Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*

I'm not advocating for alternative download methods but if you're a student like me, your uni probably offers these programs free of charge.

I have to agree with you on the way your kits feel, as the color seems to be more intact with the fabric. One idea I was wondering if you'd consider would be to try giving the striped jersey thin stripes like AC Milan's 11-12 jersey. In my opinion, it looked retro but maintained that modern feel. Just a thought, let me know what you think
It's not that I'm at University that I can't afford it (still got a year and half or so to go yet), but it's more that I'm still at school and can't find any decent part-time jobs locally to get any money in. I can probably just wait until I go to Uni to get that sorted and use SSD for now.

As for the stripes idea, I could try it but I'd have to check that there's a template to make it possible to do, at least as an alternative option (as the one I've actually made is an accurate rendition of Penistone's home shirt).

EDIT: In other news, another couple of kits, this time for Tower Hamlets:

View attachment 179791View attachment 179790
A bit plain I know, but I'm trying to base my kits off the real deal as much as possible. This also is why the away kit is brighter than the home, as I had to use mode A rather than mode D lighting on Smart Shirt Designer to get the colour right. And yes, that "sponsor" on the away kit is indeed accurate.

Any comments or criticism on these or any of my other kits?

Last edited:
Just a few more kits I've made since the Tower Hamlets ones, if anyone's interested in rating them:

Cammell Laird 1907
View attachment 178759View attachment 178758

Haughmond
View attachment 178757View attachment 178756

Yaxley
View attachment 178755View attachment 178754View attachment 178753

I've started to gravitate more towards lighting mode B in SSD rather than mode D as the latter makes a lot of the colours way too light (though it does work well with black and white kits). For other colours, mode B seems to get me a more accurate representation of the real deal without being too bright like mode A was.

Nice work Posh. :) You can really see the grade of improvement in the last few congrats. :)

Done some more for my DC/Marvel League, so might as well throw em up..

View attachment 1023089View attachment 1023090View attachment 1023091

Metropolis City - Home kit based on Superman, Away Lex's Power Suit.

View attachment 1023092View attachment 1023093View attachment 1023094

Gotham Knights - Batman (obvs)

View attachment 1023095View attachment 1023096View attachment 1023097

Arkham Jokers - Home kit based on Jokers suit (not set on it, but it'll do for now) Away on Harley Quinn.

View attachment 1023098View attachment 1023099View attachment 1023100

Star City Archers - Green Arrow, home kit based on him, away kit speedy

View attachment 1023101View attachment 1023102View attachment 1023103

Stark Expo - Home Kit Iron Man, Away Kit Iron Patriot

View attachment 1023104View attachment 1023105View attachment 1023106

St Roch Hawks - Based on Hawkman, only half waythrough this one, not sure on the sponsor if any as yet, but seems a bit plain at the min.

So far so good, i think.

Those kits are certainly... interesting. A lot of them look weird for football kits, but I suppose your focus is more on catching the idea of the characters first and foremost. In that respect, you've most definitely succeeded. I especially like the Star City Archers kit and badge. What other superheroes are you planning to do?

These are the ones I went and made today, this time for Cleethorpes Town (who play in Grimsby while Grimsby Town play in Cleethorpes, bizarrely enough):

View attachment 177823View attachment 177822View attachment 177821
Had to convert one of the SS templates I downloaded to make it SSD-friendly for the home and away kits, while also adding an extra box onto that home kit for the sponsor. Also, I was kind of forced to improvise and use the same sponsor for all three kits despite each kit using a different sponsor, but only because I could not find decent images for either of the other two sponsors. Also, despite what I said in my last post, these kits were made on mode D lighting rather than mode B as that just seemed to work better; not surprising for the home and away kits, but I was surprised yellow worked so well considering how many issues orange and red had given me on mode D.

Any thoughts on these kits?

Yeah, its defo a fantasy league, realism is way out the window for kit creation, :) created Atlantis as a country with various cities to cover the DC fictional side of things. Staff and owners are the various billionnaires and hero teams. Mostly the Marvel side to go for now, its only an 8 DC, 8 Marvel split.

Xavier Academy, SHIELD, Latveria Doom, Wakanda Panthers, The Brotherhood, Asgard Thunder,

Last edited:
TThese are the ones I went and made today, this time for Cleethorpes Town (who play in Grimsby while Grimsby Town play in Cleethorpes, bizarrely enough):

View attachment 1023109View attachment 1023110View attachment 1023111
Had to convert one of the SS templates I downloaded to make it SSD-friendly for the home and away kits, while also adding an extra box onto that home kit for the sponsor. Also, I was kind of forced to improvise and use the same sponsor for all three kits despite each kit using a different sponsor, but only because I could not find decent images for either of the other two sponsors. Also, despite what I said in my last post, these kits were made on mode D lighting rather than mode B as that just seemed to work better; not surprising for the home and away kits, but I was surprised yellow worked so well considering how many issues orange and red had given me on mode D.

