Raoul Moat on the Loose

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOWVVoC64wY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Gazza on raoul moat on the radio[/ame]

What the **** is all this about Gazza??
This could take a while, he's not going to give up anytime soon, not easily at least, he'd rather commit suice by police, can't really see him shooting himself, he'll probably take out as many others as poss. if he doesn't give himself up for arrest - ****** scary for everyone involved i should think, including the police, himself and the residents

they could still be there when we go to bed and wake up again

why cant the snipers just shoot the hand he is holding the gun in then arrest him. one in the arm is better than one in the head!!!

why cant the snipers just shoot the hand he is holding the gun in then arrest him. one in the arm is better than one in the head!!!

They obviously want him to give up without the need for violence

Because the rules of engagement for armed police are thatg you can only shoot if you have a gun pointed at you or a member of the public.

They can't shoot unless he point the gun at them, besides the shotgun is apprently pointed to his own throat. Shoot hand and it may set off the gun.

if he's holding the shotgun under his chin then his hand will be in fornt of his body, if they shoot his hand the round will pass through his hand into his chest....

I think he;ll go out with a whimper. Start crying as 'nobody cares for him'. I think if he wanted or planned to kill himself, he would have done it by now.

This may be a stupid question (seeing as they haven't done it), but why can't they bring in one of the country's best available snipers and shoot him with a heavy tranquiliser? Or is that against human rights or something daft? No need for sarcastic replies just to bump your posts up :) There must be a reason -- I just want to know what it is.

This may be a stupid question (seeing as they haven't done it), but why can't they bring in one of the country's best available snipers and shoot him with a heavy tranquiliser? Or is that against human rights or something daft? No need for sarcastic replies just to bump your posts up :) There must be a reason -- I just want to know what it is.

Not allowed to open fire i dont think. If a sudden change in wind or anything occured and missed it could set him off.

because the gun is under his neck, the tranquiliser would have to be instantaneous, and even then if his body spasms, his finger could pull the trigger

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

its just too risky, if he was indoors they would flashbang him

To be fair i thought about this earlier but didnt want to post because i know people will be sarcastic about it. I dont see why they cant do it but i guess if they do it and miss then you will make him mad and he will start doing crazy things to officers/himself

Back