Yess TFF didnt suggest to ose 2 or 3 different tactics but White Europe is doing right thing becouse you can achieve much more if you set your formation/tactic differently acording to opposition formation/tactic/playing style...

This comes from a person who recently complained that he can't succeed in FM17 and was telling how bad FM17 is and to illustrate it he showed a screenshot from a match where at the end of it all his players had about 60% Conditions but he hadn't made any substitution during that match... I remember I laughed my **** off when I saw it... Ahahahaha :)

Dude, please keep sharing your opinion with us... It's always nice to hear advices from a skilled person... ;)

Ohhh you feel so clever right??? i am playing Fm since it was CM so don't tell me about rotation or substitutes... In that screenshot i was jus want to show that its not working for my hull save! that game was just the last drop in to the bucket, and after 1st half it was already 2:0 losing to Sunderland! so ive just drop my hands down and didnt substitute no one couse i knew i am gonna stop playing that save... so please dont act like youre ****** gods and i am just a NOOB as you said...

I'm having issues with this/these tactics. Was using the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic before this patch with Man Utd. Everything worked like a charm, unbelievable results without any signings. Then about 24 games in my team just lost morale for some reason. We weren't knocked out of any competitions and we were at the top of the PL table but for some reason we stopped scoring, started losing (lost 5-2 to Liverpool, the fans weren't happy). Managed to win the league after a couple of team talks and me slamming the team but we only won by a point when we were ahead by at least 10 before then. Don't want my second season to end up like that.

Any tips on how to not bottle it like Arsenal?

Anyone else struggling with striker? scores virtually none for me?

I am Derby in first season - using Bent, Lafferty, Russell and Weimann

my AMC - Will Hughes is my top scorer

Anyone else struggling with striker? scores virtually none for me?

I am Derby in first season - using Bent, Lafferty, Russell and Weimann

my AMC - Will Hughes is my top scorer

hey mate, i am playing with manu, in the first season ibrea was my top goal scorer, in the second year martial which i didnt use him as a striker, now i have morata and so far he score 12 goals in 7 preimer league matches, but as long as i am wining i dont realy care if my striker scores or not, but yeah its always nice to see your striker score

Ohhh you feel so clever right??? i am playing Fm since it was CM so don't tell me about rotation or substitutes... In that screenshot i was jus want to show that its not working for my hull save! that game was just the last drop in to the bucket, and after 1st half it was already 2:0 losing to Sunderland! so ive just drop my hands down and didnt substitute no one couse i knew i am gonna stop playing that save... so please dont act like youre ****** gods and i am just a NOOB as you said...

And in ye old CM, fitness didn't affect team performance as much as it does now. Even in the first FM games you could play the same 11 players for months and still be winning everything, and yes i've been playing since CM Italia '95 on my old amiga, on pc my favorites was CM 01/02 and FM05.

I've been running an all Italian AC Milan roster with great success (2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd in league and won CL 4th season). However I can't get my strikers to score consistently. Currently I'm using Zaza or Belotti. My other options would be to purchase Gabbiadini or Bonazzoli, but they are way behind stat wise (Berardi is wrecking on right wing, so I don't wanna move him). Do you have any suggestions for tweaking the role when playing with Zaza/Belotti up-front? In previous saves my strikers have scored 40-50 times/season but I'm struggling to have them break 20 goals overall now (barely 10-15 in the league).

What should I change over the seasons? So other teams dont adapt to my tactic.

I am using the V13 tactic with fine results, but when i attack i dont think my team use my full backs when they come forward and are in good positions on the flanks. Could this be because of the narrow tactic?

The tactic presents incredible potential. Control the games, shoot harder and play nice football. You can see in the screens below: incredible victories against Atético de Madrid and Man City.

View attachment 109649View attachment 109648

But in some easy games tactics leave a lot to be desired. When AI takes its secret. This is quite evident in the local league. A fifth place suffered and unbelievable stumbling blocks, like at home against the Elche.