Any thoughts on these kits?

Nice, they are looking good, not sure on keeping the white box for the yellow kit and i'd drop the sponspr down maybe 10-15pixels on other design but clearly centred in the stripe break on this one.. You can see a definite improvement in the colour and sharpness of the kit and logos etc. :)

Last edited:
^
Good for first tries, but your colours are a bit too bright so it makes the kits look more 2D than they actually are or should be. Also probably helps to have some consistency with sponsor positioning and the size of the club badge (the one on the third kit is smaller than the other two). Also, the club badge for all three kits would look better if it was more the size of the one on the third kit, and your sponsor could probably be slightly smaller. Still, good first tries.

6.5/10 for all three

Anyway, a few more of my own to throw out there (this time in alphabetical order and once again based on reality as much as possible):

Eversley & California:
View attachment 173656View attachment 173655

Helston Athletic:
View attachment 173654View attachment 173653

Porthleven:
View attachment 173652View attachment 173651

Shawbury United:
View attachment 173650View attachment 173648

^
Good for first tries, but your colours are a bit too bright so it makes the kits look more 2D than they actually are or should be. Also probably helps to have some consistency with sponsor positioning and the size of the club badge (the one on the third kit is smaller than the other two). Also, the club badge for all three kits would look better if it was more the size of the one on the third kit, and your sponsor could probably be slightly smaller. Still, good first tries.
thanks Ill try to tidy it up a bit but I am not using photoshop so..

6.5/7 - Kit designs are solid. I would really add a stroke to Porthleven kits around the sponsor makes them pop and easier to read; and in the Helston Athletic, I would have matched the club logo colours with the kit so that the colours are all tied in together other than that some solid work... which templates are you using and is it photoshop?

Started my Hexagon Challenge - here's my first set of kits on my journey...
Ittihad Alexandria
View attachment 173192View attachment 173191

Last edited:
6.5/7 - Kit designs are solid. I would really add a stroke to Porthleven kits around the sponsor makes them pop and easier to read; and in the Helston Athletic, I would have matched the club logo colours with the kit so that the colours are all tied in together other than that some solid work... which templates are you using and is it photoshop?

Started my Hexagon Challenge - here's my first set of kits on my journey...
Ittihad Alexandria
View attachment 1027991View attachment 1027992

I use Smart Shirt Designer 2 and mostly use whatever templates in there fit what I need, though sometimes I'm having to create the templates myself or combine others to get what I want. I'm not able to afford Photoshop and I'm not at University to be able to get it for a much lower price, so my hands are kind of tied in that regard.

Another few kits that I've been making in the last couple of days:

Coventry United:

View attachment 170942View attachment 170941

Forest Hill Park:
View attachment 170940View attachment 170939

Great Yarmouth Town:

View attachment 170938View attachment 170937

Harborough Town:
View attachment 170936View attachment 170935

Lewisham Borough:
View attachment 170934View attachment 170933

Pershore Town:
View attachment 170932View attachment 170931

Once again, I appreciate any and all constructive feedback/criticism (especially as I'm not entirely happy with some of these).

Another few kits that I've been making in the last couple of days:

Coventry United:

View attachment 1030415View attachment 1030416

Forest Hill Park:
View attachment 1030417View attachment 1030418

Great Yarmouth Town:

View attachment 1030419View attachment 1030420

Harborough Town:
View attachment 1030421View attachment 1030422

Lewisham Borough:
View attachment 1030423View attachment 1030424

Pershore Town:
View attachment 1030425View attachment 1030426

Once again, I appreciate any and all constructive feedback/criticism (especially as I'm not entirely happy with some of these).

Looking good, Posh i'd have taken the white frames off the sponsers but it more a personal taste thing that a criticism, maybe lower some of them a touch.

As far me, i went back and tided a bit of the shadow effect on some kits (now that ive learnt more i'm tempted to scrap half and do them again but meh..

Major League Baseball Teams as FM kits for my USA database.

View attachment 1031644

Hopefully you can tell who is who, i kept the club colours the same. Some have custom logos though

As far me, i went back and tided a bit of the shadow effect on some kits (now that ive learnt more i'm tempted to scrap half and do them again but meh..

Major League Baseball Teams as FM kits for my USA database.
Hopefully you can tell who is who, i kept the club colours the same. Some have custom logos though

I would love to see the database being an avid baseball fan