher, more expressive, more roaming, pressing, zonal :)

Thanks alot i have a really good advanced forward so would it cause any problems changing the DPL to advanced forward? Are my deeper midfielders still set to be wingers or wide mids? I have a giggs type for the left and beckham type for the right side.

I would use that AF as the poacher and change that instead..

the wingers dont run with ball often but make sure you take off the switching in instructions as the amr and aml are set to switch :)

Have you ever tried creating a more compact tactic? A lot of your tactics seem to revolve around wingers. By compact I mean tactics that suit teams like Inter and Chelsea.

Would be interesting to see IMO.

Lol, you ask and you will receive :)

Made this right now, its a narrower version (of course changed quite a lot from my latest tactic) I have uploaded to test, this was the first game I used it in right now!

Can you say Domination? :p I think I am going to be using this tactic from now on, thanks Conor :)

View attachment 233758

Tactic:

View attachment 233759

Lol, you ask and you will receive :)

Made this right now, its a narrower version (of course changed quite a lot from my latest tactic) I have uploaded to test, this was the first game I used it in right now!

Can you say Domination? :p I think I am going to be using this tactic from now on, thanks Conor :)

View attachment 233758

Tactic:

View attachment 233759

****... That was quick. :D

I find myself picking a team shaped around your tactics (IE. A team who suits 4-2-2-2, etc) so obviously that leaves out certain teams, teams I can definitely try out now.

Thanks Raikan. :D Now to pick what team I want. :)

Tried the 4231/433 formation... very good, dominating games immediately with >75% familiarity, 4/4 games so far, not yet faced a top side though. I do notice it scores quite a lot from corner too, i try to stop that by tweaking some corners lol.

Add:
Goals Galore 433 scores quite alot from corner too, but so far the games I played, this 4231 tactic feel superior because against mid-table teams or weak teams, the scores are by bigger margins and cleansheet is more common. I also like the game philosphy more... when the engine plays out the game is more entertaining which is what I wanted.

Goals galore's RVP as advanced forward is good. Then I tried some other tactics, I think hancur 4231 with poacher, that one my RVP somehow not performing. So quite surprise my RVP Poacher here is playing brilliant, like real life, a bit worried at first when I saw poacher lol.

Last edited:
Hello Raikan are any of your formations compatible with the new patch 12.2.2 ?

Tried the 4231/433 formation... very good, dominating games immediately with >75% familiarity, 4/4 games so far, not yet faced a top side though. I do notice it scores quite a lot from corner too, i try to stop that by tweaking some corners lol.

Add:
Goals Galore 433 scores quite alot from corner too, but so far the games I played, this 4231 tactic feel superior because against mid-table teams or weak teams, the scores are by bigger margins and cleansheet is more common. I also like the game philosphy more... when the engine plays out the game is more entertaining which is what I wanted.

Goals galore's RVP as advanced forward is good. Then I tried some other tactics, I think hancur 4231 with poacher, that one my RVP somehow not performing. So quite surprise my RVP Poacher here is playing brilliant, like real life, a bit worried at first when I saw poacher lol.

The 4231/433 formations that you are talking about, where do I find them? And what team did you use ?

Raikan my boy I have a winger question.

As you might know I'm an Ajax fan and I just LOVE playing them in FM.
I always look to combine one of your tactics with the real Ajax tactic. The thing is you always use IF's.
I'm planning on using Swoop but I want to convert the AML IF to a winger, just like real life.

I want the winger to not always go wide for a cross but to go straight for the goal in case of a counter.

-Would a Winger-attack-wideplay=normal totally ruin it?
-Does the AP position (CML vs CMR) influence the way the tactic works?

Could this work?

I'm aiming for:

-------------------Sightorsson
Boerrigter-------------------------------Eriksen

--------------Janssen-------Ytergard

-----------------------Kara

Eriksen drifting inside going nuts with through balls and Boerrigter giving crosses.

ps. you're the man ;)

Last edited:
Hi Raikan, my tactics seems to go well, but I'd like to create more CCC since I can have only 1 or 2 for games. Have you any advice?

Raikan my boy I have a winger question.

As you might know I'm an Ajax fan and I just LOVE playing them in FM.
I always look to combine one of your tactics with the real Ajax tactic. The thing is you always use IF's.
I'm planning on using Swoop but I want to convert the AML IF to a winger, just like real life.

I want the winger to not always go wide for a cross but to go straight for the goal in case of a counter.

-Would a Winger-attack-wideplay=normal totally ruin it?
-Does the AP position (CML vs CMR) influence the way the tactic works?

Could this work?

I'm aiming for:

-------------------Sightorsson
Boerrigter-------------------------------Eriksen

--------------Janssen-------Ytergard

-----------------------Kara

Eriksen drifting inside going nuts with through balls and Boerrigter giving crosses.

ps. you're the man ;)

hey bud,

move into channels is the best! if you give him run with ball often, he will decide what the best option will be, if defenders are coming on his inside they will push him out towards the corner, if he is clean through on goal he should take it on...

I would rather use the new 433 I am working on and have Eriksen as the central Cm then change the IF's to move into channels :0

its based on the latest patch and is working really well for me!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...12-2-0-latest-patch-serious-testers-only.html

Yo thanks for the reply m8. I mirrored the example and I'm using him as AML now with Serrero as winger.

I am a few games into the season but it's not working as intended. I tried it in the demo with him as AMR and he was on fire, but I can't replicate it as AML with the same settings.

I will try using move into channels with the winger. Should I use this on Eriksen too or just Cut Inside?

I'm thinking: man mark - not tight - run from deep often - move into channels?

Maybe I'll make him Adv. playmaker support instead of IF and see what happens.

thanks m8!

Raikan, could you please help me with this tactic. I've started a new game with Real Madrid, and I am planning to use your new 4-3-3 tactic, but I prefer playing with AMC, so I dragged MC to AMC and done several changes to player instrucions. First I've changed role to Advanced playmaker - Attack and short passing,run from deep often,run with ball often,throught ball to often, move into channels, I also gave him more attacking mentality and more creative freedom. Are all these changes ok? And I also changed the Advanced playmaker role in MC which was into DLP, because Xabi Alonso is more of a DLP. Should I change any of his instructions or should I leave it as it is? Now my tactic looks like this (bellow) Are there any changes that could have been done to make this tactic even better? Thanks

View attachment 234945

I dont think so, its perfect, you can set the Aml (CR7's) position to cross sometimes allowing him to run and take on more defenders before looking for the cross, from byline as well!

change Xabi's passing to LONG (all the way) this works really well with people like him who can switch the ball (Huddlestone) 99% of the time they will make the easier pass so dont stress about that but if your striker makes that clever run, there is a chance he will find him, that goes for the wingers as well!

Xabi must never run with ball, often through balls, sometimes long shots and crossing, close to high freedom and never run from deep! no holding up ball either as this is a waste, players always get caught in possession! I never use it...

good luck, I look forward to your results

and until the team are at least 3/4 familiar with the tactic, change to balanced :)