View attachment 109647View attachment 109646View attachment 109645

Anyway, I believe there must be a combination of three tactics: one more offensive, the normal and one defensive (not restraint: you have some goals in contention). I do not have time to develop, but I leave my suggestion.

The AI is very developed, so I believe that a tactic, however perfect it is with the V13, is not enough.

THE TACTICS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

THE WASTE TIME TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDADTED

CHANGES:

- tweaked the closing down settings of DCL/DCR positions

I am using the V13 tactic with fine results, but when i attack i dont think my team use my full backs when they come forward and are in good positions on the flanks. Could this be because of the narrow tactic?
I've seen that too on the 4-1-2-2-1 (I think V4 or V6, need to check it at home). DR is going forward but rarely gets a pass from the CM/IF. Also DRs have been getting very bad ratings for their performance after 15 games (either both of them have a bad streak, or it's caused by the tactic implemented to 100%). Playing as Portsmouth (League One), maybe my players aren't the best for it (vision and creativity wise). I definitely don't have an optimal AMC, so I use the 4-2-3-1 only vs very weak teams or against mediocre at home. During the pre-season I scored a lot of goals after a DR cross onto the left IF head.

I'm sometimes struggling vs teams that pack the middle, for example play 4-1-4-1, defensive 3-5-2 or mimic my formation but play more defensively. I've been trying to increase width and tempo (I can rotate my squad and have a good fitness coach) in such games and usually it looks better.

I'll try the updated tactics, and maybe disable the shoot less instruction from players that have the best finishing/long shots attribute, as sometimes it's frustrating to see 7 players (my 3 + 4 enemies) doing short passing in penalty area.

Still, I'm getting a very good result - got 17 games without loosing in league, 8 won games in a row earlier. Lowest conceded in league, best tackling in league.

Game version 17.2.1

I started the league with Trabzonspor. Media sequencing 4 or 5. FIRED. My tactic V14. V13 and V14 not working on every team.

THE 4-2-3-1 TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V15

THE 4-1-2-2-1 TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V9

THE PPMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED (STC/AMC/MCL/MCR - POSITIONS)

THE ATTRIBUTES AND TRAINING HAVE BEEN UPDATED (STC - POSITION)

CHANGES ( 4-2-3-1 Version) :

- changed the role/duty STC position

- changed the duty of AMC position

CHANGES ( 4-1-2-2-1 Version) :

- changed the roles/duty of STC positions

- changed the roles/duties of MCL/MCR positions

Last edited:
Hey TFF,

Will you update the filters?

Hey,

I've updated the filters to suite the new versions.

bump

THE 4-2-3-1 TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V15

THE 4-1-2-2-1 TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V9

THE PPMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED (STC/AMC/MCL/MCR - POSITIONS)

THE ATTRIBUTES AND TRAINING HAVE BEEN UPDATED (STC - POSITION)

CHANGES ( 4-2-3-1 Version) :

- changed the role/duty STC position

- changed the duty of AMC position

CHANGES ( 4-1-2-2-1 Version) :

- changed the roles/duty of STC positions

- changed the roles/duties of MCL/MCR positions

Hey TFF :)

I have a question for you about Defensive Line :) I hope you will understand my question :)

4-2-3-1 Slightly Higher Defensive Line and 4-1-2-2-1 Slightly Higher Defensive Line is not same ?

4-2-3-1 Distance between Half Line to Slightly Higher Defensive Line is about 8m (26,25 feet)

View attachment 109357

4-1-2-2-1 Distance between Half Line to Slightly Higher Defensive Line is about 16m (52,50 feet)

View attachment 109356

4-1-2-2-1 with Higher Defensive Line is about 7m (22,97 feet) from the Half Line.

View attachment 109351

So 4-2-3-1 Slightly Higher Defensive Line (8m) and 4-1-2-2-1 Higher Defensive Line (7m) it must be almost same :)

If this is true , why do you use for 4-1-2-2-1 Slightly Higher Defensive Line (16m) and why not Higher Defensive Line (7m)

Last edited:
Back